Fish filleting east Auckland

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish filleting east Auckland
    Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 11:11am
brdas View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey does anyone know where I could get fish filleted in east Auckland or manukau area
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 1:45pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Sorry too far away at Waiuku. can anyone help Bradov?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 4:17pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by bradov bradov wrote:

Hey does anyone know where I could get fish filleted in east Auckland or manukau area
Happy to show you but probably not convenient as at Huia on Manukau Harbour? - is good to get shown then do yourself?  I think most people learn from mates/neighbours, also heaps on you tube and fishing website as well? 
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 5:02pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Marsics in glen innes are the tits!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 7:31pm
brdas View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I was just wondering cause the next 3 weeks I’m just finishing 24/7 so if I can’t be bothered filleting just wanted to know somewhere I could take them
Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 7:50pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

I was just wondering cause the next 3 weeks I’m just finishing 24/7 so if I can’t be bothered filleting just wanted to know somewhere I could take them

Have you thought of releasing the ones you don't need/want brad?
I think that dealing with the fish I catch is part of the obligation, as is treating them with respect.
Not "being bothered" concerns me a bit.
WE really need to look after the resource & your attitude worries me a bit.
Sure hope I'm wrong.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 9:40pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kill them all if you dont the bloody commercials will oops did I just say thatEmbarrassed, what was I thinking.
As Uncle says catching and processing your catch is all part of the experience of fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote KikBac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 10:25pm
KikBac View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What Tzer + Uncle said. Processing your catch is part and parcel of a good day out. As well as providing quality table fare for family and friends, these are great skills to have. My mates 18 yo daughter is a trainee chef. She comes around home to practice filleting fish every chance she gets. She has mastered filleting a variety of species as well as presentation, knife skills, various cooking techniques and turning heads and frames into stock. She graduated top of her class for good reason
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 10:09am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A big agreement on Guys above.
Part of Rec fishing , deer stalking , basically any rec activity part of that is preping the meat , cleaning the gear , the guns, washing ones boots after game.
 To be selective and .. not consider the exercise as a whole is a cop out.

The only fish thart we dont fillet ourselves are those we give away if not elderly with arthritis in the hands.
 And If they cant fillet we show them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 8:42pm
brdas View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Holy Hecker was just looking for somewhere that could fillet fish, I’m going to be out on the water a lot and don’t want fish sitting around so was looking for somewhere to ge tit done otherwise I would normally do it myself
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 9:18pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Holy Hecker was just looking for somewhere that could fillet fish, I’m going to be out on the water a lot and don’t want fish sitting around so was looking for somewhere to ge tit done otherwise I would normally do it myself
Simple really, limit your catch so you can fillet?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 9:26pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

Simple really, limit your catch so you can fillet?

I think we're wasting our time PaulConfused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 9:52pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm not sure if this thread comes from ignorance or arrogance. Surely you can find the time to process your catch. If not, I suspect your catch is far more than needed. You have the option of filleting at sea also, as long as they are still in a measurable state to avoid embarrassment at the ramp.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 9:46am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fillet a reasonable fish.. rec style.. ie get well over 1/3 of the gross weight in fillets..
3 1/2 /4 mins plus 5/6 mins wash down benches, chopping boards etc.

Limit 7  Thats around 30/ 35 mins
 If several crew , lets say 3.. limit catch  21 fish.
 Set up a 'production line' and time per fish drops dramatically.
 Remove rib cage when fillet off, again takes  near 20/30 secs off each fish.
 Thats just under 1 hr..

To take your fish somewhere to be filleted, locally  say 20 mins each way...you have saved maybe 10 mins of an hr of filleting..

Surely you can find the time to process your catch. If not, I suspect your catch is far more than needed.

And that statement says one hell of a lot...and maybe should have more read into it..
 We have brought home limit  once.. caught limit far more than would like to count..
To be able to give way that much fish on a regular basis several weeks between, is a mission, if not impossible.. to do it with in a few days....