Zman storage

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zman storage
    Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 6:16pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just a quick question, been using Zman for a while and all good. But getting a bit sick of the bags, so I was looking to put them in a plastic tackle tray with dividers. I was just concerned the Zmans might react with the plastic and go bad. Expensive mistake if it gos wrong. Cheets
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote duncb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 6:22pm
duncb View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Look for tackle trays that are labelled worm proof and you should be fine. Sofr baits or worms as American bass fisherman call them can react with some plastics.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote :Hunter: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 7:01pm
:Hunter: View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have all my zmans in a clip container together, no issues or colour transfer. Tried putting some power baits in though and they just dried up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gareth15765 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 7:44pm
Gareth15765 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I use one of those shimano clear boxes and no problem so far been a couple of years still all good
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CBF-Whk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 10:15am
CBF-Whk View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

[UOTE=:Hunter:] I have all my zmans in a clip container together, no issues or colour transfer. Tried putting some
power baits in though and they just dried up[/QUOT

I keep the baits i am using at present in a click clack all together. Makes changing fast till u find the flavor of the day
Cbf
Whk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 357MAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 6:07pm
357MAG View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Store mine in old gulp tubes , they seem to work fine.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:17pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have had ZMan softies leach colours onto each other so I got a Meiho tackle box and seperated them.

http://www.gofish.co.nz/fishing-tackle/tackle-storage/hard-tackle-boxes/meiho-vw-2020nd.html

Really good waterproof too.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote toasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:28pm
toasta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

I have had ZMan softies leach colours onto each other so I got a Meiho tackle box and seperated them.

http://www.gofish.co.nz/fishing-tackle/tackle-storage/hard-tackle-boxes/meiho-vw-2020nd.html

Really good waterproof too.

nice tip, might have to go find me one Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:35pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks guys looking to use a plastic container of some sort but as Muppet said I was worried about the baits either sticking together, passing their colour onto each other or sticking to the plastic box.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:40pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Most colours seem fine together but the motor oil baits certainly taint the other colours. Will look into the containers muppet suggested, How many baits would they hold muppet my collection is getting up there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:41pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They don't stick together but they do definetly leach colours and I did not like it at $13 a pack or so. I got 5 flavours of 5 inch in one of those and couple each of paddletails and 3.75inch which I find is all I need. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:45pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just had another look at it you could get easy 8 x 5 inch flavours in there. They do come with a lot of dividers and slots to do pretty much what you want. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Juan night only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 9:36pm
Juan night only View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Had a couple of freshly opened packs ruined by someone adding some cheap random brand softies in to my packets at the end of the day. Didn't see them till a month later and 5 Zmans had turned into 1.

I make sure I tell people on the boat not to add anything to the packets.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 3:07pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi guys,
I had a similar experience after a day out when I had a couple of Z Man SwimmerZ mixed with a Savage Eel and a couple of US-sourced softies by Strike King (which look and feel very similar to the Z Man - they are also made with Ezatech - I think it's called).

When I was re-sorting gear for another trip, I realized the Z Mans had started to melt and deform, and lose colour. The Strike Kings melted a little, but didn't lose colour. The Savage Eels seemed to have stayed fine.

Good tip re the tackle box. I've previously had mine (a few taken out of packets for the day) in the smallest Sistema containers from the Warehouse, but hadn't previously mixed brands like that.

I had previously read not to mix Gulp with other brands, but didn't think it would have drastic consequences without Gulp involved.