TPPA

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 7:45pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

compiled? the video, hmm yeah. However if you read the text, you can decide for yourself based on the facts. And they're talking from them, the facts. It's exactly what it sets out to achieve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 7:54pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The only time we will know exactly what is in the TTPA is when i it is printed on govt document and made public,we are all guessing at this stage. there has been a few reports out but no acurate confirmation. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 8:08pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

? O K ? It's all there. You can read it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 9:45pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

The only time we will know exactly what is in the TTPA is when i it is printed on govt document and made public,we are all guessing at this stage. there has been a few reports out but no acurate confirmation. 

The problem with that is you will not get the honest truth. The good will be spun so fast you will get giddy reading it. The bad will be understated and hidden amongst complicated indecipherable legal jargon.
Count on it.
No one knows exactly what is in it yet. However that has not stopped all the right wing commentators and sycophants trotting out articles in support of this corporate take over agreement and the Government who put ink to it.
I say corporate take over simply because if it was a genuine free trade agreement, there would be more than the five odd chapters on trade and less that the twenty odd chapters on corporate rights. Rights, not responsibilities.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 10:05am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

here we go, I expect this is the first of many similar articles we'll see as the true cost of the TPPA gradually becomes clear

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=11572838

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 11:18am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Copyright protection is being bumped from 50years to 70years.
Big deal.
Copyright holders get an extra 20yrs on their ideas/music etc. it is not increasing costs on anything, but is extending any potential costs on copyrighted material usage by another 20years.
So what.
And it is not evil overseas corporate bully boys and warlords getting to screw poor nzers, it also goes for kiwi copyright holders as well.
Inventors get to have their work protected a bit longer, although I suspect anything over 50yrs old is gunna be so outdated it will be limited in value anyhow.
I guess if you wanted to use Glen Miller tunes as backing for your vids, you may have to wait another decade or so.
I think in all it is not a bad thing at all, if anything, a good thing, to increase copyright protections. I am surprised actually anyone would want to spin this as a bad thing really.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 1:10pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

TPPA is not designed to benefit you because they really love you and want the best for you.
Its about resources ,exploitation ,world bank,IMF and big capital.
Its also about lower real wages ,foreign labour rates, and resulting inequality as part of achieving agenda.
Of course the real reasons will be well hidden. The nice bits will be emphasied This all began with the Lange -Douglas Govt and has been continuing step by step ever since
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 1:48pm
Titanium
Titanium

The alternative then being......?
Planned economies do not work.
Free trade does, and the freer it can be made, the better. I guess it depends on your view of the world,whether you think your government wants to increase the nations prosperity, or to suppress the population to increase their own personal power and or wealth.
I tend to think the former of our government and most Westminster style democracies.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote catch1t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 11:45am
catch1t View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The problem with that is you will not get the honest truth. The good will be spun so fast you will get giddy reading it. The bad will be understated and hidden amongst complicated indecipherable legal jargon.
Count on it.

Man, I'd hate to live in such a paranoid space..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 4:04pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by catch1t catch1t wrote:

Count on it.

It is not being paranoid at all. It is the modus operandi of all political party's world wide.
Even corporates are guilty of it in their marketing campaigns.
Remember Gattung who was the head of Telecom? She said it was good business to mislead and confuse the customer/public. Made it easier to make money and keep customers.
Her words. Not mine.
However. I value your input.
Take care and have a good day.

Cheers.

Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 12:19pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by catch1t catch1t wrote:

Count on it.

It has now been revealed JK and his Government have been using the Police to "door knock" people who oppose the TPPA. Which means the Police are letting themselves be used as a political tool. Dirty politics ring any bells?
Sounds more like intimidation and harassment to me.
Maybe I am just being "paranoid" again.
Now, where are my meds. Cool
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 2:43pm
Titanium
Titanium

I think it would be remiss of the police NOT to approach known activists, just to ask what plans there were for protests.
"Marching down queen street!" "Oh, how many people?" "Ten thousand!" "Shoot the ducks! Better close of the traffic at the end of the road then!"Sort of stuff.
Or...even more deviously and evilly...."have you heard if anyone is planning violence?" "Well, yeah, there is a bunch of anarchists we are a bit worried about making all sorts of threats, you better watch them, we want a peaceful protest!"

Yes, I can see the jackboots are marching!
Or, they may just be quietly ASKING if there is any need for them to be worried.

Now, if cops were raiding these houses at 2a.m., dragging people away to lock them up without charge, then yes, then that would be bad. But police asking politely of protest organisers just what they are hoping will happen? That is not Nazi police stare, that is just being sensible. It is no secret that the anti trade groups will be protesting, is it now?

Saw someone was complaining at the PM having armed body guards at a public meeting, how evil it was that key should oppress protesters by having thugs on hand. How Lala-land is that.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 3:08pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

I think it would be remiss of the police NOT to approach known activists, just to ask what plans there were for protests.
"Marching down queen street!" "Oh, how many people?" "Ten thousand!" "Shoot the ducks! Better close of the traffic at the end of the road then!"Sort of stuff.
Or...even more deviously and evilly...."have you heard if anyone is planning violence?" "Well, yeah, there is a bunch of anarchists we are a bit worried about making all sorts of threats, you better watch them, we want a peaceful protest!"

Yes, I can see the jackboots are marching!
Or, they may just be quietly ASKING if there is any need for them to be worried.

Now, if cops were raiding these houses at 2a.m., dragging people away to lock them up without charge, then yes, then that would be bad. But police asking politely of protest organisers just what they are hoping will happen? That is not Nazi police stare, that is just being sensible. It is no secret that the anti trade groups will be protesting, is it now?

Saw someone was complaining at the PM having armed body guards at a public meeting, how evil it was that key should oppress protesters by having thugs on hand. How Lala-land is that.

Have to disagree. The most successful protest marches are the unknown ones. They may urinate you off because you can not get to the marina quickly. However they raise awareness and most importantly of all, they get media coverage. That is why the protest Fishing.net members did was never covered. Simply because not many people cared enough to make a nuisance of themselves, so nobody in officialdom or the media gave them a second thought. Block the harbor bridge and bingo, attention and possibly results.
On one point I agree. If it could be proved that violence against people or assets was planned, then yes, move in.
They maybe be asking "nicely", however the obvious yet subtle threats/intimidation is there. "We are watching you". Bit like that plonker Nick Smith back handedly threatening the funding of DOC if they did not tow the line and tone down a report. Objective achieved.
Lastly. If you door knocked me politely asking where, when and how many people I had organized I would not tell you. Or, I would lie and send you to another part of town. What is the point of giving the authorities time to mitigate your protests or block you from the object of your protest.
Remember what they did to the peaceful and legal protestors during a visit by Chinese officials. Once again the police were used as a political tool. They were not "just" doing their jobs.
Bear in mind also, these are protests, not organized official marches.
Nah. Just call me paranoid.
Been married a while so it is probably true. Ouch
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 6:44pm
Titanium
Titanium

I guess it comes down to each persons point of view reall, or world view perhaps..
All I can say is...., careful, the gcsb may be watching! Sssshhhhhhhhh!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 1:05pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

I guess it comes down to each persons point of view reall, or world view perhaps..
All I can say is...., careful, the gcsb may be watching! Sssshhhhhhhhh!

Bomb, explosive, assassinate, blow up, hijack, behead, arson, AK47, sawn off shotgun, pipe bomb, parliament, John Key, deaths, mutilations, under size Snapper.
Ha ha ha. There ya go. Now we are both on the list. Knock knock. Wink
Legasea Legend Member
Page  <1 234