"New Posts" not working

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "New Posts" not working
    Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 10:11am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Clicking on the New Posts, does not work for me. It goes to some much earlier post. So I have to go thru a laborious lot of clicking to get to the first post that I haven't looked at.
I have complained about this before, but never had a reply. Cant something be done???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 10:36am
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It works fine for most people. I occasionally see posts that I have already viewed, but is pretty rare. Have you tried cleaning out your cookie and stored pages for F.Net and starting fresh? What browser do you use?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 5:39pm
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No problem with that but unable to un-subscribe to topics.
Says i have but they stay there so have to go into each topic and un-watch.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:22am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Tagit - I have deleted everything I could find, doesn't seem to help. Windows 7. Actually I once used Windows XP and it worked I think.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:28am
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What browser?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 11:42am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

IE latest.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 11:49am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I did have that problem with IE, so I changed to Google Chrome and problem solved with new post function.
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 3:29pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Pretty random for me, some times it shows nothing when there are new ones and other times there are loads that I have already seen.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 9:01am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

From others, it appears its not just me that's having a problem. Surely it can be fixed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 9:14am
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

When you login to this site it remembers your last visit and displays all new (and old) posts since that time.  What I do - after I have scanned through and read the posts that interest me, is to change the field that defines what period you are looking at - generally I set this to "Last Hour". 
Then when I click on the link "New Posts" this refreshes my view of the database and confines what I see to what has been posted in the last hour.  Works for me....
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 3:36pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Seems like there are issues with different browsers. There's a new version of the software just being released so we'll upgrade to that in the next couple of weeks and see if that fixes it. Ol Fart's method of sorting it seems to work with most browsers meantime.
Online...