Whitianga

Page  <12345 17>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote toasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 7:36pm
toasta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That 22lber would have been a pig of a fish! Thanks pukefisher.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 6:22pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by PukeFisher PukeFisher wrote:

killshot sorry about shadow

Nicely done Matt. Any sign of roe in those fish.

I went out with my bro law and  neighbor in his 6.3m HT marco, These guys think its a big trip if they venture past Devils point. Anyways we got no further than the twins.  They fished baits on the drift and I just used a zman, 2 snaps and a carrot to me, zilch to them, 2 snap on the way home on the longline. Pretty envious watching all the boats cruise past heading to the Mercs while the weather was as mint as it was.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PukeFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 6:44am
PukeFisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Lol I know that feeling ,no roe in either of the fish I saw black magic charters all the way out past never fail doing the Miles
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 9:22am
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Launched at Kuaotunu yesterday. Drifted around on the sand with softies, eventually found a few scattered around in 29m. Went through a range of softies and jigs before finding the flavour was good old nuclear chicken.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PukeFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 8:15pm
Gold
Gold

good haul there had a mate try around the black rocks yesterdqy and struggled to pull any fish heard the kingfish are in reasonable numbers at the moment
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 10:35pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice catching Dave
.looks almost identical to our catch in the firth yesterday
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grimski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 12:00pm
Grimski View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Im going to be in whitianga around new years for a few days. Taking over a 13 footer. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a few spots in the harbour or out cooks beach way? Only ever fished the area once before. Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tinny fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 8:21pm
Tinny fisho View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Harbour and cooks beach area can be hard fishing at the best of times, the river can be productive just across from ramp. if weather is good head out off the back of centre island - but be careful as it borders a reserve, check your charts. Drifting out in the foufou in front of double bay can be productive too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Structfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 8:55pm
Structfab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

the back of the Merc's was LOADED with surface feeding Kahawai yesterday.Huge schools, all over the place. Looked like the odd patch were getting spooked by kings, but I couldn't entice them with stickbaits, or atleast got sick of hooking Kahawai over & over again. Couple of Rats on jigs. Pulled the pin for an easy & rewarding cray dive instead. Took one Kahawai home for the girl as cray's are a  bit rich for her young pallet.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grimski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:56pm
Grimski View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers tinny fisho. That gives me a few places to start. Hopefully will get amongst a few..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 10:18pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good spot in a 13footer is 3 mile reef behind centre island, Heaps of burley at dusk can produce some nice feeds.

Structfab,  Good news with all the KY, We had them all over us a couple weeks back but they were not interested in anything we threw at them.
You live Kuaotunu?.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Structfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 10:23pm
Structfab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by worksux worksux wrote:

Structfab,  Good news with all the KY, We had them all over us a couple weeks back but they were not interested in anything we threw at them.
You live Kuaotunu?.

yep
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PukeFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 10:56pm
Gold
Gold

if weather blowing as usually is around xmas id try here first but have to line up the high tide to coincide with change of light and fish 2 hours before high up till high , running rig free flow squid normally do the trick can catch trevally kahawai and snapper on average pan size have done alright out of the 10 foot inflatable few times around xmas
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grimski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 6:53pm
Grimski View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers for all the great info guys. Will hopefully have some good reports to post in a few weeks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cpt.Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 7:06pm
Cpt.Pugwash View Drop Down

Good news Grimski and that is that you'll be able to buy your fresh fish next door to the Whiti wharf around Xmas.......because the snapper fishing is ****e 'specially within the range of a 13'.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 7:10pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Your full of Christmas cheer Pug LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 7:38pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Full of something LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hunt&gather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 7:39pm
hunt&gather View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Change of light usually the go that time of year. So many boats hooning around following each other. During the day is hard but early morning before the boat traffic is good. I head up there mid Jan onwards now once the riff raff have headed home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 8:14pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Downtown Downtown wrote:

Full of something LOL

I reckon. LOL I do wonder if I should pop down and catch him a fish. Could meet ya DT make a morning of it go for Kingie or two.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 9:25pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

First time out in Mercury bay this morning, tried a couple of spots mentioned above for a while lot of nothing so decided to follow my own nose. Ended up out from matapaua bay having a ball with the kingies. TLDs screaming, no biggies but good fun! Nice change from the Hauraki snapper!
Inner City Slayers.
Page  <12345 17>