Rod blank availability - piggyback?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rod blank availability - piggyback?
    Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 12:40pm
Snedd View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hay guys am Finding it very hard to find stick bait blanks at a reasonable price here in nz and am thinking of bringing in a mxh blank from either mudhole or rodworks but shipping may be a killer so wondering whether any one else wants to piggy back on the order or me on yours to cut down on cost.
Matthew
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GSPOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 1:30pm
GSPOT View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just be careful you order a blank that is correct for the job.  The yanks use a lot of small stickbaits on Bass and other smaller fish.  Make sure the blank has the drag rating for NZ kingfish.  Kilwell or CTS are proven blanks that will not let you down. Like everything in life you get what you pay for. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 5:46pm
Snedd View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

yeah no worries Gspot the one i am after is from there blue water series and is their heavy duty model. In an ideal world I would love to build on a cts blank however for the amount of use it will get I just simply cant justify it, Spoke to someone at kilwell yesterday and they currently don't have any stickbait blanks in stock and would have to make one up especially and that will cost more than a cts blank Cry.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 5:57pm
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

what about these?

http://www.cdrods.co.nz/product/15458/cd-rods-terminator-blank

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 6:02pm
Snedd View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks mate Will give them a ring first thing tomorrow hopefully its the biz.
Feel free to post anything else 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 7:39pm
makka View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Out of interest, what mhx blank were you looking at? To the best of my knowledge there isn't really anything in their range that would really suit stickbaiting for kingis
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 7:45pm
Snedd View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

MHX Offshore Popping Rod Blank SW76XH-2

To the best of my Knowledge This is the best suited. correct me if im wrong though as this is my first stickbait setup.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 7:20am
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Stickbaits and poppers are very different. Popper rods have a much stiffer tip than a stickbait rod so will pull the baits out of the water, have less smooth action and may make the stickbait fall on its side more often
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jaypeegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 8:09am
jaypeegee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by rockz rockz wrote:

what about these?
http://www.cdrods.co.nz/product/15458/cd-rods-terminator-blank

What is the action like on this blank?
Would it be suitable for stick baiting?

I'm keen to see how this turns out...
"You don't have to be smart to laugh at a fart, but you have to be stupid not to."