We Should Be Scared Of Capitalism

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Should Be Scared Of Capitalism
    Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 2:47pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

We Should Be Scared Of Capitalism – Not Robots, Says Stephen Hawking.

Read More: http://www.trueactivist.com/we-should-be-scared-of-capitalism-not-robots-says-stephen-hawking/?utm_source=af&utm_medium=ta&utm_campaign=af

By the year 2020, you will likely be ferried around by a self-driving vehicle and receive your morning breakfast from a trained robot at a fast food establishment. It sounds ridiculous to imagine day-to-day tasks being carried out by drones and trained machines, but – according to many brilliant minds – it is likely to be an inevitable reality.

The question is, then, “How will machine-produced wealth affect our planet and the individuals who inhabit it”? Some are concerned that trained machines will bring about an “economic robot apocalypse,” but physicist Stephen Hawking believes greedy humans are far more dangerous than robots at present.

In a Reddit Ask Me Anything session on Thursday, Hawking predicted that economic inequality will skyrocket as more jobs become automated and the rich owners of machines refuse to share their fast-proliferating wealth.

He wrote that if machine-produced wealth is not shared, technology will drive “ever-increasing inequality.” 

“If machines produce everything we need, the outcome will depend on how things are distributed. Everyone can enjoy a life of luxurious leisure if the machine-produced wealth is shared, or most people can end up miserably poor if the machine-owners successfully lobby against wealth redistribution. So far, the trend seems to be toward the second option, with technology driving ever-increasing inequality,” shared Hawking.

The Huffington Post shares that the owners of the machines, then, will become the bourgeoisie of  new era, in which the corporations employ robots instead of humans.

The great divide between the super-rich and the rest of the 99% continues to grow. French economist Thomas Piketty shares that capital – such as stocks or property – accumulates value at a much faster pace than the actual economy grows. Because of this, the wealth of the rich multiplies faster than wages increase, and the working class can never even catch up.

If Mr. Hawking is right – and greedy humans are more dangerous than man-made machines, the problem won’t be about catching up. It will “be a struggle to even inch past the starting line.” 

What are your thoughts on this news?

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 3:05pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

my thoughts,
its what ive been saying all along the rich get richer the poor get poorer,
there is a point when the line becomes blurred,
when half the country is on a benefit the rich will have to pay twice as much TAX,
money is everything to these people but when only half the country can buy anything other than food the buck will stop feeding the rich, then what????

or the poor will rise up and help them selves, its bad enough now that kids even from Varsity are finding it hard to get jobs and even then most have huge loans to pay off before they can even have thoughts of buy a home,

its bad enough that the governments are driven by the rich anyone with money has a say which is listened to and acted on, all poor persons are listened to but nothing is done, unless they turn up in the thousands, even then if its not ok with the rich,
 it will be lied about, pushed to one side, excuses made, put off hope it all blows over or sweeped it under the carpet, 

the world is all about making bloody money.... 

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 3:47pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

An alternative paradigm. Capitalism is a failed system. Good for some, **** for most, and horrendous for the planet. Most boat owners would not understand the reality that faces most out there. TVP
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 4:16pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by fish i fish i wrote:

An alternative paradigm. Capitalism is a failed system. Good for some, **** for most, and horrendous for the planet. Most boat owners would not understand the reality that faces most out there. TVP

Does the same apply to computer users
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 5:06pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 9:32pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Most boat owners would not understand the reality that faces most out there. Would that apply to most computer owners?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street