Sounders?

Page  <1 23456 7>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 10:33pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yes indeed Paul and we have no issues at all now I'm sure. Crikey, sometimes we have even had a beer together. Just doing a job the best I can and i know you understand and appreciate that.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 10:33pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

I'm getting a bit big for my stocks now smudge, so if you could arrange a new set then
Pugwash could have my old set !
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 10:34pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gottasay that Pugwashes threads generate a lot of laughs,humor and some good debate. And lots of views ,which i am sure those that advertize on here must be happy with.
And now Bigfish bob has said there are fishfinders that make fish hungary. That sounds good.Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 10:35pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

I'm getting a bit big for my stocks now smudge, so if you could arrange a new set then
Pugwash could have my old set !

Still growing at your age Bazza.?LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 10:39pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I know Cirrus and that is the problem. We enjoy laughing at him but because I have my own moral standards I think it is cruel to string him along. In my opinion it would be kinder to get rid of him rather than just have him as the butt of our jokes.

Having said that, I'm sorry Bazza but you wear those stocks so well. Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 11:08pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pug does raise some interesting questions at times but all too often it turns into a slander match causing the original question to get lost. I do wonder if he has a list of future threads and waits for the last one to die off before posting the next. Annoying he may be, but he has a place here. I vote for him to stay.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 11:29pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wanna read something shocking? Despite having my finger on a trigger TOO MANY TIMES with Pugwash, ..... I don't think he should get the chop just yet.
This thread asked a stupid question, but they are posts initiated by someone with absolutely no idea of how thoroughly the subjects he has raises have been thrashed out before, so I can cut him a little slack for raising the whole Who Stole All The Snapper issue (version 9537) but other threads like his selling whole fish thread or this one on banning sounders, could be quite interesting if only he had the capacity to make points or stimulate discussions in a non acrimonious way.
I am hoping against hope that he pulls his head in a little and LEARNS how to live amicably on this site. Give it another week or two....if he does, fine, if not....then let's unleash Smudge at him then!

Oh, voting..... Of course no one could ever ban fishfinders, that is absurd. If you have a system of fish bag limits, then if fishfinders actually work, then you could say you catch your limit faster, saving fuel, reducing carbon footprints, all that good stuff lol.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 4:13am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Lethal Lethal wrote:

thinking back to when we never had all the above gadjets,
Thumbs Up..i always enjoy reading your posts eric........stu"s as well (his dry sense of humour always comes through.)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cpt.Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 6:51am
Cpt.Pugwash View Drop Down

You critic's better put your glasses on and read my first post AGAIN.
My post was a QUESTION that is open to debate so to refresh your memory it sort of goes like this - could electronics (fishfinders) be controlled in a way that assists with the reduction in catches in area's where there is a SERIOUS problem with over-fishing.
To me this is a legitimate topic and in NO way slags off anyone or any fishing philosophy.
The thing that concerns me is the voracious and abusive response by ( reputable members) asking for my banning, the leader amongst them being smudge....
@smudge - my posts since our - clarification - have been in accordance with your outline, non abusive, no confrontational. I'll remind you that we had an agreement and so far its YOU who's broken the goodwill. Threatening with - Pugwash or me - is a VERY LOW play smudge.

PS. Go across to - The REAL Whitianga Fishing - thread and show me where my ill intent is in my last report?....go on have a look....its alternative but has some facts if you are clever enough to interpret it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 7:07am
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

whats the title of the post again?

maybe you could rename the other post to the real whitianga weather report?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 7:08am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

You just can't help yourself can you Pugster.......  continually laying the burley trail on here and winding up the place. 

The question you've posed is one of the more ridiculous ones I've seen on here and believe me I've seen a few beauties over 15 years. 

How about some interesting info from your area about what's going on rather than this convoluted bollocks you're posting. I've have a few marks for you to try and am waiting until I see something sensible coming from your keyboard before I PM them through ......

x100 votes for Smudge too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 7:14am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Let's see your votes. him or me.
Smudge keep him, I actually enjoy the banter (have really enjoyed the real Whitianga fishing report) and some points raised are interesting.  But, some fishos here are obviously offended.  As you say damned if you do damned if you don't.  Probably you need a different section for his posts - fishing humour perhaps?  I don't think these posts should be in the briny bar section though, most are fishery conspiracy theories I think? 
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robbosaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 7:34am
robbosaur View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Cpt.Pugwash Cpt.Pugwash wrote:

@robbosaur - you're a putain.

Good thing I have the hide of a rhinoceros fish <bounce>
-:)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 7:43am
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It's all been said. Let's move on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 8:21am
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ban him, He annoys the crap out of me because of his alternative, The real Whitianga report. His post offer nothing but weather reports and the sad little man talking to people at the wharf about their day fishing, and he thinks that's a report.

He has hijacked a perfectly good Whitianga thread. The guys who post on it offered advice, where the fish are biting, baits used, what depth, time of day etc, 
I'm annoyed enough that just maybe I will pm the Whiti guys with my fishing reports.

Should f/finders be banned, hell yes, and while we are at lets ban all modern technology.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 8:39am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hehhe good to have a chuckle with the morning coffee , it's a bit like fishing really the bait gets put on the hook and thrown out and then some sucker comes along and takes a bite .

The mention of j s f made me laugh too I still think his last post ever was possibly the best I have ever seen and I'm sure even the intended recipient had to be impressed at the lengths he went too to make it.

To be brutally honest Capt. Pug washes posts are probably more entertaining than most and don't get personally vindictive or threatening like a certain coloured vegetable that used to pm all sorts of crazy stuff.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 9:00am
Titanium
Titanium

Tru dat Angler.
I didn't notice there was a Smudge him or me,sorry...., like grunta, x100 for smudge naturally.
The answer Pugsy to your serious question is , .... NO. Definitely not. Fishfinders should NOT be banned in any circumstances, as they form far too valuable a service in boat safety, are the only way to efficiently fish for many species, and, like guns, in themselves do nothing to actually catch fish. As in, Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
As I have pointed out several times now, where there is a system in place to limit catch rates there is no point in banning electronics.
So no, the answer is unequivocally NO.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 9:04am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by worksux worksux wrote:

Ban him, He annoys the crap out of me because of his alternative, The real Whitianga report....
Quickly relax Dave,
The real Whitianga fishing report is here and that other thread has been appropriately renamed. All is well in the world and it's a lovely day.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 9:25am
Titanium
Titanium

Aahhh ha hahaaaar! Lol, love it.
Weren't me Pugsy. I never dun nuffin! Lol
Fully approve however.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cpt.Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 10:06am
Cpt.Pugwash View Drop Down

Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

Originally posted by worksux worksux wrote:

Ban him, He annoys the crap out of me because of his alternative, The real Whitianga report....
Quickly relax Dave,
The real Whitianga fishing report is here and that other thread has been appropriately renamed. All is well in the world and it's a lovely day.....

Jesus Grunta you're lazy....if you look at the two threads - The Real Whitianga Fishing report and Pukefisher's you'll DISCOVER THAT MINE WAS POSTED FIRST on the - 30th of December and the other Whitianga report was posted on 2nd January........how does it go again - December, January, February etc 
Page  <1 23456 7>