Flicking Fluff n Feathers in Coro

Page  <12345 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mike.Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 9:45am
Mike.Thomas View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The lodge is getting short on beds,
The only accommodation we have left is as follows:

1 x two bedroom cabin - 2 single beds in each bedroom and a couple of squabs in the lounge area, so potential to sleep up to 6 people. BYO linen/bedding/towels and use community toilets/showers and cooking.
Cost per night for 4 people $119.

1 x one room cabin with a double bed and single bed. BYO linen/bedding etc as above and use community facilities - Cost per night for 2 people $65.

Penthouse - selfcontained motel with queen bed - $165 per night (2 people).

Units 7 and 8 - both one bedroom selfcontained motels, each has a queen bed and single bed in the same area - cost $140 per night each, for up to 3 people. If all guys then we would need to put a squab on the floor for the 3rd person and he would need to bring a sleeping bag.

Flat under the main house (selfcontained) - double bed in separate bedroom and 2 single beds in the lounge -area - cost $165 per night for up to 4 people - again if all guys then we could supply a squab for the 4th person who will need to bring a sleeping bag.

Otherwise, we have campsites available.

We look forward to hearing from you.

I am going to book the two bedroom cabin and so far there is myself, Matto and Michaele staying in it, that leaves room for one more so be quick!
All the best.
Mike
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 10:09am
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks for that update Mike. Thomas , seems like the holiday influx kicks of early nowadays.  Actually the town gets quite busy over December/ January season thats why I thought November ideal. 
Aside from the ramp across the road there are land based opportunities nearby.

Welcome Michaele , numbers are climbing slowly but surely. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 10:14am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Mike.Thomas Mike.Thomas wrote:

The lodge is getting short on beds,
The only accommodation we have left is as follows:

1 x two bedroom cabin - 2 single beds in each bedroom and a couple of squabs in the lounge area, so potential to sleep up to 6 people. BYO linen/bedding/towels and use community toilets/showers and cooking.
Cost per night for 4 people $119.

1 x one room cabin with a double bed and single bed. BYO linen/bedding etc as above and use community facilities - Cost per night for 2 people $65.

Penthouse - selfcontained motel with queen bed - $165 per night (2 people).

Units 7 and 8 - both one bedroom selfcontained motels, each has a queen bed and single bed in the same area - cost $140 per night each, for up to 3 people. If all guys then we would need to put a squab on the floor for the 3rd person and he would need to bring a sleeping bag.

Flat under the main house (selfcontained) - double bed in separate bedroom and 2 single beds in the lounge -area - cost $165 per night for up to 4 people - again if all guys then we could supply a squab for the 4th person who will need to bring a sleeping bag.

Otherwise, we have campsites available.

We look forward to hearing from you.

I am going to book the two bedroom cabin and so far there is myself, Matto and Michaele staying in it, that leaves room for one more so be quick!
All the best.
Mike

PD'd ya about the final bunk Mike.

ta
Nick
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mike.Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 10:24am
Platinum
Platinum

Okay, so the 4 bunk cabin I have booked is full, but there is still plenty of other cabins etc for anyone else, but it would pay to get your booking in quick.
All the best
Mike
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 10:49am
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Tides times Thumbs Up
I have made a small update on cover page.
Just basic info , I am going to avoid just pasting links . Sure you guys are capable if you want to look into it more. Also sometimes I stuff it up and they are not underlined so no go anyway , truth be known.LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeVille Incarnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 11:58am
DeVille Incarnate View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

For the friendly Sat comp I would like to put in a bottle of Scotch as a prize for the smallest fish measured, photographed and released: If by a fairly good chance I win this myself, the prize will go to the next smallest fish!

Good luck!!
Approach with extreme caution - I NEVER look where my back cast is going....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 12:46pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by FLYbyNITE FLYbyNITE wrote:

For the friendly Sat comp I would like to put in a bottle of Scotch as a prize for the smallest fish measured, photographed and released: If by a fairly good chance I win this myself, the prize will go to the next smallest fish!

Good luck!!
LOL Very generous FbN
I will add that to prize pool.

Whitebait will be running at stream mouths Ermm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeVille Incarnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 1:42pm
Silver
Silver

What fly do I use to catch whitebait....I want the scotch....uuuuh, damm, I can't do that can I...?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 2:44pm
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Heheh great idea for a prize! 

I used to catch the odd mature inanga (whitebait) while nymphing in Hawkes Bay. And just about every trout fisho knows that buzzing whirring sound of a tiny trout rocketing out of the water and past their ear on the back cast! Unfortunately they always seem to be gone on the forward cast...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mike.Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 3:54pm
Platinum
Platinum

I will donate a bottle of wine for the most unusual catch, if anyone can work out a criteria for most unusual, My only specification is it must be a fish, sheep, mates, cars and cows don't count!
All the best.
Mike
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote desmofrankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 4:01pm
desmofrankie View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I love the way you guys bring a light hearted tone to that comp!! Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 4:02pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Mike.Thomas Mike.Thomas wrote:

I will donate a bottle of wine for the most unusual catch, if anyone can work out a criteria for most unusual, My only specification is it must be a fish, sheep, mates, cars and cows don't count!
All the best.
Mike

So you have to catch something unusual for a bottle of wine?
Going back to the 80's , I started with a bottle(cask) of wine which resulted in me catching something unusualEmbarrassed

Funny how things change.
Very kind Mike , could be a trend starting here.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeVille Incarnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 7:40pm
Silver
Silver

Yea... I caught syphilis after the last cask of wine I drank....

Good on yer Mike! This weekend is really shaping up. Well done to all for pulling hard esp Dave and Matt. Will have to think of something special for those two to show our appreciation!

Pick up my boat tomorrow - frickn yeehaa, too long without one now. Bank balance in tatters however so may be a while before she's ship shape. Pity 'cause Sunday is looking outstanding. She's on for Nov though, that's for sure!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 6:09pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I 've been thinking
May have to revisit the check in time of 5pm on the Saturday for fishing comp . For  those that have made the effort , that would be clashing with prime fishing time approaching twilight . So how about we leave it until later . Still think it would be nice to have a group dinner so could work around that time. Logistically it will be a late dinner , be a shame to miss out on a twilight fish. I can do that anytime , thinking of you lot so maybe comeback with opinions , discuss at Stripstrike meeting tomorrow ect.

So far we have two categories of smallest fish photographed/released and most unusual , with prizes donated by individuals as above , thanks again guys. Will put forward more categories;

Longest Snapper 
Longest Kingfish  
Longest Kawhai 
Longest Trevally 

As previously mentioned will be decided by length with option of photo/measure or keep for measure. Of legal size of course. 
Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 6:59pm
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good thinking Corokid , I also thought about total length , i.e each fish landed is measured and contributes to that species and also total , you could take it out with one really long fish or several smaller ones? my thinking is that it might introduce a skill factor , and also the other categories - i.e. smallest , most meritorious etc . Thumbs Up nothing to formal or serious , keeping it real ,fun and about getting together and fishing 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 7:07pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Matto 
Some food for thought there

we already have smallest , unusual , thinking most meritorious a good idea.

undecided about several fish idea , thats a lot more fish possibly to handle and photo/measure ect. Shall we see what the polls show usLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 7:16am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bump! [Just because]
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeVille Incarnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 8:04am
Silver
Silver

OK the SSFFC "Sinking Pewter Mug Floating Trophy" has just arrived from the UK, all shiny and engraved and in its presentation box. I'm stoked with it!

I'd like to give this trophy to the club for events and comps such as this one and it can be presented as a first prize for whatever the criteria is in that particular event. It'll be a floating trophy so the current holder can hang onto it for a month or so then send it back to the club for display perhaps at Totally Fly or R & R, or pass it onto the group for the next 'event', whichever happens first.

I'll post pics when I get a chance. Any suggestions from the club are welcome!

There is one other small bit of engraving that I'd like to add to it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 9:36am
matto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cool idea , nice one Flybynite !Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 11:50am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That's awesome Geoff.

This club is taking off in leaps and bounds.

Another great trophy is the toilet seat award......bit of fun and poking fun at clusterfeks of the highest order.

I reckon I'd be dibs on for that award - Hug
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Page  <12345 10>