Flicking Fluff n Feathers in Coro

Page  123 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flicking Fluff n Feathers in Coro
    Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 2:38am
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Welcome aboard team
For those just viewing the post for first time , it was initiated after the original post "Whangapoua Harbour",
in the SWF section, originally posted by Fishbyfly. Initially starting as a small group , it was decided to open it up to a StripStrike event . This is a record  of where we are with the event  , I will update this page as we go . Matto is going to lead the charge from your end  coordinating things utilising the Strip Strike facebook page.
As we know Matto is a relatively busy chap so my role would be to do what I can to share the load . Actually input and feedback welcome from all. 
Intention a weekend of fishing mixed with some social activities . Going to be Coro style , very informal and relaxed. A great opportunity to meet other like minded folk. 
DATES
November 8th/9th. ( note accomodation booking for Friday 7th, Saturday 8th)

ACCOMODATION
Edit:  Just heard from Matto , due to lack of accomodation availability to suit a group booking in Coro Town .
Anglers Lodge (Amodeo Bay) has been decided the best option.
Self contained cabins available from $45 each. A great location with ramp across the road and plenty options for land based . However it is a 20min drive from town which will be base for Sat evening prize giving , Group dinner at Top pub , general social and casting lessons kindly offered by Clark so take this into consideration, there is still plent accomadation in Town.

Friday 7th November
Appreciate this may not be possible for all , but if you can get a little early from work or take the day off you can make a day of it. 
BBQ dinner at my place ( pm me if you are keen , I will reply with address ) Will put on a few sausages , local butcher made. Salads also. If you want to bring meat or plate please do , but no worries if you don't.
Will be a great oportunity to meet and greet , join the dots , advice, questions ext.
Will set up a friendly casting comp. A good opportunity to get warmed up , bit of fun. . Clue , practise on a 300mm diameter target at 15m. Leader and some fluff. 
Probably crank bbq up around 6pm , turn it off when the last person has been fed .(Once again confirmation of your attendance appreciated)

Saturday 8th November
A light hearted fishing comp to add a little interest. 
Entry fee ( probably zero)
Prizes, maybeLOL
1bottle of scotch :  For the smallest fish caught, photographed and released. (Donated by FlybyNite)
1 bottle of wine:  For the most unusual fish. (Donated by Mike Thomas)
Thanks to above members for prizes donate.
Longest Snapper
Longest Kawhai

Start time , when you can manage to crawl out the scratcher.
Lets say measure in , yes will be by length to gives those that choose  catch and release. If so take photo on measure. 
Measure in finish at 7pm at Top Pub Garden Bar
Will more than likely hold this at the camp or garden bar at pub.
Then a pub meal , will confirm numbers so I can book seats. Good feed and very reasonable.

Sunday 9th November
FishingThumbs Up

General
As previously mentioned I will update this page as we go , could be alterations as new suggestions come through.
We have the option of fishing either coast to suit weather conditions.

Several ramp options however some are tidal . I will make up some form of info sheet that may be of assistance. Everyone will be given my cell phone number if for any reason you need it.

Tides. (coromandel harbour)
Sat 8th  High 0832hrs (3.4m)    Low 1437hrs (0.6m)   High 2054hrs (3.3m)
Actually we have struck ideal tides , with the morning session allowing a few hours on the last of the incoming.
Big tides too , will add to the movement in close . Those that may be rock fishing will have the safety net to explore on a falling tide from mid morning.
Will be approaching low tide when the sun high (ideal spotting) for those electing to wade the flats , I will do a bit more research on this ones far as ideal locations .

Who's in list

1. Mike Thomas
2. Matto
3. Weemandan
4. Desmofrankie
5.FLYbyNITE
6. Kevin S (possible late confirm)
7. Clark Reid 90%
8. Michaele
9. Corokid
10. craignzcd
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeVille Incarnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 7:17am
DeVille Incarnate View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

If my little boat is ready and able by that time, I'll definitely bring her to this party too!
Approach with extreme caution - I NEVER look where my back cast is going....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 1:21pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

All good FBN 
Plenty room for secure handy parking, easy turn around too.

Looks like a couple kayak/stalkers 
Your boat maybe
Matto with "SUPERFLY"
If I park my flats boat next to Matto's , might have to call it "SUPERFLEA"LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote desmofrankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 1:35pm
desmofrankie View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Superflea is plain awesome for coastal fly fishing Dave, I wouldn't ask for anything else!

Yep, Adam and I are most likely to be on kayaks Cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 1:53pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hehe ,I like  "super flea " LOL
How about we high jack this high further  and open it up as a strip strike club event, obviously if we had more folk we will be needing to occupy one of the excellent camp /cabin places , and could then get together in a lounge meeting area ? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 2:27pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 2:30pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Exactly what I was thinking Matto , but being the new kid on the block so to speak thought it not my place to call the shots.
But hard to turn people away aye.

Neighbour has a cabin , but better still mate up the road , say 100 metres away has an awsome accomodation set up , google 'Top of the hill ' COROMANDEL.
A barn he converted , rustic but very cool , sleeps 11 from memory , perfect I say .
Would check if available. He also has 2  FC420 centre consoles he bare boat charters if required.

edit. There booked out , but yeh we will sort something, let us know a rough idea on numbers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 3:56pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

wow , the ball is rolling , nice work Coro kid. We might have to see if we can get the salty patrons of strip strike there ? Craig and Clark Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 4:01pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Can I make a suggestion 
Our place is a 5 minute walk to the top pub .
Accross the road is the Top Ten motor camp.

I had a quick search and noted the' Fishermans Nest' option that is a 3 bedroom cabin , sleep six individuals , more if couples as some beds are king , queen and singles.( part of top ten)
Only glitch it is booked for suggested dates but availible from Sunday 10th Nov and the week following. 
Pricing 120 for two adults but 25 for extras after that so with 6 adult singles it works out about $36 each.
Camp has BBQ area  and with pub across the road there are options for gatherings. After fishing and back at camp , no one would have to drive. Mind you local taxi van very reasonable.

It is a very tidy and clean camp.

Just a thought , will leave it up to you guys .
Plenty of tent sites and seperate cabins  , so maybe just leave dates as they are and everybody sort themselves out.

Another option
Anchor lodge , down bottom end of town .
Close to the Admiral Arms Hotel(bottom pubLOL)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 4:09pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by matto matto wrote:

wow , the ball is rolling , nice work Coro kid. We might have to see if we can get the salty patrons of strip strike there ? Craig and Clark Thumbs Up
Exactly
Also if someone comes up with a better name for post/event more in theme with strip strike let us know and majority rules ok.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 4:59pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Me again
Ok have just rang Caron at Top Ten (owner) 
They have various options available ranging from 35 to $60 for weekend Nov 8,9th cabins ect , also tent sites which will be less. So booking would be the Friday night 7th and Sat 8th.
You may want to head down early Friday ect.

Have just got off the phone with Matto and to save going around in circles and muck people around , these are the dates.
Also Matto going to do some coordinating on the strip strike facebook page , Im not on Facebook so will have to keep in touch and up to date on here.
Possibly make a friendly competition out of it , nothing too serious , just add some interest.
I will talk to the owner of the pub and see if we can work out some deals , maybe a few freebies ext. Not a big time patron so no promises there.
Matto also going to see what he can sort from his end.

Looks like its coming together nicely , I have a bit of work to catch up on now.Embarrassed
cheers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 5:49pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sweet as,
Pm me coro if theirs anything I need to do re accomadation etc
or anything I can bring for ya from Auckland,
I can fit2 or 3 anglers and stuff into my wagon,
so pm me anyone who wants a ride
By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 5:51pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So whats the fishing like that time of year Coro?
By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mike.Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 7:20pm
Mike.Thomas View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am looking forward to it! I will be driving down so if anyone needs a lift give me a shout. No Boat to bring so I could easily fit a couple extra's in the car.
Corokid, I am happy wherever we stay, Your place sounds good, I like that Top Pub, great food!
Anyhow talk soon.
All the best.
Mike
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote desmofrankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 7:24pm
Gold
Gold

It's all looking really good!Smile
I'll just have to check with work first as I normally work on sundays.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mike.Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 7:32pm
Mike.Thomas View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I will pack the two handed set up Corokid, so you can have a go with it, and anyone who wants to is welcome.
All the best.
Mike
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote desmofrankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 7:42pm
Gold
Gold

That's really cool Mike: I've been wanting to even just see someone casting a double hander for quite a long time Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeVille Incarnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 8:12pm
DeVille Incarnate View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yea, this is really coming together now. Like Mike I'm happy wherever I stay as I'm sure the company will be awesome!

I'll hopefully be towing the boat so will have space comfortably for another two plus gear in my wagon, three at a push - ditto FBF to pm me for a ride, it's only a short hop to Coro's stomping grounds so won't be uncomfortable for long, and hey, WE'RE GOING FISHING!!

I think the idea of making it a club event is great, and especially getting the gurus up for it will be a huge bonus! Who else is interested so we can start making accommodation plans and get some deposits in before it all gets booked up for the summer?

Approach with extreme caution - I NEVER look where my back cast is going....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 9:35pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Excellent, if we get enough flingers another option to add to the mix would be seashuttle , I know steve transported people down by boat for a festival from auckland , some could take that option , stop at channel island on the way and steve could be kept busy doing rock drop offs ? so many ideas .........
I will post something on Facebook and repeat it here also , we will have to book accommodation and pay a deposit , I will see if we can get Clark and Craig along , it's going to be a saltfly hooley !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 2:18am
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looking good guys , just back online now , for those that don't know I am on a ship at present and in and out of range now and then,

Accomoadtion.
Yes suggest get onto it quick smart , no need for me to have guys on the floor in our house now , might as well join the main group. 
Still happy to offer caravan but really only suitable for two adults and one small adult as top bunk a little shorter.
So was thinking FBF ,and Frank in the caravan as they on kayaks and probably and team up so to speak. 
I have a spare room in house with 1 queen bed I will reserve for now in case Clark or Craig are keen as camp may be booked out on them. So Mike T and FBN if you ok with going to camp that may be better.
I won't be offended if FBF and Frank want go to camp also but caravan there. Also gives Frank the option to come down a day early if he cant get Sunday off.

Meet n Greet/ bbq
At our place on the Friday . Good chance to kick things off. I will put on a some sausages ect and some salads . More than welcome to bring a plate or preferred meat ect. Will knock up a few info sheets , suggested spots to try , ramps , access ect. Maybe a friendly casting comp on the lawn to warm up.

Fishing Comp 
Nothing to serious . Saturday only as prizegiving will more than likely be at the garden area of pub or camp , being Saturday only no one will be driving home after festivities . So maybe plan on a pub meal saturday night. Will update all this info at top page once I get a few guidelines from club officials. Dont want to go against any ethics ect. Option of measure/ photo if you want to catch and release. So will be length as opposed to weight.

Sunday
Free fishing Big smile Or some mayprefer non fishing options I can suggest , yeh right.

about it for now.

Page  123 10>