Upgrade?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade?
    Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 12:27pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thinking of pimping up the PF400 but what you reckon is it worth getting a Reload instead?

I have had a fair few guys say the 400 paddles better than a Reload and I have always been a happy camper in my 400. So before I spend $ any opinions....

and no not going anywhere near an OK, Stealth, etc its the 400 or a Reload. LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Limitless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 10:17am
Limitless View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

LOLDisclaimer - I'm biasedLOL

I really like both the Profish 400 and the Reload, but if it had to be one OR the other it would be the Reload:

1. I use the bait wells behind the seat of the Reload, and really miss them when paddling the PF400 and GT.

2. I've become addicted to the Reload Tackle Pod. I have one set up for deep water with the appropriate transducer and offshore comm's gear. I have another set up as a full size live bait tank when wanting to use big baits. I have a third set up as Twin Pod live bait tank with the seat end compartment as the tank, and the front compartment with the pump (drawing water from the transducer socket) and tackle. The fourth Tackle Pod is set up for fresh water fishing, and has side imaging sonar installed.

Stephen Tapp
Viking Kayaks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RSJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 11:19am
RSJ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I got the reload over the 400 so I could store more stuff in front hatch- spare paddle, divegear,ctug  or camp gear etc if I do and overnighter somewhere.
Rear baitwells are def handy some guys put bait berley pots drinks whatever in them.
Tacklepod is the biz ,   I sometimes sit in front of telly with the pod renaming my quick marks on the sounder- with the ducer unplugged of course.
I got the kidpod  for the kids to sit on when its family time,  I use this when surfing the kayak to.
Im glad I got the chill pod over the cover.  I wasn't sure at the time I was so used to a cover and fish stringer from my ultra.

Not sure if the rudder pedals  are optional at purchase?  I had a few guys ask why I had the sliding style and theirs were the toe tabs and were keen to change. I prefer sliding

< style="visibility: !imant; display: block !imant; width: 0px !imant; height: 0px !imant; border-style: none !imant;">

< style="visibility: !imant; display: block !imant; width: 0px !imant; height: 0px !imant; border-style: none !imant;">
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 9:08pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Livebait tank is already sorted on my 400 Limitless. Its sits behind me but have no troubles with it and it hand pump operated it does a great job and accounts for the odd Kingie. 

Tired of my gear getting wet in the well of the 400 though especially bumping through the Gulfs SW chop. I expect a tackle pod will be much drier? I got the first 400 too its got the bung in the well hence my yak needs surgery to fill a few holes to take the pod. 

I only use bait when gurnard fishing through winter. And even then have found fresh jack macks caught on the spot best.

Hard to sell its got mojo and always gets me home safe. But why do I want to change LOL 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 4:44pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I really enjoyed my time in my 400 then 440 but would not look back after a year in the reload. No such thing as the perfect yak as everyone likes different things but for me the reload ticks more boxes then anything else. Don't all Vikings come with built in mojo?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nylg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 6:00pm
nylg1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Go the reload Muppet.....

“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.”
― Wernher Von Braun
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 6:14pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Almost did on TM last night on a 2nd. Some aussie b'stard outbid me no offence MK.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 10:59am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I got a 400 tackle pod stuff it can't be arsed trading and the only complaint I got about the yak is a wet tackle well in choppy seas. Other than that its been perfect.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 4:07pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

She also gets a new rocket launcher rod holder for my R/H baitcaster and when I am sabiki fishing macks. And a new seat all and livie tank pump holders from Railblaza pimped out again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 4:58pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have had a few of the kayaks mentioned and happy to discuss openly.  The 400 was my favorite kayak until I got a reload. There are so many pluses over a 400 that it would take an age to discuss. 
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote speckledknob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 10:44pm
speckledknob View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I know its an old thread but a 400 size reload would have to be on the cards at some point, surely? 

reload too big and heavy - needs rudder
GT too short and fat
400 just right - but no reload pod...

I am assuming setting up molds for these things costs money and you want to maximize the sales you make from each mold - and I guess it would cut into reload and rudder sales as well and probably render the current 400 and to an extent the GT obsolete but for a nice simple kayak for those quick close missions (but also with the ability to go wide if need be) it would be perfect?

Just my opinion of course but I know that it is shared with others.