Poseidon dual drag reels has arrived

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 10:26am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Good to hear Shane from someone who fishes them hard. 9kg is quite a lot of drag for such a small reel though, like i said, Lance might not have had it done up to max drag.
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 1:12pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by strx7 strx7 wrote:

I've had a 150 for a couple of months now and was suprised to see the one tested only managed 9kg of drag.  I have PE3 braid on mine as Its primary usage is a shallow water gnarly foul stray lining reel, the braid breaks at 42lb.  These reels put out some serious stopping power.   I hooked up to a good sized snapper, struck it, not realising I had gone past the strike button to sunset and just about went over the side of the boat when the fish pulled hard and I didn't have good footing.  I have cubed up kings in the 80-90cm bracket and sunset drag will totally stop them in their tracks, they cannot pull line off.

9kg is a helluva lot of drag for such a small reel. Bearing in mind this was 9kg of real, usable drag with a full spool of line. The preload knob wasn't maxed out but it was at the point where it was getting difficult to push the drag lever to full, much further and you would risk damaging the drag cam, and I think the reel was on the cusp of the pinion bearing starting to disagree anyway.

There aren't a lot of rods out there that will lift 9kg without exploding anyway, people get quite hung up on drag numbers but in the real world I reckon most people are fishing (inshore general fishing) sub-5kg.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 1:17pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Agree, i fish 2-3kg when jigging for snapper and very rarely would i ever increase drag, might use a touch of thumb on the spool but not often. LOL
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 9:19pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting!! The good that can come out of honest banter
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 6:23am
swordfishsteve View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hey Guys
Ok I now have a few of these in stock for anyone in Auckland that is interested for a play, call in sometime, I have also serviced a few now and have to say they are Fantastic Value.
Not an Accurate BX or an Alutecnos Gorilla however what you are paying for them you are getting a great reel for your dollars.
As always Regular Preventative Servicing pays off with Reliable Performance.
Neglect your reels and it will cost you guys Bigtime! No matter what Brand it is.
cheers swordfishsteveSmileSmileSmileSmile
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 6:57pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Bump Bump, these are selling like hot cakes, Xmas is getting close, Santa coming down the chimney if he can fit , cheers swordfishsteve
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoshW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2016 at 5:18am
JoshW View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

.... So who's the dealer for these reels?

Atis? Kaveman? Swordfishsteve?

I'm confusedWacko

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2016 at 5:51am
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

JoshW
No confusion here, Antis imports and distributes these reels, I sell them and so does Kaveman at Retail level.
 Main point of difference is  I also service, sell and repair reels for a business, so can offer unbiased advice and support after sales service for all my products.
I also offer a first Free Service on all New reels I sell for peace of mind and buyer confidence.
Cheers swordfishsteveSmile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoshW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2016 at 6:42am
JoshW View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2016 at 7:30am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just read this thread for 1st time. When Tica reels first came out there was a discussion about them copying Accurate's drag system, thus breaching copyright.
Seems that Accurate never went to the expense of copyrighting their dual drag. Their rationale was that if a maker like Tica were to copy their gear, the 2 makers were not chasing the same market and therefore no competition.

BTW - My 2 Tica 30TWS have performed well, over the 12+ years I've had them.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yellafin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 4:44pm
yellafin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Now these reels have been around for a while, can any owners of these reels give me an unbiased review of them.

Specifically looking at the 200R, but reports on the other sizes would be great.

Thanks   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote strx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:30am
strx7 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

i have the 150, its a right pocket battle ship, am thinking about buying a 450 to replace my tyrnos 16 (livebait/trolling)
If I had seen the 150 & the 200 in person before purchasing I would probably have gone with the 200 just for the bit of extra spool width and the extra line capacity that would go with it.  in saying that I spooled my 150 with Gosen 42lb (actual breaking strain) braid and it took 220m as it's primary use is for stray lining snapper in gnarly 10-13m country.  Since getting the 150 for this purpose I've only been reefed once, prior to that it was multiple times per trip.  I'd happily have an arsenal of them in my cupboard haha.  Looking fowards to smashing over some skippies on my 150 in a month or so:)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 12:54pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

As Shane above says, he has the 150 but i prefer the 200 for extra width. 150 is very narrow and 200 has double dogs as well as anti reverse bearing, 150 only has anti reverse.
They poke out heaps of drag, (they say 30kg but they are dreaming) we got 10kg of usable drag with full spool and still smooth as silk
That is why i started selling them, pm me if you want one to test, we have a 150 loaner in Auckland that you can have a play/fish with to see how you like them

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yellafin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 3:45pm
yellafin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks for the info.

Kaveman , do you have any 200's available and how much are they?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote strx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 8:16pm
strx7 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:23am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by yellafin yellafin wrote:

Thanks for the info.

Kaveman , do you have any 200's available and how much are they?

pm sent Murray
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MartinMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 3:24pm
MartinMac View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone got an idea on what price the 450 comes in at...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 3:59pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Martin, they are $449 rrp
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MartinMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 4:24pm
MartinMac View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks kevin. Pm sent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 6:45am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

A new high speed retrieve is now available,  model 50SL which has gear ratio of 7.1:1 and a longer handle. One of the best slow jigging reels i have used
These reels are similar sizing to the Poseidon 200 or a Maxel 300.
14kg of drag(dual drag system) rrp $359
PM me if interested
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Page  <123>