Tairua

Page  <1 678910>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KikBac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 10:16pm
KikBac View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We were the black Ramco beside you Dave (Back in Black) We managed 5 x teras a snapper and a gurnard. Good to put a face to the name and boat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 10:37am
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Rob. We moved once more after you left and picked another couple and called it a day.
The guys I had with me only come once a year so I wanted to give it a decent shot.
Hopefully things will improve.
Same re putting faces to names.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 8:36pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Geez how was the weather!!!

Got in early on Sunday. Great day with a full bin of snapper, blue cod, and some nice trevs.

Today we shot out trying to find terakihi. Our fav sports has been less than productive this season so went to a mark Forum member Viscount gave me. Bingo.

Great weekend and great company.

[IMG][/IMG]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote viscount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:35am
viscount View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice work salty, did you get numbers there? We will be back at that house again this year from 28th till the 10th Jan, hope to catch up for a coldie if your around.
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job - Paul Schullery
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 6:48am
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sweet. I'll lock it in.

We got about 20 in 40min before the wind went from E to NE. Had a good feed by then so didn't try and get back on the mark.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 10:08pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

2 aims today. Get a feed and avoid the morning mayhem and other BS when trailers and motors malfunction at the ramp - mainly cos they haven't been in the water since this time last year.

In at 3 and out after the ide at 7.30 and a painless experience.

Good feed of Teras and Snaps, along with a few trevs for raw fish.

Uncles rigs accounted just about the lot.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 10:09pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

And cant seem to load a photo.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 10:10pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 10:18pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Nice bin DaveBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Distraction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 11:07pm
Distraction View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Great variety Salty69.
I wasn't quite as early, left just before 6am. It was starting to get busier, but very orderly. Managed to get enough for the table. I was surprised at being the only boat out at the northern pins off the Aldies most of the time we were there, although it wasn't very comfortable.
I have never seen so little water over the bar even at low tide. The smallest swells were breaking. If the bar is that built up then it doesn't bode well for easterlies.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 3:22am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

WinkNice Dave. Hows the reel you fixed  from parts of my oldie? Still going strong?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 7:58am
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Morning Geoff. It's a year this week since the reel exploded on us!! She's good as gold mate.

Hey Distraction. Believe me i wasnt up at 3am - I need all the beauty sleep I can get. It was an afternoon fish.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote viscount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 9:00pm
viscount View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice work salty, my mate sold the house so I’m not going to be over, hows the water looking.
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job - Paul Schullery
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 9:20pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey fella. That's a buggar re catching up - I put a few green bottles aside for the chin wag.

Water is nice. Blue hasn't come right in just yet, but improving. Didnt catch the temp on this trip but when I was out a few weeks back it was 20.4
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KikBac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:07am
KikBac View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A bit windy, to venture too far so anchored up at Watchman. One of the young fellas had a rubber 'johnny in his wallet so a live bait was deployed under the johnny. All good until a seagull attacked the johnny and burst it. Next time use one of the heavy duty ones
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:29am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Got to be aware of the sharp pecker, lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:20pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

At least the hole appeared in it after it was used.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 2:27pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Heading down to Tairua tonight or early hours of the morning, anyone down there able to advise how the fishing is for snapper and Kingfish? I will be in a 5.5m Ramco. Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 7:26pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wind, winter fishing and week old birthday cake off Pauanui. Gold!!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 12:00pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot out yesterday for a crack at a few teras.
Well that didnt work but we didnt come home empty handed.
If your thinking about fishing out of Pauanui, please note the ramp at Billy Point is out of action til Sept (so I'm told).

Pleasant Point ramp is ok but you wouldn't want to be using it within 2 hours of the low.

Page  <1 678910>