"Kings of their domain" - *Video Clip*

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Kings of their domain" - *Video Clip*
    Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 3:26pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some back country action from deep into no-mans-land on Saturday with Peter de Boer from this forum, thanks for a great day mate! I'd like to say I got the biggest.. but... next time!

https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 5:01pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wicked lookin water, those fish will be mint once they regain a bit of condition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fergie82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 7:23pm
fergie82 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice work Andrew and Peter, beautiful crystal clear water and great fishing, doesn't get much better! That last shot is stunning! You'll need to give up the day job soon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 8:07pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dead right Matt, they should pack it on, a few of these should get quite big if the Cicada's ever eventuate this summer.

Thanks Fergie, came together ok, Peter was a bit of a natural at filming, which always a hard task for someone who hasn't done it before, trying to hold steady, zoom, pan around, right angles, focus etc. Getting quicker at editing anyway, this was under 4 hours total. Andrew
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote peterdb1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 9:22pm
peterdb1971 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Aye, might have been the biggest of the day but by the looks of the video, it was one of the unluckiest......I know you have slowed the video down but even then I was sleeping on the strike Tongue Blame it on the fact that it was about the 20th cast to try and get the flies close! Top day!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 9:45pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I would have walked off long before, perseverance paid off alright - I actually called it for a "wafter"  Those impossible backwards facing fish that sit on eye-current sand 8 feet down, must bring some water-wings along next trip for you Peter!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mytime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 10:06pm
mytime View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

That video was freekin awesome Andrew we are very lucky to have a world class fishery on our doorstep. It just shows that you don't have to drive for hours to catch Trophy Trout i cant wait to get out there myself when this bloody wind stops.
Cheers

Leon
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Norseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 6:44am
Norseman View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great little show you assembled there and the fish were mucho grande!!! 
"Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength." St. Francis de Sales
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 9:49pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No problem fellas, glad you enjoyed it! Just found some more footage I forgot to add in.

"lucky to have a world class fishery on our doorstep" that is very true, however I had an Australian angler tell me the other day that "Wellington is not a "known" fly fishing region and not worth the bother, and the South Island is where you want to go"... Oh well, I'm happy with that! Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 4:35am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by flyfisher flyfisher wrote:

No problem fellas, glad you enjoyed it! Just found some more footage I forgot to add in.

"lucky to have a world class fishery on our doorstep" that is very true, however I had an Australian angler tell me the other day that "Wellington is not a "known" fly fishing region and not worth the bother, and the South Island is where you want to go"... Oh well, I'm happy with that! Wink

That is why they mostly wear thongs ( jandals ) over there Andrew as apparently it takes an IQ of 1 1/2 to tie shoelaces !

Have you noticed they also usually go about in groups of three, because as a general rule you will find one can read, another can write & the third simply enjoys the company of intellectuals !
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 7:38am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Made my morning Bazza, very funny!!!!