sea sickness

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kennykoala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sea sickness
    Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 7:57pm
kennykoala View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

g,day from down under Newlandsarm on the Gippsland lakes Victoria, my g/son and is girl friend bought a Chrissy present for a fishing trip for 5 of the family to go out of shore fishing which is great, but alas my self Kennykoala gets sea sick  pretty bad so my fellow fisho,s I need your advice on what I have to do so  not to spoil a great days fishingThumbs Up, I wish you all happy merry Christmas and a big new year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 8:48pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Put a pea or ear plug in opposite ear of your dominate arm. Eg if right handed put earplug in left ear and leave it in while out on briny. Works a treat with my young fella and missus.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kennykoala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 9:00pm
kennykoala View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Wink thankyou matey will give it a go and let you know,,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 9:39pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by puff puff wrote:

Put a pea or ear plug in opposite ear of your dominate arm. Eg if right handed put earplug in left ear and leave it in while out on briny. Works a treat with my young fella and missus.
Interesting never heard of that one - where did you hear about this puff?
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 9:24pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Avoid dairy on the day and for 2 days before the trip.......get a good nights sleep before hand.
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NumnuT_AUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 10:32pm
NumnuT_AUS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Gday KK,
You remember ET the league player for the sharks? He has his own seasick capsules, I have been using them for years, they are awesome, cincotta chemist in carringbah, they make up new batches a few times a week, they will deliver to you ( in a few days) $20 for 10 capsules, wish I had shares in them
Google ET Seasick

Craig
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 8:15am
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A mate of mine and his missus always got sick, and one of there young fellas. They told me about it as my young fella gets a bit queasy. It's all about your inner ear that makes you seasick, it fixed it for them and also my young fella. Ear plugs are the best as they stay in your ear. "And that's all I have to say bout that... "
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SEAFARER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 10:06pm
SEAFARER View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Best cure for sea sickness is to sit under a tree.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 10:15pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by SEAFARER SEAFARER wrote:

Best cure for sea sickness is to sit under a tree.

one of my favourites and sometimes people ask me if it really does work Big smile

There are some great concoctions that really do work. I'd steer clear of the homeopathic remedies and see a chemist, those guys make good stuff
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 9:03am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We have a guy who has got cronic sea sick for decades...even when flat.
Told him to
 1/ read the instructions on the sea sick tablet packet.. the day before.. usually they sat take the night before.. on the day is too late.
2/ Get into ginger, preferably starting the day or couple days before... be it crystallised , bundiburg ginger beer etc.
3/On the day take 2/ out for drinking, nibbling on.

He still gets sea sick if at anchor and choppy..sometimes if drifting and rough....but now just gets felling unwell, and when move the boat and a ginger beer perks up fine.. he does recon that his 'proneness' to sea sick (and air sick) is far more tolerant than 3 or 4 yrs ago....
Have done this with several others and they all recon makes a huge difference.
The most important is follow the instructions on the bloody packet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 9:15am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

seasickness keep them occupied,steer the vessel,most suffer by sitting inside,get them out in to fresh air,point out things of interest,well it worked for my 2,they do not suffer now.