drug-free

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: drug-free
    Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 2:14am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

MASS exodus from Florida . . .
Highway I-95 and I-75 will be jammed for the next
month or so with druggies and deadbeats heading
North out of Florida, because this is the first state
in the union to require drug testing to receive welfare.....

Hooray for Florida. In signing the new law, Republican
Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they
better make sure they are."

Applicants must pay for the drug test, but are
reimbursed if they test drug-free. Applicants who test
positive for illicit substances, won't be eligible for the
funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment.
Those who fail a second time will be banned from 
receiving funds for three years!

Naturally, a few people are crying this is
unconstitutional. How is this unconstitutional? 
It's a legal requirement that every person applying 
for a job has to pass drug tests in order to get the job, 
why not those who receive welfare?

Let's get welfare back to the ones who
need it, in Canada, Australia and New 
Zealand, not to those who won't get a job.
I AGREE !
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 7:55am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep.
I think the ppl (tax payer)who finance the welfare check have a right to know that money is going to where it is intended.. and it is the Government that is responsible to the tax payer for doing so.
Sure our welfare check is mininmal...but have another phase here... "child poverty"
how much of these checks go on drugs, booze and tobacco? and not a punnet of silver beet.
And how many.. even in NZ cant get certain jobs or keep a job.. say in a tyre bay.. because of employer testing?

And another stat.. now a yr or so old but still in ball park.
The number of unemployed under 21 yr olds is damn near equal to the number of ppl we import to milk cows , work on farms pick fruit and veggies
The approx welfare check is around $150
The approx tax paid by the imported labour is $150.

So we dont import off shore labour to 'pick our fruit/ milk our cows'  we employ them to pay our unemployed youth....many who live at home and perpetually stoned.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 10:12am
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Basically drug testing finds out whether you've smoked cannabis in the last 120 or so days that's not good enough. Yes its illegal but in this day and age we are well past reefer madness. You could go on a crack bender for a week and pass a drug test two days later that's the problem with work place (or unemployment) drug testing.

It targets cannabis users unfairly. Contrary to popular belief "stoners" can be functioning responsible members of society. What people do on their time is their business as long as its doesn't hurt anyone else what's the problem.
I don't know how you could be perpetually stoned while your on the benefit it aint free
 Leave the stereotypes and beni bashing in the past and think of the tax payers money enabling businesses to rape our seas and poison our lands. 
FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 11:55am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Basically drug testing finds out whether you've smoked cannabis in the last 120 or so days that's not good enough

I think u should update your information on drug testing, what it tests for levels etc.. even how testing is now done

It targets cannabis users unfairly. Contrary to popular belief "stoners" can be functioning responsible members of society.

There is no damn way I want or will work next to someone under the influnece, legally or illegally.. or hung over from the effects... The timber industry in resent history tightened up things because of this

What people do on their time is their business as long as its doesn't hurt anyone else what's the problem.
Yep totally agree.. and have to include my tax bill by being able to be employed , maintain that employment and feeding families, afford getting to job interviews  etc..

I don't know how you could be perpetually stoned while your on the benefit it aint free
And nor is tobacco free....
Sry Im employed and are not perpetually stoned  (drunk whatever) but do know a lot of young ppl who have not held a job because of drug abuse, lost jobs because of it and sit at home because of lack of money week , months , and in several occasions yrs, justifying thru stoner logic their actions.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 1:07pm
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

People dont just stop smoking, drinking and getting stoned because the Govt took away their welfare. They will just go and steal to fund. So now you've just created a criminal....just remember, there will always be a section of society that are useless and complete bludgers. If there wasnt, how would you know where you stood? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 4:55pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

anyway i was just thinking it will be interesting if these rules were implemented in NZ how many would run to Aussie,

when you think about it they have chosen and easy out to clear the streets of the worse type of hard offenders, as it is this group which raid your homes desperate for a fix,

let see what if any it makes a difference like will you be safer with this type of person removed...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 5:51pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

People dont just stop smoking, drinking and getting stoned because the Govt took away their welfare. They will just go and steal to fund. So now you've just created a criminal

Damn do u realise that most of NZ crime already is due to drug related issues, they already do that, any change to laws will not increase it... simply because the issue is already so damn huge anyway... was mentioned above by someone else that welfare ppl cant support their 'habit' and they already doing and have been for a very long time what u suggest they WILL do ?

Totally agree Lethal

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 6:37pm
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

[QUOTE=Steps

Damn do u realise that most of NZ crime already is due to drug related issues, they already do that, any change to laws will not increase it... simply because the issue is already so damn huge anyway... was mentioned above by someone else that welfare ppl cant support their 'habit' and they already doing and have been for a very long time what u suggest they WILL do ?

Totally agree Lethal

I agree Steps, most crime is drug related . However, the drug is ALCOHOL.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 9:01am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes most of drug related crime is alcohol, and a large proportion of drug related crime violence/ nuisance etc... burgerly/ property/ armed robbery etc and related crime is illegal drugs....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 9:56am
Platinum
Platinum

Your sentence doesn't make sense Steps - are you high? Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 10:13am
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Steps current drug testing only determines whether the person has smoked cannabis recently or not, it doesn't ascertain whether the person is under the influence at the time.

Operating heavy machinery saws etc is not a good idea if your stoned lets just clear that up but until they test for that and not if you have smoked in the last couple months drug testing is crap. Smoking the day before doesn't effect your performance there is no hangover.
What even is "stoner logic"??
By taking away peoples benefits crime will increase, poverty and petty crime are directly related. Taking peoples benefits away will not decrease unemployment maybe the stats but not actual unemployment. Beni Bashing does nothing for anyone except carry on the culture of thinking that beneficiaries are the bane of our society.Help people get back on their feet.

FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 12:15pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No way am I anti Drugs - personal choice. Drugs have been part of, dear I say, every culture for the past 70,000 and only been illegal for 60 of those years - in some cultures.

But I'm with Lethal if you want my money to support your lifestyle it comes with rules , one is you don't set up your lifestyle to continue taking my tax money you need to focus on getting in a position where you contribute too. That's called community.

Im off to by some Buai (bettlenut) and have a chew - Its a legalised drug in PNG.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 12:51pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dont do the betelnut man, it corrodes your teeth!
Eric, they wouldnt run to Aussie, as kiwis cant get benefits inaussie anyhow, they'd still be off the benefit, just somewhere hotter, and full of real poisonous critters lol
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 3:27pm
Platinum
Platinum

All I will say is, the economy, the welfare state, sharemarkets, corporations, wages, PAYE, MMP, derivatives, interest, kiwisaver......its all just a recent invention. We are a strange society at this moment in time. Dont begrudge your fellow man for his choices, have some understanding, some people are dickheads, realise that and avoid them, avoid becoming one of them. Relax and listen to the music....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 5:05pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

No way am I anti Drugs - personal choice. Drugs have been part of, dear I say, every culture for the past 70,000 and only been illegal for 60 of those years - in some cultures.

But I'm with Lethal if you want my money to support your lifestyle it comes with rules , one is you don't set up your lifestyle to continue taking my tax money you need to focus on getting in a position where you contribute too. That's called community.

Im off to by some Buai (bettlenut) and have a chew - Its a legalised drug in PNG.

That maybe so. However way back then it was only used on ceremonial occasions or when going into battle. It was never used just for sitting at home and hanging out with your mates. It was the introduction of capitalism that brought drugs to the forefront of trade and made them available to the general public. Which in turn allowed people to make them stronger and synthetically as demand increased.
Legasea Legend Member