Sounders?

Page  <1 4567>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote graham 99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:14pm
graham 99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

Problem is, instinct isn't going to find you a pin in 120m of water ten km from the nearest land. A sounder/GPS will.
However, no motor, and you would not need the sounder as you'd never get that far out anyhow......
Seriously? (And that ain't easy given the absurdity of this thread), if you eliminate a sounder, then next there will be those who will have sinkers (lead, bad stuff!) banned, then ban nylons/fluorocarbon/braids as these are serious marine pollutants, so we would need to go back to ecologically sound linen lines.
And I tell ya, none of that is gonna happen either.
So no, there is no possible point or need to ban marine electronics. Controls on the harvesting of our fishes is far more simply and easily done by the bag limit laws.
Eliminating sounders or gps's would in fact be removing a crucially important safety and navigation tool from boat...from a boat safety viewpoint you may be better off suggesting that sounders and GPS devices be made mandatory on any and all boats.

you could use the electronics to monitor boats.or better still make electronics compulsory and we have to hand in a trip log to maf for every trip .that would kill the black market
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote graham 99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:17pm
graham 99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

Love  e'm or hate him no matter wot Puggy posts he gets replies and lots of e'm. Look at his own version of Whitianga's fishing report 13,800 hits and still going. Surely must be a recordLOL Puggy on your latest topic, have never owned or used fishfinders or electronics, dont need them.With Snapper my fishing methods i wait till fish come to you. Can't see how they have an advantage, disadvantage if you ask me. Lots i know drive all over the show looking for fish moving when no bites, and end of the day little to show for it.

maybe the oil companys will electronics made compulsory
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:47pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Cpt.Pugwash Cpt.Pugwash wrote:

.............If my threads irritate you then I recommend that you DO NOT READ THEM.Your problem is solved.

I really enjoy this forum.  i am not a great fisherperson, I rarely catch big fish, I love going fishing, i love the information on catch reports, including methods etc.  The Briny Bar is a great way to pass some minutes or hours at various parts of the day.  The other sub-forums have been great in terms of entertainment, information and just blurring out a crap day at work. Ithelps me plan, look forward and daydream about my next trip (Friday 5:30am off devonport/tank farms, then to work by 10? Or where?).

Yes, your thread irritate me because you troll (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll).  Why should you spoil my enjoyment just because you get some thrill about winding people up? My problem is solved when you stop trolling an start contributing.

Brian

(My name)

PS.  One other forum i use to go to often was about my football club.  It was/is totally ruined because of 3 or 4 trolls who persistently and continuously just try to wind people up.  Go. Get. A. Life. For FFS sake.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 7:28am
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Pugwash Cpt.Pugwash wrote:

.............If my threads irritate you then I recommend that you DO NOT READ THEM.Your problem is solved.

I really enjoy this forum.  i am not a great fisherperson, I rarely catch big fish, I love going fishing, i love the information on catch reports, including methods etc.  The Briny Bar is a great way to pass some minutes or hours at various parts of the day.  The other sub-forums have been great in terms of entertainment, information and just blurring out a crap day at work. Ithelps me plan, look forward and daydream about my next trip (Friday 5:30am off devonport/tank farms, then to work by 10? Or where?).

Yes, your thread irritate me because you troll (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll).  Why should you spoil my enjoyment just because you get some thrill about winding people up? My problem is solved when you stop trolling an start contributing.

Brian

x2 Brian - well said.

See here for more on Trolls - and Pugwash is right, if you don't read, their impact is reduced

You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:24am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very interesting. I hope Pugsy still checks in here and watches that.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:36am
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Given this thread contunues to breath, he has clearly had some influence.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 10:03am
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Pugsy is too busy fishing to check this thread

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote miktaras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 3:47pm
miktaras View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Wah a troll ruined my day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 4:37pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cannot blame him for not going fishing,went down to pauanui?beach yesterday,brave to cross to that entrance and no wind,decent size swell coming in so presume same at whitianga
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 4:45pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Well love him or hate him Capt Pugwash certainly must have set several records on this forum, so let's look at a couple of positives inasmuch as :-

In order to operate the forum needs paying sponsors or advertisers.

Normally charges can be set according to membership or activity.

Two threads alone initiated by CP generated over 20,000 views & almost 400 replies.

Let's face it, in order to have a vibrant response in such areas as politics, talkback radio, elections, sport etc. then confrontation involving contentious issues is an essential component for a variety of reasons.

To this end, should forum admin & we members in turn be grateful to CP for his notable contributions & give credit where credit is due ??

Howzabout a vote :-

Yes  

No

Undecided

For the record I rather reluctantly vote yes.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote REIVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 5:47pm
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes from me. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote roscoes2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:00pm
roscoes2 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Variety is the spice of life.....a definite yes from me.....as the "Pugster" so correctly said.....

"Cpt.Pugwash wrote:

.............If my threads irritate you then I recommend that you DO NOT READ THEM.Your problem is solved."

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robbosaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:05pm
robbosaur View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Even tho pug called me putain (lmfao) for saying one of his threads should be killed (the fish finder nonsense) I don't think he's a filthy troll in the normal sense. lol

Mischievous yes, but malicious no. Misguided, dunno - maybe

The continual bombardment of the board with new topics got to be way too much, tho.

Pull your head in a bit and it's all good, imnsho

I haven't been around here long enough to make a call either way.
my 0.02c
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:06pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes on provision that he posted the FACTS not his interrpertation of the facts.
      Debated as to why not run off and start a new thread.

No No No must be on probation otherwise invite JSF back,at least he spoke/debated then knew when he was beat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:16pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:16pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pugwash has not gone...yet...., but is, and shall remain, on probation until we can cure him of his penchant for inanity. So he is not banned. Just put on the naught step.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:23pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I like his thick skinned tenacity and I'm all good with it as long as we don't get anymore pointless side shows.

And while we're at it - bring back Full Sacks, he may have upset a few and not exactly been the most P of beings, but ****e he made me laugh.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:28pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

wheres Keeza and AC ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:36pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

wheres Keeza and AC ?

And Peter the SquidStar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:59pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah Kezza, Squid, AC, JSF, Moggy those guys were quality and the reports/advice they posted fantastic and all missing. 

As for ratings and viewership numbers well look at TV ratings and music charts. LOL Just because people watch or listen it don't mean its any good. 

Any way do what you will with the Pug, this I promise is my final view on anything in the Briny Bar. I will hold my opinions or advice and stick to what I have got in the Yak section.  

Grunta your right about the brilliant gamefishing reports that is what fishing's about.  
Page  <1 4567>