Soft Plastics

Page  <1 63646566>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 7:37pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Could be the ink they print with or even the cardboard or plastic packaging.LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 7:41pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cool the SP's have got their own wee sub threadie thingie ma jig Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 8:23pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Here is a photo of the warning label. I took around 7 and that was the best I could get. A combination of a macro shoot, with low light and a shiney background.

Click here to see photo

WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm

I was wondering has anyone here tasted one of the berkly soft plastics... if so what do you think?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 8:38pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Capt. Asparagus hands them out on a plate for morning tea.
He looks like he's doin' ok so I'd say go for it if you're hungryLOL

( Iv'e seen that warning on packaging before & I think it often pertains to the packaging.)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 8:43pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It would harm only your chances of reproducing if she smelt your breath after you'd eat one. As for birth defects - too lateConfused.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 8:45pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

militaris  this is pretty much standard for anything out of california if you go into just about any autoparts shop and any product from california will have it written on(taking lesssons from uncle hellen on protecting people from themselves......i really like the taste of brake fluid) lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoshW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 8:55pm
JoshW View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Those Tsunami plastics have built in lead heads don't they? As far as I know lead is known to the state of clifornia to cause cancer, birth defects etc.

Like cosmo says just about anything does.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 9:49pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well until some one comes up with a decent substitute I'll keep on using lead sinkers and Jigheads  Wink.

In fact thinking about it I think my Rapala split ring pliers have that same warning on them...oh well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote strayline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 10:16pm
strayline View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

UNCLE,
Report on a wee trip to Coro this morning .
Left Tauranga 5am out from Te Kouma & over to THE SPOT... nothing but SP's to-day I say to my nonbeliever from Hamilton.
It was a fantastic day... fishing was hard but a dozen nice snapper and all the kahawai fun you could stand was the days result.
Some pretty good snaps up to 58cm...but mostly tough scrapping Coro
models.   A good time  & home cleaned up by 7pm to a nice cold YCATO !
Once again I have to say this Berkley 4kg Dropshot rod amazes me.. several of the Kahawai were of real sea going proportions  but the little Abu 3500 just hummed........ we probably landed 10-15 , kept three for the smoker out the back of the workshop.  So the boys will have a good smoko tomorrow or Thursday.
Saw a kingi flash under the boat chasing up a snap , water temp 14'
It will be the harbour on Sat/Sun ..... or Monday...tempted?
STRAYLINE
"a mooloo man in the BOP"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 10:25pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

You know me Strayline, I'm easily ledBig smile bring it on!
Sounds like you had a top day.
Me, I just tested the wee Dropshot  on big lumps of sea lettuce . The harbour is full of the stuff.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 10:26pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Back in the BOP? Getting closer to the Tron.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2006 at 10:27am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Everything from California comes with a cancer warning. Probably safer than buying products from Chernobyl though.
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Dish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2006 at 9:07pm
Fish Dish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

And you could get hit on the head with a lead sinker.

Should be a warning against casting them out on a rod.

If you ask me fishing is a bloody stupid thing to do.  Some fishermen and women have even been drowned.

Should be like cigarette packets, a warning on the soft plastic packets that fishing can be dangerous to your health.

Thank goodness I am bloody stupid, can't read any more, and am no longer able to follow a sensible train of thought.
One more Kingie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tin_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2006 at 9:30pm
Tin_man View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi

Im a newbie to SPs
Do you guys still use berley when using SPs?
what are your thought on this berley I have seen on trademe

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Dish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2006 at 8:43pm
Fish Dish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No dont use berley, it just brings all the littlies around and they chew the arms and legs off of your sp's.
One more Kingie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockhopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2006 at 9:18pm
Rockhopper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Finatic Finatic wrote:

Everything from California comes with a cancer warning. Probably safer than buying products from Chernobyl though.
Add a whole new dimension to your Nuclear Chicken Confused
Why does the answer to all government problems involve taking more of my money ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coro Fishing Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2006 at 5:15am
Coro Fishing Addict View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Howdy Wink
Been using Sp's from a kayak for the last month or so now.
Yep they do the damage out on the mussel farms here in Coromandel.
Have given up on bait.
Speaking of Nuclear Chickens a couple of weeks ago i was out fishing the farm early in the morning and met another kayaker from Auckland out there who was fishing with bait while i was using SP'S. We both were catching snapper except mine were on average bigger and i was having more fun doing soLOL.
So any way the following w/end he's back but this time after seeing how well i was doing using SP's, had fitted himself out with a "SP' setup. He was using a Jerk Shad Nuclear Chicken and had managed to hook up on a nice snap taken on the drop, which turned out to be 12lb's. He was stoked Clap another converted fisherman.
I have managed to catch 5 or so fish with the same SP before it is completley stuffed, has anyone else had the same results as this makes pretty good economic's.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2006 at 5:51am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Fish Dish Fish Dish wrote:

No dont use berley, it just brings all the littlies around and they chew the arms and legs off of your sp's.

Arms and legs? are you using those little plastic army men or something??  LOL

I still use burley when fishing with SP's. I only find the little fish nibble soft plastics when they are startionary or not being worked. I prefer to work them either in the wash or close to the weedline all the time, never left stationary so they dont seemed to get nibbled / chewed by the small stuff.

LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2006 at 5:54am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

yeah corospearfish addict - had some economical days on them and some not so.

Best days have when ive used them to catch livies and have caught all my days supply on just 1 plus a reasonable 4kg kelpy.

other times theyve just been hammered and at about 2$ a plastic it can be quite pricey!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shimma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2006 at 8:04pm
shimma View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As per my fishing report, the Gulp Jerk Shads worked well to attract the scarce kahawai up in the 'Mandel, well where we were, they seemed few and far between, and after the first 4 casts with my Dropshot rod on day 1, I caught a an average sized kahawai, using the 7" Nuclear Chook.  he was cut up for snapper baits.                                   The 5" Smelt, brownish and whitish colour, looked for real like a herring, in the water, and caught a few on that, as well.
Page  <1 63646566>