Gamefishing Updates - New Plymouth - Kawhia 15/16

Topic Closed

Page  <1234 15>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 12:27pm
Tangi DnA View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

l hear one caught out off New Plymouth now. crew on board Blue Topaz, well done Peter Morrison (angler) and Stephen Morrison skipper.

Just weighed in at 103.2kg and first from NP for the season.  ClapClapClap

I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 12:34pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Three of us went out to 96m in our kayaks and one of my mates caught two albies. 
Water themp up to 18.5 degrees but no blue water in sight.    Moderate bird activity around bait balls.

Rainbow
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 12:54pm
Kinghitter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We trolled for 3 hours off NP last night. Albies in at 50m, some big suckers too. Didn't seem like a lot out further towards 90 meters. Our temp reading was saying 20deg (not sure how calibrated).  Unconfirmed fish broke surface not far behind saddleback on a big bait ball.

Bait still patchy and sporadic hits on the tuna lures
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 6:54pm
alstoy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The Kayak forum is elsewhere, well done to the old Butcher.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 9:27pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Alstoy    Before you set yourself up as judge of who can post on this forum I invite you to come out with us for a 35km paddle (as we did on Monday) then you will quickly realise who puts more effort in catching game fish.    
Rainbow 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 9:53pm
matty View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Rainbow Rainbow wrote:

Alstoy    Before you set yourself up as judge of who can post on this forum I invite you to come out with us for a 35km paddle (as we did on Monday) then you will quickly realise who puts more effort in catching game fish.     
Rainbow 

Haha, yip! By paddle or power rainbow is getting out into the zone and updates are much appreciated!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 10:22pm
RH580ikanui View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Go the Rainbow.. More than keen to hear from anyone GAMEFISHING from a kayak. Extreme fishing.
"IKANUI" RH580 SUZUKI DF140
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 10:35pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by Tangi DnA Tangi DnA wrote:

....crew on board Blue Topaz, well done Peter Morrison (angler) and Stephen Morrison skipper...Just weighed in at 103.2kg and first from NP for the season.
Great work - could be the start of a big season - you guys will be stoked!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 11:07am
MandM View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

First Marlin of the season landed yesterday off New Plymouth by 1 lucky angler.
103.2kg.
Looks like they are on their way down the coast!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 4:44pm
vr4king View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by matty matty wrote:

Originally posted by Rainbow Rainbow wrote:

Alstoy    Before you set yourself up as judge of who can post on this forum I invite you to come out with us for a 35km paddle (as we did on Monday) then you will quickly realise who puts more effort in catching game fish.     
Rainbow 

Haha, yip! By paddle or power rainbow is getting out into the zone and updates are much appreciated!

And given there ages they are legends out there......I know I listen when they speak remember that these guys are chasing Tuna and guess why the stick faces are there?......I'm gonna stop now before I get really pissed off...Pull ya head in Alstoy
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 3:16pm
Elcondor View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

1st troll for the season off NP. Minimal bird life and none working. 7kg albacore @ 90m but that's all. Trolled round the knuckle and back without seeing any bait/tuna on the surface. Water temp 19.9 on my elite7.

Better than working tho......
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 9:35pm
tonga-tui View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Out on the briny off tongaporutu today bottom fishing mate got some video footage of an est 80kg marlin free jumping in 25m of water 21° water temp.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 7:10am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by tonga-tui tonga-tui wrote:

Out on the briny off tongaporutu today bottom fishing mate got some video footage of an est 80kg marlin free jumping in 25m of water 21° water temp.
Hi Sam was also out yesterday Snap fish'n in 20m off Awakino radio busy in arvo with sightings of free jumpers. Going to be a good game season in the Naki!Wink 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 9:36am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Out with three other yak fishers yesterday.    What a change.    Water temp up to 20.6 and deep blue almost to the islands.    We all scored well on albies ranging from babies up to 10kg models.    Plenty of sauries and rat kings around.    Best albie and bait around the 50m zone and that is where I saw a stripy free jumping just ahead of my kayak at 53m.     Hard paddle back against the wind and confused waves from beyond the tank farm.    Slept well last night.    

Rainbow
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 4:46pm
anarchy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hey anyone got a copy of the rules for the kawhia one base that they could send through to me? spoke to Sheryl the organiser but she is away for a week.
thinking of heading over that way for a mission.

cheers mike
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 5:48pm
sink View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Anarchy Anarchy wrote:

hey anyone got a copy of the rules for the kawhia one base that they could send through to me? spoke to Sheryl the organiser but she is away for a week.
thinking of heading over that way for a mission.

cheers mike
Give Crazy Horse a pm.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 8:28am
BuiltToFish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Tagged our second of the season in 79m off Kawhia on Friday. Drooped another in 90m the following day. Few fish around at the moment, good to see.
It's better to be lucky than good!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 8:49am
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Surtees6.1 Surtees6.1 wrote:

Tagged our second of the season in 79m off Kawhia on Friday. Drooped another in 90m the following day. Few fish around at the moment, good to see.

Whats the general area you were working there mate?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 5:55am
Crazy Horse View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Kawhia one base runs from 11th 12th 13th. Really well run comp now with a very good following.Normal rules as in any one base but he only change they should make is drop the shark section. Whats the point in chasing them. Should be done nz wide and I think some clubs have already dropped them out of there comps already.

Briefing 0n the Wed 10th. Good luck and hope to see you there. Out wide next three days. Cheers.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 8:13am
sink View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Crazy Horse Crazy Horse wrote:

Kawhia one base runs from 11th 12th 13th. Really well run comp now with a very good following.Normal rules as in any one base but he only change they should make is drop the shark section. Whats the point in chasing them. Should be done nz wide and I think some clubs have already dropped them out of there comps already.

Briefing 0n the Wed 10th. Good luck and hope to see you there. Out wide next three days. Cheers.
You are right there. Put the shark prizes into the tagged Marlin section. Maybe have 1st-10th for tag and release. Good venue for a comp, will definitely be there for the Quota Comp 1st week in March.
Page  <1234 15>