Whitianga

Page  <1234 17>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PukeFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 7:53pm
PukeFisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bloody hell some top fish there dave !! Well done how big that top one go looks close to the magic mark! Awesome work nice to some good fishing coming in from this area !!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 8:13pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

They didn't get to the 20 Matt, maybe if they were in better nick they could have.  We got busted off twice with better fish and lost both kabura that was the flavour on the day. Been fishing that same spot for a couple months now for good results, not sure whats holding them there other than some fish had those fat hairy worms in them.
 I put one on a soft bait jig head after the snap had pooed it up and nailed a very reasonable snap with it. 
pm me and i'll send the marks.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 7:35pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Crikey Dave..stonking fish ! Great work man.
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 6:17pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Weather was pretty mint up Whiti Saturday, Sea flat as,  was pissed  when my neighbours boys and my son  loaded the boat and headed off for a free dive for scollies. I had a shoulder op so it's keeping me from fishing for awhile, so I drove  over to Otama to sit on the beach and sulk, Man that's a beautiful place, white sand and clear water, had a pod of Dolphins doing somersaults just of the beach, just awesome.  Compulsory  gigantic Kuaotunu ice creams on the way back to Simpsons.
The boys did well, limit of fat scollies, a few crays and a 5kg snap one of the boys speared in 1m water. They threw a few softies around but only small throw backs.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PukeFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 6:18pm
Gold
Gold

mint work well done on that result
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 6:24pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gotta be happy with that worksux. Snap ,Kai , crays and scollies,and just look at the beautiful seascape that produced them.
Didnt know there was a whitianga thread on here.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 11:05am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

One of the nicest spots on this planet.  Man that's a good feed on that lawn!
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 11:36am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hope that shoulder is coming right after the op DaveThumbs Up

nice haul on your boat too
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 10:53am
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice weather up here at whiti. Throw the boys over the side for a bin of fat scollies, then over for a search for bugs while we drifted across the sand for snapper. The bite wasn't fast but we managed a few. Good day and all within 15 min of the ramp.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 12:30pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That bin looks really good. Well done
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cpt.Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 1:02pm
Cpt.Pugwash View Drop Down

Hi Worksux,   what bait were you using for the drift?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PukeFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 6:18pm
Gold
Gold

Kaburas doing damage? Haven't fished whiti for ages roll on labour weekend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote duncb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 10:48pm
duncb View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just got home after an awesome day out with Tom from Epic Charters. Pretty quite till about midday then it went ballistic. Big schools of Kings started popping up on the surface smashing bait. End result 10 kingies with the biggest about 28 kilos. A few Albies with the Kingies as well. 4 of them incuding the biggest were on stickbaits. A fantastic day. Pics should be up on the Epic Facebook page shortly.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 5:53pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That 28kg is a very a good king duncb, well done.

I was using a Zman bleeding banana that caught the fish.
You could see the backing so probably 115m out behind the boat before the bites came.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cpt.Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 7:02pm
Cpt.Pugwash View Drop Down

Cheers Worksux
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fi-domain02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 9:40am
Fi-domain02 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey guys! Me and a few mates are heading to whitianga for our annual labour weekend fishing trip how's the fishing been there lately? We bring the cray pots mullet nets and scollop dredge as well if someone can give us some pointers doesn't have to be your spot X that would be great
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PukeFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 3:17pm
Gold
Gold

Fishing been very hard last couple days, managed to get to our spot x this morning by gt merc for a strayline only managed 2 fish 1 went 19lb and the other 8lb both fish caught by 8am than zilch
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote PukeFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 6:56pm
Gold
Gold

killshot sorry about shadow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote toasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 7:20pm
toasta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Awesome snaps pukefisher. Out of curiosity, what length was the big one? I got a 19lber last weekend and it measured 82/83cm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PukeFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 7:22pm
Gold
Gold

This snap was also about 81-82cm i thought it woulda hit over the mark being that length but not to be this time last year got a snapper from same spot wad just under 80 went 22lb so never can tell
Page  <1234 17>