Cheapest 3rd party insurance?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eynon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheapest 3rd party insurance?
    Posted: 21 May 2015 at 1:45am
eynon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

looking for some cheap 3rd party car insurance, currently paying 200/yr with aa.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote miktaras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 9:22am
miktaras View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

From experience, get full bro, we were paying bout 200 hundy for 3rd, now paying 350 odd for full.  Involved with an accident, not our fault, when we had 3rd and the insurance wormed their way out of it.  Id never go 3rd again.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 10:05am
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looking for "cheapest" is definitely asking for trouble down the line. Everything is "cheapest" for a reason. This applies to fishing reels, boats, trailers ....... and insurance.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 12:28pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by miktaras miktaras wrote:

From experience, get full bro, we were paying bout 200 hundy for 3rd, now paying 350 odd for full.  Involved with an accident, not our fault, when we had 3rd and the insurance wormed their way out of it.  Id never go 3rd again.

Hi.
If it was not your fault then the other persons insurance should have coughed up.
We have third party fire & theft with AA and if I remember correctly they said they would cover my sons car up to 3k if the other person could not pay.
Have not had to try it yet. Fingers crossed.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eynon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 5:43pm
eynon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Contract Contract wrote:

Looking for "cheapest" is definitely asking for trouble down the line. Everything is "cheapest" for a reason. This applies to fishing reels, boats, trailers ....... and insurance.

out of the popular companies like aa, state etc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 7:00pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

have you tried Youi?

I've just changed to them from state and state tried to get me back, but wouldn't match Youi.

Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 9:37pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by mouthu mouthu wrote:

have you tried Youi?

I've just changed to them from state and state tried to get me back, but wouldn't match Youi.

Yeah Contacted Youi myself. They could do it cheaper. However did some research and found they do not have a good name in Aus. So gave them a swerve.
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" comes to mind.
There must be a reason they are cheaper almost every time.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote miktaras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 1:49pm
miktaras View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by v8-coupe v8-coupe wrote:

Originally posted by miktaras miktaras wrote:

Hi.
If it was not your fault then the other persons insurance should have coughed up.
We have third party fire & theft with AA and if I remember correctly they said they would cover my sons car up to 3k if the other person could not pay.
Have not had to try it yet. Fingers crossed.

Yo, the key word in there is SHOULD!  They wormed their way out of half the electronic damage caused by the crash.  That was STATE insurance.