Who's been saltwater fly fishing? The Tropics

Page  <1 2829303132 39>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 6:21am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Mucking about with video upload. Had to convert to GIF so some quality lost. Will try other formats later...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mike.Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 8:55pm
Mike.Thomas View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very Nice!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mudfish marquand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 8:05am
Mudfish marquand View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Absolutely mesmerizing Craig. Please tell us more.
On the fly or not interested.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:37am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

From a difficult flat on Mahe in the Seychelles. My son Josh is working there. He is getting these guys wired. This was his fish. One of the biggest we caught. Josh caught twice as many as me (I got four over a few days). Mine always seemed to be smaller than Josh's. They were mainly juveniles ranging up to about two kilos. Lovely fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote neil c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:48am
neil c View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Stunning at any size Thumbs Up

Looks like a positive eat!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mudfish marquand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:25pm
Mudfish marquand View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Unreal. Thanks for that.
On the fly or not interested.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:51pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Originally posted by neil c neil c wrote:

How we got the eats was the interesting bit, but that's the subject of a future article
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote craignzcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 7:41pm
craignzcd View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

off to play in cxi tomorrow....hope to chase some more bones and have a good go at getting a trigger...and maybe a sail if we can raise them again......will try and post a few pics while over there...cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:15am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Good onya CD Have a great trip! Look forward to seeing some pics of big fish!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:54am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

21.50 FJ822 Nadi - Cassidy, CXI. A great flight that one if you can grab some shut eye.

Have fun Craig. 
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote neil c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:52pm
neil c View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by FishMan FishMan wrote:

Originally posted by neil c neil c wrote:

How we got the eats was the interesting bit, but that's the subject of a future article

Looking forward to that Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote craignzcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 7:04pm
craignzcd View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

https://youtu.be/8h5mACCxHC0

a bit of bonefishing from cxi....first time trying the gopro
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 5:43pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thumbs Up
Nice Flat, nice fish
By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 6:05pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Great looking flat! Awful sounding wind! But wind doesn't look too bad.
Warmth and a sunny bonefish flat would be real nice right now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:36pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by FishMan FishMan wrote:

Great looking flat! Awful sounding wind! But wind doesn't look too bad.
Warmth and a sunny bonefish flat would be real nice right now

Tell me abouit it I,m sure I see bones tailing on that north western motorway when i drive by at high tide but can never stop to tell for sure. only 30 days till the real thing dreaming of good weather up there as been very average last few months ince Johan and I where up there last.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 5:37am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

I agree completely Will. After a good early winter here in the BOI's the fishing has become very quiet. Two weeks ago there was a good run of big kahawai, but even that seems to have fizzled. There's not a lot you can do about cold water and unresponsive fish. Dreaming of the tropics again... and that August through to November period. It really is the best up there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 7:43am
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We went to Rotorua for a week, Auckland felt like the tropics when we came back LOLLOLLOL.  I'd be happy on the windiest flat right now...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:44am
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

What an epic trip. I spent the first 4 days pounding the flats with northerly winds and no return. I had one hook up but my leader broke as was restricted to the very south flats out the back of one foot and they get very corally.
On day 5 at 8am like a miracle the wind changed and for the first time in 18 trips i got mirror like conditions in between one foot and the sand bar and was the only person out there just me and the tailing bones.
Over the next 2 days i landed 5 bones and lost four more (2 of these where my dream monster bones 1 untied the hook on me, user error and one bird nested my reel it took of so quick user error again as i should have had my drag set tighter. You need to bring your A game to get those big bones and no mistake for errors)and snagged a decent trevally.
Currently sitting at Raro planning my next trip.
Another highlight was watching 2 monster gts chasing bones on the back flats. Those things are like missiles when they get going
I am addicted to that lagoon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:19am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Wonderful That looks like perfect weather! Great to see those big bones on the chew. Dealing with a northerly wind in winter in Aitutaki must have been a bit odd to start with. Looks like you lucked out in the end though. Good stuff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 7:31pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome, wish I was there!!!
Page  <1 2829303132 39>