TPPA

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 9:55am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

PJC may not be, but I am, kinda. I think they are hypocrites. If they had a property or business to sell, and an off shore buyer would pay, say, 3mill for it, and the best a local buyer would pay is 2.5mill, then I bet you anything you like they will change their tune.
If as an aucklander, should you look to sell your house, will you be willing to drop 100k in a refusal to sell to an Asian....sorry, a foreign migrant, mustn't single out any ethnicities here eh, just to stand film in your anti-foreign buyers stance.
If you say yes you will, then ..... lets just say...."Tui". At that point I bet the hair splitting will begin to justify selling at the top price....they are migrating here, nice young couple, not some overseas investment company, or oh, it is a family run overseas investment company but they want to send their kids here, or, or...or......dammit just gimme the money, but no one else!
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 9:56am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cirrius.its the lucky country alright.they have a moan and just get on with it.unlike us kiwis keep in flogging a dead horse keep moaning how uts everyone's else's fault.been here 2 ir 3 other times and the Aussies just get on with it.perhaps us kiwis need to do the same.just make the best if what we gave.having said that no notciable anti social behavior graffiti etc or wearing bandanas,been up to our depot over here and totally different work ethics do the job or there's that gate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:01am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just had about ttpa on news regarding meat.worth a extra 2billion so farmers will be happy here.aussie.just been to coles brought a shoulder.leg of lamb $15, 1.8kg
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:07am
Titanium
Titanium

Every time I see cheap price meat or produce anywhere, I think "there's some farmer who just got screwed"
I mean, I still buy it, but with just a twinge of conscience.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 11:21am
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw7P0RGZQxQ&feature=player_embedded

This is a goody 
Corporate control....the ends is nigh
but really though take ten minutes to watch it.  
FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 11:35am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

Cirrius.its the lucky country alright.they have a moan and just get on with it.unlike us kiwis keep in flogging a dead horse keep moaning how uts everyone's else's fault.been here 2 ir 3 other times and the Aussies just get on with it.perhaps us kiwis need to do the same.just make the best if what we gave.having said that no notciable anti social behavior graffiti etc or wearing bandanas,been up to our depot over here and totally different work ethics do the job or there's that gate

You are right .It is the lucky country. They even smile over there. Quite remarkable really.
But remember their wages are much higher than here,so their leg of lamb is really cheaper than here.
But we must stop moaning. Quite correct. Just need to bury our heads a little deeper in the sand and keep very still.
Woopie. Just learned. No more tariffs on fish or seafood product exports. Let the plunder increase ,industry boom dollars come rolling in. Let us all be happy and look forward to the Day after tomorrow.
And no more whinging about our snapper. Why hadnt i seen it before. Life is so easy without whinging. Who needs it. And time had shown --While recreational talk snapper walk.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 11:50am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by onthedrop onthedrop wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw7P0RGZQxQ&feature=player_embedded

This is a goody 
Corporate control....the ends is nigh
but really though take ten minutes to watch it.  

Very astute opinion. Pilger is sharp. His book --hidden agendas is a good read.
Tppa is not about people or democracy or governments, or trade. It is about barriers against emerging economies such as Brazil ,China etc.It is about the unbridled control of the true world powers-the giant corporates. You and i or Democracy dosent come into it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 12:42pm
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 4:45pm
Titanium
Titanium

edited, to remove any hint of unintended personal rancour.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 6:37pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We'll see when your solo bubble pops. Corporations now have the right to sue governments and rewrite laws if anything affects their profits. This includes making it illegal to grow your own food, collect your own rain water or produce your own power, even medicate yourself. You may think that is way out, but this is already the case in the United State of consumer numbness; these are already illegal acts in some states. Corporate profit crazed madness. But's all Ok if you don't see any harm for yourself in your self induced bubble. Statutes of Liberty? We are
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:23pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

NZ was exporting and manufacturing back in the 80s.one parent working .why?because the dollar was lower .45c American from memory and we survived just nicely.the world wanted our products due to exchange rates.the higher the dollar went less we exported why? Why buy from the bottom of the world when you can get value from tour neighboring country.particularlyin YE countries
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 9:38pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

. When one sees a train rumbling down the track ,headlights glaring ,horn wailing then personally i like to see it coming and step clear and hope others do the same.
When Tppa arrived evil entered the room by the back steps without creaking .
And yes i tend to agree it is better to be inside a trade agreement than outside of it--maybe.
But at what cost.
When we have a situation where corporate companies can sue governments,then one must ask who then rules. And at that point the ideal of democratic sovereign governments ceases to exist,other than in name only.
Yes there may be a few advantages we are sold. But disadvantages are far greater.
We now have a continuing of the situation where foreign buyers can buy our country.Already happening ,but will increase. Under Tppa they will achieve what they failed to achieve by war.
Instead they will own this nation by economic means.
Perhaps we should all Spare a thought for the young people of N.Z. Especially the young couple with two or three children, at the lower end of the pay scale, havent had a wage increase in years,scrimp and save for that deposit for their own home. Then they find their deposit has devalued by the worlds fastest rising house prices ,and are out bid by the man with the printed funny money from overseas. How do these people feel . They feel angry and disenfranchised in their own country. And so will many of our children,and grandchildren. Destined to become tenants in their own land . Is there no empathy. So why is our government prepared to turn land ownership to all and sundry who choose to buy. That is wrong . Should be only for citizens and holders of a N.Z pass port.
But should this get past congress ,then so be it. Little we can do. Put it on the back burner and move on,but not forget what is happening.
And the other warning bells are that Aunt Helen is in favour of it . Speaks volumes. The march to ward one world order continues. While Hilary Clinton is totally opposed---interesting.
What more to say. Fishing time coming up.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 10:22am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Doesn't take much for Auckland council to get in on the act does it?  What the hell has this got to do with Auckland council???  great use of our rates guys

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11525871
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 2:11pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

. When one sees a train rumbling down the track ,headlights glaring ,horn wailing then personally i like to see it coming and step clear and hope others do the same.
When Tppa arrived evil entered the room by the back steps without creaking .
And yes i tend to agree it is better to be inside a trade agreement than outside of it--maybe.
But at what cost.
When we have a situation where corporate companies can sue governments,then one must ask who then rules. And at that point the ideal of democratic sovereign governments ceases to exist,other than in name only.
Yes there may be a few advantages we are sold. But disadvantages are far greater.
We now have a continuing of the situation where foreign buyers can buy our country.Already happening ,but will increase. Under Tppa they will achieve what they failed to achieve by war.
Instead they will own this nation by economic means.
Perhaps we should all Spare a thought for the young people of N.Z. Especially the young couple with two or three children, at the lower end of the pay scale, havent had a wage increase in years,scrimp and save for that deposit for their own home. Then they find their deposit has devalued by the worlds fastest rising house prices ,and are out bid by the man with the printed funny money from overseas. How do these people feel . They feel angry and disenfranchised in their own country. And so will many of our children,and grandchildren. Destined to become tenants in their own land . Is there no empathy. So why is our government prepared to turn land ownership to all and sundry who choose to buy. That is wrong . Should be only for citizens and holders of a N.Z pass port.
But should this get past congress ,then so be it. Little we can do. Put it on the back burner and move on,but not forget what is happening.
And the other warning bells are that Aunt Helen is in favour of it . Speaks volumes. The march to ward one world order continues. While Hilary Clinton is totally opposed---interesting.
What more to say. Fishing time coming up.

Aunty Helen is going to throw her hat into the ring for a higher over paid position in the bloated, non productive, ineffectual UN. Uncle John suggested that NZ would support her bid.
Then they engaged in mutual back slapping and promised to support each other.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 8:13pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 1:32pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Jan Kelsey has taken Trade Minister Tim Groser to the high court for not releasing the TPPA under an Official Information Act, and has won. 

We will wait to see if this is challenged by the government. Otherwise under High Court ruling the government must now release the TPPA. 

If you wish to see for your self now, a lot has already been released on WikiLeaks. Inform yourselves, don't let judgments be based on opinions and misinformation from government and media.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 5:23pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The full TPPA has been released on Wikileaks now. Steer away from throwing opinions around and inform yourself.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 6:03pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes have watched it,now go and look every person who appears and check out the backgrounds.  If you saw a programme a week or 2 ago on oil in the middle east.how america/england placed bribes with the saudis to get the best deals , it started before ww1 and they did what ever they could to hold on to deals and drive germany/russia out,then saudi woke up.We are only getting  x amount per barrel and you are selling it for x amount and profiteering,right this is the price hence 1970s oil crisis. 

Wikileaks/wikipedia are only opinions      if usa wants to control the world and not invite china to the talks what does usa think is going to happen when china says we want our money back,china owns around 80%, what happens to those usa companies that are getting goods manufactured in china? another scare mongering tactic, i would be more concerned with the masanta trade deal.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 6:44pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yip it's been going on for centuries. However with internet freedoms we can expose their corrupt controls. 

Wikileaks is not opinions
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 7:32pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

complied by investigte journilist,only their opinions
Page  <1234>