Lost torpedo at Kariaotahi 09/01/2015

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote macrayfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost torpedo at Kariaotahi 09/01/2015
    Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 3:58pm
macrayfish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Bummer people...
The nylon cord that attaches the Shorething  to my Seahorse torpedo parted ways at the clip this morning just as I launched, allowing the unit to freely steam off into the wild blue yonder at full power and with the full charge of two 22ha batteries aboard.
I expect it probably ran out of juice at the 5 km mark or thereabouts. 

Lord knows where it will end up - could be as far north as the Kaipara when it eventually beaches, but if anyone finds it there is a substantial reward for it's return.
My name and contact details are etched on the top of the aluminium battery cover and the prop shroud.

Cheers guys.

P.S. If you own a Shorething I strongly recommend getting some decent cordage for it - maybe some strong bungy cord or at least something that's more wear resistant than the stuff it comes with. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 9:35pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hope you get it back. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 11:46am
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

mate thats a bummer forsure. The shorething system aint that old,so i doubt the cord broke due to old age/over use? Unless you used the same strop off the back of your torpedo,that would make more sense. They usually wash up by the lighthouse if you are lucky...hopefully you had your details on it,or even better inside it. A old boy told me awhile back one was found in papua new guinea,it had a name on it,and the guy looked for the owner and sent it back,it had been missing for 3yrs,unfortunately the owner had passed away before the unit was sent back.I reckon using that surething puts too much additional weight on the unit when the surf is a little big,which it has been over the last few days.I was at the gap fishing on friday and the surf had some rather large sets,compared to the forecast. Good luck and I hope someone honest finds it.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 5:44pm
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

This unit was found and returned to the owner so a good result.
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dedamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 6:00pm
dedamm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Please elaborate on where .... how and where it was found in relation to the point of lauch....Amen to the personS who returned it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Life's a "Beach"..........enjoy the ride!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 8:37pm
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yes he was very lucky. Believe it or not was found almost exactly where it was sent out the next day, which has me puzzled as I always thought they would drift north.
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 12:28pm
cabby View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

losted our KONTIKI) at ruapuke beach sunday the 1/3/2015  could possibly be in the ragtan area if found please could you contract karen or pania 0276306934 or 0211442807 or 078557729  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 12:34pm
cabby View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hi sori i dont no how to delect  we losted out kontiki to in ragtan yesterday 1/3/2015 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish and chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 8:40am
fish and chips View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

oh crap not good. thats why i like kite fishing a lot cheaper if you lose a kite