John Keys tax rate 2.8%

Page  <1234 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 6:44pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by onthedrop onthedrop wrote:

Ok JK gives the money to charity HOW Philanthropic of him.
I'm not going to vote Mana.
I believe we've accrued heaps more debt under national....... thats not saving us from the gurgler
Errrm have you heard of the Global Financial Crisis Jackson or did that one pass you by? When a number of much larger economies have defaulted on their loans, we've actually got through it better than many of the other OECD countries. The nay-sayers will try and put a negative spin on it but we're in pretty good shape compared to other economies.

The Nats have done a pretty good job IMO.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 6:50pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by Raging Bull Raging Bull wrote:

Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

That 'increase' in wealth is unrealised and those figures are completely misleading but you'd expect that from someone like Minto.....
Key doesn't take his salary, true! But how much of it is "donated to charity"? Do those donations qualify for tax refunds ?
The point is he chooses to donate it when he could just as easily keep it. What are you trying to say Bull?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:04pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

While you were at University did you have to borrow $50k to pay for your education or was it free?

Why is education not free now?? Because the government doesn't have enough cash because it doesn't collect enough tax! Who doesn't pay an equal percentage of tax???

My parents had a dim view of university so I worked for 5 years, did a bunch of pre-uni courses, then convinced the company I was with to put me through uni once I had enough pre-uni credits to get the uni degree down to 2 years. So yes it was free for me as long as I worked through all the holidays. I was on a bloody good deal as far as I was concerned. I dare say that someone could do a similar thing today if they were motivated enough and didn't have easy access to cheap loans.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:05pm
rustler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

the Nats have done a bloody good job,  as Grunta said THINK before you vote, forget all the faces and the BS   red blue green or whatever!  who is going to do the best job to put food on your table and maintain our great kiwi lifestyle, the answer is obvious to those who can think, to me it is the Nats but I respect those who would go Labour. Greens, NZ1st, etc  But as for Minto and the Internet Mana the are a repulsive joke, extradite them to the middle east maybe they will fit in better there!! onthedrop should go with them as he is obviously not happy with his NZ lifestyle.
'Politically Correct' a misguided bunch of morons who think they can pick up a piece of **** by the clean end.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:09pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

That 'increase' in wealth is unrealised and those figures are completely misleading but you'd expect that from someone like Minto.....
Key doesn't take his salary, true! But how much of it is "donated to charity"? Do those donations qualify for tax refunds ?
The point is he chooses to donate it when he could just as easily keep it. What are you trying to say Bull?

I'm just saying that some people blow smoke up John key because he doesn't tKe his salary, yet I'm sure he ends up claim loads of that donated salary back. I think that is a Clever ploy to look good, the fact that he doesn't collect a salary is because it is chump change to him! A small cost to gain some more votes.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:13pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Grunta who and what caused the GFC mess in the first place and who had to wear it?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:17pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Rustler - I don't really know that I consider the Nats to have done a great deal. Yes the economy is better than most, but why is that? Mostly it is because we have a free trade agreement with China that has taken them from almost nothing to being our biggest export market at a time when we desperately needed a new market to replace the falling levels in our traditional ones. So then, National signed the free trade agreement, but who actually started that ball rolling? Take away the China FTA, and what have the Nats really done to bring about the current economic climate in NZ? Have Asset Sales done it - don't think so. Have they introduced policies to stimulate SME's - can't think of any? Have they made major changes to our spendings - they have tweaked things a little here and there, but has that really made any big difference? Have they made moves to attract new industries to NZ - some work with the film industry, but the jury is still out on what that really achieved given how much was contributed. Anything else?
Overall I can't put my finger on anything other than the China FTA that is majorly responsible for our current economic 'success', and that has Aunty Helens fingerprints all over it. Would it have even happened if National had been in power at that time and been so US centric? It might have, but right now I think we should say thank you aunty Helen.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:18pm
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah Grunta I've heard of it. Nationals planned intensification of Farming, Fishing, Forestry and Mining doesn't sit well with me and what I want for our country and I am not so sure its all gonna turn to custard with a change in government.
FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:27pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Has anyone watched the series of documentaries by Nigel Latta over the last month?

Can't blame any one government for our current position but the current lot have only made it worse.

Rustler, you mention the NZ dream, I don't think anyone dreamt that 1 in 5 kiwi kids would be living in poverty!

My theory on life is those that can, should help those that need it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:42pm
rustler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I agree with you Tagit  Aunty Helen did a fantastic job,  however right now its the Nats, I am voting for whats best for me, status quo, as I said food on the table and maintain our lifestyle,  China has had a huge influence on our economy to a great advantage of many, I also agree with onthedrop I think he is saying we need to protect what we have, as I also think we live in the best country in the world. Lets look after it. we dont need the likes of dotcom trying to f ---- us
'Politically Correct' a misguided bunch of morons who think they can pick up a piece of **** by the clean end.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:49pm
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Rustler I'm thinking whella I hope you do the same.Theres no need to be an egg   
FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 8:18pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by rustler rustler wrote:

I agree with you Tagit  Aunty Helen did a fantastic job,  however right now its the Nats, I am voting for whats best for me, status quo, as I said food on the table and maintain our lifestyle,  China has had a huge influence on our economy to a great advantage of many, I also agree with onthedrop I think he is saying we need to protect what we have, as I also think we live in the best country in the world. Lets look after it. we dont need the likes of dotcom trying to f ---- us

I wasn't actually saying that aunty Helen did a great job in general, just that the Nats can't take the main credit for our current economic progress. 
I actually can't think of anything the Nats have done has been good for the economy. I am not saying don't vote Nat etc, just saying that if I dig beneath the surface I can't find much substance to encourage me to vote for them either. I admire Keys efforts on the international stage I guess, but what else have they really done that you wouldn't have got from a central left Labour government? Nats did say that they would get our bloated bureaucracies sorted out, but after all the talk, has anything really happened? The guys I deal with are growing not shrinking. I guess there are one or two minor things I can think of that seem positive, but I hate the Asset sales process and don't really like seeing overseas owners buying up our country. On the big voting spring balance I am struggling to work out what National have really brought to the table that has worked for the majority of Kiwis. I think they are pretty lucky that the current Labour mob are so dysfunctional, because without that it might be a hard choice in a few weeks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 8:35pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Grunta who and what caused the GFC mess in the first place and who had to wear it?
What's your point Muppet??  - my point is getting through the mess and that was all.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 8:40pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

What's your point Muppet??  - my point is getting through the mess and that was all.
Well I reckon John Key caused the entire GFC Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 8:47pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

You've seen the TV ads, don't drink those big bots and post Smudge - more you have the bigger the mess....Evil Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 8:59pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm sure this started off as a fishing related website, but since we're on the subject. . . . . I think you're all dreaming if you think the country is where it is because of national alone, I se the best of all parties and work my votes out basd on which I want the least.
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dohboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 9:41pm
Dohboy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Lets think about what Minto is saying. I own a house that has a CV of say $1,000,000 and over 4 years it goes up by 5% per year so when the new CV comes out it is $1,200,000. So over the 4 years i have made $200,000 so i should pay tax on that $200,000 , and at my tax rate of 33% i need to find $66,000. I dont have a spare $66,000 so i would have to sell my house to pay the tax bill.

Minto Is a Clown maybe he should get off the protest lines and get a real job and god i hope he does not become an MP this year.
www.acewash.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 10:17pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

One things for shure a change of govt would cost this country dearly,we cant afford massive changes when things are running on the skin of there teeth...add in a coalition with the Green Party /labour and the mana party and weve got the perfect blend of disaster
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 10:24pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Dohboy Dohboy wrote:

Lets think about what Minto is saying. I own a house that has a CV of say $1,000,000 and over 4 years it goes up by 5% per year so when the new CV comes out it is $1,200,000. So over the 4 years i have made $200,000 so i should pay tax on that $200,000 , and at my tax rate of 33% i need to find $66,000. I dont have a spare $66,000 so i would have to sell my house to pay the tax bill.

Minto Is a Clown maybe he should get off the protest lines and get a real job and god i hope he does not become an MP this year.

Add your income to that and you might be in the 40% tax bracket....

Be happy with what you've got I reckon,I earnt $600 on sunday with penal rates and allowances in australia and took home $305 in the hand after Tax.
Hard pill to swallow
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 10:36pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Truly a massive cluster flock if those .....well, that crowd get into power. Stability in govt? Forget that. Sane policies and rational spending, forget that. Immediate haemorrhaging of money from the country, massive devaluation of the currency instantly multiplying the basic costs of imported goods such as, for example, petrol, ....just disaster.
Labour cannot make it work alone so that means Russell will demand power, such as finance minister probably grab immediate tax hikes for the filthy rich, ie: anyone that makes over fifty k a year will need to pay fifty percent tax, those under, nothing, and Minto and harawira will be itn charge of wealth redistribution. Winston will get foreign minister so he can alienate the Chinese and stuff up the feta... Oh, just peachy groovy.
I will just go live in a sane , well managed country like the solomons!
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Page  <1234 5>