Where do you shop for components and equipment

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Michael Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do you shop for components and equipment
    Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 9:46pm
Michael Jenkins View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just wondering where Kiwi builders shop for stuff to build saltwater rods and why you choose to spend there.

Cheers! Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 10:17pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I brought some goodies from mudhole, because all forums pointed to them being good it wasnt bad postage a fair whack though but made up by cheap prices,
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 10:18pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I was actually going to make a thread because I want to reguide my kilwell rocky 2 from chrome guides to something better. watching with interest
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 470NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 11:36pm
470NE View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

+1 for mudhole
also chat to Greg at gofish for a local option

I've bought stuff off acidrod, cabelas and some aussie sites as well, but  its usually cheaper to buy from the Us than from aussie... go figure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 12:12am
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

for components I have used the following company's,
Mudhole- great pricing but freight is a killer.
Acid - again good company and good advice.
Get-A-Bit - not to bad but again watch freight. Cheapest for Power wrappers
Bullard ( just closed new owner starting up soon) good threads and rod finish -Diamond 2
Rod Builders Supplies- pricing not bad
Anglers Workshop- limited on stock as new owners,
The guys in Aussie are help full but with the cost of freight is cheaper from the states..

Blanks - I buy from the States,UK and Germany-

We all have our preferred suppliers for products like anything just need to build a rep-or with the store you deal with- I find best to sit up late and ring them

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eynon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 12:21am
eynon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

got some of my stuff like epoxy and pac bay guides from ebay. eva thread reel seat from go fish. blank from men in black on the forum.

home made drier/wrapper using stepper motor from ebay and homemade arduino microcontroller board

all comes down to price for me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 7:57am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've never built a rod but I know that Greg at GoFish has a significant range of rod building gear & the experience to assist you.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 6:46pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by RockhoppnMad RockhoppnMad wrote:

I was actually going to make a thread because I want to reguide my kilwell rocky 2 from chrome guides to something better. watching with interest
Are you going to use spin guides mate? if so.............I reguided two of my rods with Fuji Alconites and can recommend those ....they are excellent.......they were my two pink panthers......they were the first rocky rods out of kilwell......both 20 years old now and in storage at present but in great nick.......changing  those guides out was the best thing i did but then i dont use overheads on them......baitrunners.Wink
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote vixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 5:09pm
vixen View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi there guys yes there is a shortage of rod components in New Zealand that's for sure , check out my facebook page I can do a rocky 2 full build all from alps components . price I am not to sure as yet, all depends what guys want on it ...
Vixen Custom Rods ......website coming soon ........
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 6:42pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Here is a link to Voodoo, they have taken over Bullard rod building material, I rate the Diamond 2 product pretty high,
http://voodoorods.com/
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain