Far North Caravan Pre Xmas Trip

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Far North Caravan Pre Xmas Trip
    Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 8:45pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Been  many years for me , longer for the wife and 14 old son never , to the cape that is.
So plan is to beat the rush and leave Coromandel @11th December , returning about 22nd .

Caravan is 25ft Jayco, fully certified self contained so gives us a few options. Going to have a couple kayaks on roof rack and maybe a couple bikes. 
Was going to hit the road and see where we end up , but thinking some sort of plan may be a good idea.
Location with easy Kayak access and relatively easy safe rock fishing prefered.

Not a major fishing trip , just enough for bit of a fix and feed now and then. Will have softbalt,light jig set and SWF set ups.

So guess the question is for any advise , can't beat local knowledge. Not after any secret spots or anything like that. 
Already been advised Matauri Bay , shipmate has section at Whatawhiwhi . Would like to do some flats fly fishing possibly. So that lends itself to Maunganui and Parangaranga harbours I guess. Heard a lot about spirits bay , can you get big van in there ok? Also the camp ground near the cape , stayed there many years ago , had a heavy night on tequila so can't remember much about thatEmbarrassed

Also any non fishing activities to entertain the family. Any arty fart stuff will keep the misses happy, she going to take portable easel and wack a painting or two out. Boy just happy to hang out with mum and dad . He is not a super keen fisho , not forcing that , but likes kayaking. 

I might even treat myself to bit of a charter trip or take family if I can sort something reasonable.

Any advise or contacts appreciated. 
Cheers