Sounders?

Page  <1 567
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robbosaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 7:14pm
robbosaur View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

See there ya go again - splitting hairs.
Ya losing me already, Pug
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 7:16pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Its so rare to find a quarter wit masquerading as a half wit. but Hogwash you have achieved what so many have aspired to.

Up there with the likes of the greats like

Hellfish and JimiJig

Take a bow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 7:18pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Back to topic, good.
Still a daft idea, but let's address the question shall we.
No, there should be no changes, controls or anything similar put on marine electronics such as fishfinders.
Motors are governed to stop them over revving and blowing up. I do not think that is likely an issue with a sounder.
Do you mean rather that sounders be set at 300w rms or something tiny like that so they don't see fish in water over 50m? Well that's going to be hopeless for jiggers and puka fishermen.
And I promise you, simrad furuno and co are not going to stop pushing the bounds of the technology because wee NZ thinks they should! Lol
Limiting electronics to try to limit catches is a bass ackwards idea, you control fishing catches by limiting the catch, not the means to find them. And can you imagine the bureaucracy needed to monitor, restrict and limit people's fishfinders? Yikes!
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:36pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Moocha Moocha wrote:

Its so rare to find a quarter wit masquerading as a half wit. but Hogwash you have achieved what so many have aspired to.

Up there with the likes of the greats like

Hellfish and JimiJig

Take a bow

Legends,  both of them. LOLLOLLOL
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:39pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes . Its great to have a good laugh ,laugh at our selves ,a touch of the absurd every now and then,mixed with some serious soul searching questions.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:00pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well if you engage in the conversation!?

Owners of the forum need views to sell advertising, controversy is a winner there, re views.
The business model of this forum has progressed.

We need the Winstons in life but not the Sue Bradfords.

And as the forum, seems unwilling to place the posts in the fisheries management. And there are many forum members willing to engage. You reap your own rewards.

Currently I concur with those who, are annoyed and frustrated, but with those who respect a need for discussion around topics that many see important and engaging.

So I suggest Grant.... And co... Find an opportunity, a forum or a way to put this in an area that is not in the briny bar, from what I understand it has historically represented.

Because this is a great fishing discussion and learning and experience sharing platform.
I submit to finding a solution for pug to air and for those to engage. Just seperate from this area of the forum.

Grant this is yours to address.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Harmul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:09am
Harmul View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

We need the Winstons in life but not the Sue Bradfords.

Don't get me started on Sue Bradford..........
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MayorOf1hunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:18am
MayorOf1hunga View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Winston for Primeminister !!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 9:06am
Titanium
Titanium

Oooooh, God, NO!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 9:47am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MayorOf1hunga MayorOf1hunga wrote:

Winston for Primeminister !!
No PLEASE not politics especially Winston - can we keep on topic about banning fish finders? - a lot safer and less controversial Wink
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 9:51am
Titanium
Titanium

Just wondering, perhaps I should just move this stain of a thread to the politics section entirely. Any seconders?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:02am
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Seconded.

I come here to talk fishing myself.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:03am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

lock it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:04am
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

just delete it.... these are getting ridiculously stupid. cant be bothered even coming to the briny bar any more with the amount of crap being posted
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:06am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Do Sue Bradford or Winston use fish finders.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:11am
Titanium
Titanium

Done...., excised from the briney bar, sent to the politics forum.
What we could use is a poppycock forum actually, where we can send all these sorts of threads.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:26am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

Do Sue Bradford or Winston use fish finders.
I hope not if so I may stop using mine!  If they do what brand do they use so I can avoid.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:53am
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

Done...., excised from the briney bar, sent to the politics forum.
What we could use is a poppycock forum actually, where we can send all these sorts of threads.
Good idea Capt A....Hows about making such silly threads visible only to the original poster?
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bigears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 2:36pm
bigears View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The clown Pugwash needs to get a life .......... Clown

Is NOW the time to consider slowing down the technological slaughtering/entrapment of fish
What a load of emotional Bull sh*t  Slaughtering ........... REALLY !

Rhymes with Banker can't quite remember but I think it starts with a W ..........  Wink

Page  <1 567