10 weight saltwater reel for kings

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfishers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 3:51pm
kingfishers View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers guys.. I had a look at the Redington predator, vapen red and the sage as well..!! Sage seems to be super lite..!! Awsome one.. Will have to do few extra shift lol.. Looks like predator will be the next on my TAS..
"My mind has gone fishing, ask all questions tomorrow"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 4:05pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by corokid corokid wrote:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/fishing/salt-water/other/auction-759934149.htm

Buy it! One careful lady ownerEmbarrassed
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote igfafly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 1:31pm
igfafly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice to see the Coltons getting a good rap after guys have had some time to get some experience with them, despite the critics with vested interests. I have been using them exclusively for a few years and they are rock solid. Have a few WRs on them and they have never let me down.

If it is kingies you are after, drag is very important and I can assure you Coltons pull more than most of the other options listed, plus as some have already mentioned you are dealing direct with the manufacturer and are not called upon to fund the distribution chain.

Try them - you will be impressed.

Steve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 2:03pm
Pole Dancer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by igfafly igfafly wrote:

Nice to see the Coltons getting a good rap after guys have had some time to get some experience with them, despite the critics with vested interests. I have been using them exclusively for a few years and they are rock solid. Have a few WRs on them and they have never let me down.

If it is kingies you are after, drag is very important and I can assure you Coltons pull more than most of the other options listed, plus as some have already mentioned you are dealing direct with the manufacturer and are not called upon to fund the distribution chain.

Try them - you will be impressed.

Steve

Let's not start sounding like Snake Oil salesmen Steve, you do yourself no favors. I have not said a bad word about a Colton, I have questioned how much of the reel is made in the US. I have no formal association with any reel manufacturer. I recommend what I use and make comments based on 33 years as a professional angler. On the other hand you are a Colton Pro Staff member and you talk about "vested interest". You don't help your sponsor much posting in this way!
www.clarkreid.co.nz   FFF Certified Casting Instructor / Umpqua Designer Tier
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sid fishus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 3:20pm
sid fishus View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Settled on an Orvis Hydros, for now. Seemed to be good value for $. 

Will probably end up buying something else as well later, but will start there. Thanks for all the tips and advice.

Will report back on success, hopefully sooner rather than later, spring is nearly here :)
I always tell the truth about things that never happened
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote igfafly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 3:59pm
igfafly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Like a brown to a mayfly ! Zingo !

Snake oil salesmen sell something that is not Clark. Coltons as you are finding out from varied responses very much live up to their expectations and very much are top quality gear.

Apart from guiding you are also involved in retail in some way are you not ?

How does my standing behind the reel and giving real time first hand experiences in any way disadvantage Colton - I have them, I use them, hard, often, and they get tested in the field thoroughly..I would think that is something potential users would find reassuring. You should try one one day, pretty sure you would not be able to find fault with them.

Colton sales are alive and well and growing quite nicely so Bob is more than happy with the added exposure I have been giving the reels along with the water time and results.

To the OP - good luck on your selection and may you stretch many a line with it - am sure your choice will be good for many many fish...lots of good gear out there.

Steve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 4:36pm
Titanium
Titanium

Like a brown to a mayfly ! Zingo !

Dickhead!!!!

Apart from guiding you are also involved in retail in some way are you not ?

Steve

No! 

Get your facts straight before you run your mouth! Is anything I said untrue, you are essentially, just a sales man for Colton right????
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote igfafly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 4:41pm
igfafly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

SmileSmileSmile
Happy spring Clark - may you catch trout aplenty.

Steve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 4:55pm
Titanium
Titanium

SmileSmileSmile
Happy spring Clark - may you catch trout aplenty.

Steve

Try to keep up ... I chase SWF fly species ... You know, like King-fish! Real king-fish, not baby Kingfish like you get in Aussie, real NZ Kingfish! and you can bet your ugly arse I'll be happy!

But back to reality. you are just a salesman aye? You get a cheap Chinese reel for every good thing you say or what? It's all just a bit pathetic mate!LOLLOLLOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote igfafly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 4:59pm
igfafly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

TongueTongueTongueTongue
Too funny - good luck on the kings then...you are correct - they are small over here so I spend my time on other more challenging species.

Steve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 5:06pm
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 5:10pm
Titanium
Titanium

TongueTongueTongueTongue
Too funny - good luck on the kings then...you are correct - they are small over here so I spend my time on other more challenging species.

Steve

Steve Baker let's just be honest with the people reading this forum! As your post just testifies, you have no interest in NZ fly-fishing. There are people that do. I am one of them. For the last 10 years or so I have lead a movement of people who wish to progress this further. Some of your countrymen have done the same. Peter Morse has been here several times and conducted clinics to help people progress the ability to catch fish on fly in Saltwater,... You on the other hand have done nothing, you appear to offer nothing, is there something I have missed in the information you offer or are you just promoting an American (questionable) reel???? are just promoting a cheap reel and it seems that's all you have!

Do you wish to help us or are you simply endeavoring to sell people something?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote igfafly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 5:15pm
igfafly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Clark

I have a lot of interest in NZ fly fishing and am often over there enjoying what NZ has to offer, have been doing so since around 1992 and like you have been fishing since long before then.

Questionable ??? LOLLOLLOL

Many with first hand experience don't seem to think so. As I said earlier - try one - you might like it.

Have a nice day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 5:27pm
Titanium
Titanium

Clark

I have a lot of interest in NZ fly fishing and am often over there enjoying what NZ has to offer, have been doing so since around 1992 and like you have been fishing since long before then.

Questionable ??? LOLLOLLOL

Many with first hand experience don't seem to think so. As I said earlier - try one - you might like it.

Have a nice day.

I respect that! You got any photos? Is there any evidence of your contribution? I think you just make a lot of noise about Colton Reels and don;t do fA else... I mean seriously, we're a close kit bunch here and i think you are a Snake Oil salesman... give me some  evidence to prove me wrong, If I am am I will be proud to admit it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote igfafly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 5:41pm
igfafly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Deja Vu - danced that dance before with you - remember ? You were found wanting. Think what you like, IGFA record book says otherwise.
Google some of my other posts if you don't like to believe. Caught a decent mako or striped marlin on fly lately ?

Thought not.

Pics are there for all and sundry.

Have a nice night.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 5:51pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Give me a C

Give me a O

Give mea L

Give me a T

Give me a O

Give me a N,

What have we  got?

COLTON ClapClapClapClap

Enter,Hot well proportioned American Cheerleaders.Big smile

NB, your either part of a global community or an island community.
By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote igfafly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 5:59pm
igfafly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mmmmmm - love those cheerleaders !!

BeerBeer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 6:46pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Give me an H
Give me an E
Give me an N
Give me an S
Give me a C
Give me an H
Give me n E
Give me an L

What have you got? German girls are so much hotter than their yank counterparts.
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 7:15pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My name is Helga ,im from Munich, and I love you KiwisHeartCool

Just checked there site, Nice reelsThumbs Up
By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote desmofrankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 7:23pm
desmofrankie View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yea, I had come across them a wile ago and was very intrigued by that mega arbor thing they call"power and speed"; looks really cool Cool
Page  <1234>