Rod building workshop

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishinmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rod building workshop
    Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 1:21pm
Fishinmad1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi All,
I am thinking about starting a rod building workshop. this will be for people who have not done it before,
and want to get into it. But first of all I need to know if anyone is interested, as this is a skill I don't mind teaching as long you are prepared to learn, so if you are keen just drop me a line.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote o Neill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 4:36pm
o Neill View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I would be keen to know where here you can get rod building supplies now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishinmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 4:56pm
Silver
Silver

It all depends on what sort of rod you want to make please elaborate 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote o Neill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:02pm
o Neill View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Beach rods. C or d sized threads and epoxy (but not high build).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishinmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:08pm
Silver
Silver

you could try R.A Conagan for threads they still have Gudebrod and Flex coat lite as far as I know what colors do you want as I have a supply of NCP threads
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:09pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good idea running classes for the beginner to the advanced rod builder, I would support this as others would...Thumbs Up

The products are available in NZ via the retailers/ wholesalers- if they dont have it they can get get, if not buy from the States ,
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote o Neill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:30pm
o Neill View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Postage from the States with the value of the dollar is now silly, used to go to Mudhole.
NCP in Black and various blue colours size C or better D. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishinmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 6:01pm
Silver
Silver

I will have a look in the morning and post a photo of colors I'm willing to part with
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote o Neill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 7:26pm
o Neill View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks for that.Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishinmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 7:56am
Silver
Silver

I use size A most of the time, gives stronger and neater wrap, more threads per cm, only use the heavy threads for overwraps, then size C is as heavy as I would go, but everybody to their own I figure 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishinmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 12:39pm
Silver
Silver

To O'neal or whoever else, this is the colors I'm willing to part with in the size C &D there maybe some other NCP's in size A in greens yellows and orange. These threads are all Gudebrod except the bulk spools which are Surfmaster 

NCP's the gold is Diawa color

The metalics

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishinmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 12:50pm
Silver
Silver

Like I was saying in the earlier post I mostly use size A thread, the 37kg pictured used all A thread with 
Holographic Mylar trim bands in gold

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Troutzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 5:06pm
Troutzilla View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yep Id be keen to learn!

It aint no use if it aint chartreuse!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishinmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 8:15am
Silver
Silver

Okay I will put you down, will send pm later with my contact details
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishinmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 8:20am
Silver
Silver

So only two, I thought there would be more than that, I will give untill the end of the weekend,
I see there has been plenty of views, what can hurt we all might learn something me included 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 8:30am
daveo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm keen but guessing your in auckland?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grasshoppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 9:01am
Grasshoppa View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Im keen too depending on location, where are you
Cheers!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishinmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 9:54am
Silver
Silver

I'm in Auckland, but if there is enough interest might look at roadshow, so ask around your mates anything is possable
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scapeuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 10:57am
Scapeuce View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I am keen too ...
Cheers,
Andres
"If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" Bob Lawless.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishinmad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 11:02am
Silver
Silver

All good you are into SWF I'm guessing, god on Ya, I have made all my own Kit and you get a great deal of satisfaction from catching a fish on a rod that you have rolled yourself.
Page  12>