Who's been saltwater fly fishing? The Tropics

Page  <1 3233343536 39>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 10:20am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hahaha those triggers are classic. Totally uneducated. One of the best fly rod targets available imho. That poor GT @ 17 mins will be fkd.Confused
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 7:52pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

119 days to go LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 4:37am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Hope all deposits on flights etc are fully refundable

Sorry, but it's hard to be positive in these crazy times

There'll be dancing in the streets of Avarua when Kiwi tourists do return. Think there might be a few other fly fishers who get there first when it does...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:05am
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

We Fishermen must remain positive or in this case negative :) If you take the share market rise after the announcement of covid vaccine in the UK next week things are starting to look more positive. I,ve had a flight in credit since Jan that was changed 3 times. Air NZ are now doing the dirty so do be aware as I did have to pay extra to change this time as they have put the flights up and yes no refund but credits only.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 7:39am
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Tauranga flats will have to do for now mate mate, just say when.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 8:08am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I’m due in FNQ/Cape York in June and am dubious about making that at this stage Confused out govt appears to lack negotiating skills with the vaccine due “in 2021”. Doubtful as a relatively fit male that I’d be high on the priority list anyhow.

On the positive side a recent SI visit saw iconic waters with relatively low pressure compared to recent times. May spend my $ locally. 
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 12:16pm
Fraser Hocks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wished you had said you were coming down this way Snuffit.  Its been cracking fishing for sure.  on one day I had a 7 plus 2x9lb  and a 11.5lb fish.  Not to mention a few other smaller fish.  By far the most spectacular season iv ever had. 

I fished the Oreti the other day, on a magnificent day for it.  Bluebird day! You would have though all the beats would be taken, but me and my mate were the only car at any beat, and when we headed back home in the afternoon there wasn't a car at any of the Mataura beats between Nokamai and Fairlight.  Its unheard of really. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 3:23pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

I see the Cook Islands travel bubble is almost a reality. Bet there is going to be a bit of a rush. I wonder what the fishing will be like after such a reduction in fly fishing pressure? Hopefully it hasn't been netted to death. Not that I can go anytime soon
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 7:09pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm sure Will is going to be one of the first up there. I'll have to wait for some time before I get a second chance at a sight fished bone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 7:29pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Haha Just dreaming about that today. I,m booked 2 april its a punt at this stage for opening and getting out on the 2nd. cant wait to get it on with them bones.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 9:37pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Ooops Just saw the news... maybe not!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 9:37pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

LOl yeeeeeah.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:49am
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I feel so bad I might have jinxed it for you Will. It's like a rollercoaster mate! Cry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:43am
Fraser Hocks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yea what a bugger.  My wife was saying to me she was really keen on a beach holiday, so were thinking the Cook Islands if the bubble ever gets up.   

Might be swapping back to the original plan of either Waiheke or the Coromandel now.   Hell take me anywhere there are fish, and put a fly rod in my hand and I'm happy  Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Silvio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:22pm
Silvio View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We got a bubble with the Cooks, hurrraaayyy!
Just booked my ticket on the first flight to Raro and Aitutaki.
Fingers crossed and the first sight of a bonefish is just around the corner.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 6:17pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good luck Silvio keep some for me I won't be far behind. Bring it oooooon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:30pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Ha ha Hope you read the fine print Silvio. Any Covid outbreak at either end and flights stop. You could get stuck there Silvio I'm sure you're very worried about that
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:34pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Haha we all dream about that. Sentenced to a year in hell.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 1:43pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by FishMan FishMan wrote:

Ha ha Hope you read the fine print Silvio. Any Covid outbreak at either end and flights stop. You could get stuck there Silvio I'm sure you're very worried about that

I think there might be some of with fingers crossed for that to happen LOLLOLLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 1:45pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Oh man oh man I wish I could go! Not going to be my year for another trip but when I get the chance...I'll be sprinting across the ocean.

Make sure you take plenty of photos and footage, we will all be hanging out for the stories.
Page  <1 3233343536 39>