Eels.

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 12:57pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Just a point of order here. Most of the posters go on about how the rules are this and the rules are that and MPI are ******* for not following the rules.

OUR RULES state that we post in the correct forums. In this case the correct forum is Fisheries Management. In that forum the rule is we discuss Fisheries Management issues.

What really pisses me off about the Fisheries Management topic is that most of us agree there's a problem, yet all we do is ***** and moan about others fighting for the same cause.

It doesn't help that we have had  a resident troll for so long, my advice is that you don't reply or answer his posts if you suspect he is still on these forums.

If some (not all)  of you can't agree on a single point then we deserve what we get. no wonder we are powerless. Here's an idea, why don't we all get stuck into the one organisation that at least has more than a laymans understanding of how to create change and pick them to pieces over all their perceived shortcomings. Angry

Some people contributing to this thread and the Fisheries Management forum need to go and sit down and have a think about just how much damage they have done to the recreational anglers cause through their well meaning (to them) but totally misguided rants and prolific posting. They have done that damage by making even the most responsible of us grimacew each time we see their shyte.

We all know (except for 77 'other members' Evil Smile) who the worst culprit was but I suggest that if you really care then have a think about what I have said.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 2:26pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lucky you fish west coast "smudge"if you are referring to advocate group being attacked by some of us,its justified as when you question them they give a hundred reasons why they are right and we are wrong,What have they really achieved in talks?sna1 fished down,sna1 crayfish almost extinct,agreement over sna1 proposals even though they do not fit with their own principles,why agree?Cannot even send a representative to a meeting they in conjunction with mpi organised.
Yes you are right we as Fishers need to unite and show mpi we mean business. The commercial sector have stuck together and we need to do the same. just like the aussies have done. Yes there is a political party based on fishing and outdoors but not been active."gun angler"?
The Australian recreational fishers party did not get a seat but got rid of those who favoured super trawlers. Now the arfp is in talks and the trawler will be gone soon due to another vote on whether she fishes at night,if they govt says no night fishing she will be gone as it is uneconomical to operate as stated by the dutch and kiwi owners,currently catching mackerel and freezing and sending to african countries for little return according to owners.
I think we know where she will try next??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 8:01pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Fair enough Paul but I think you missed my point. It's a basic rule and it goes like this:

Play the ball and not the man.

I am tired of all the sh*t fights on here from people that have no idea how much their nonsense posts are hurting our cause. One poster in particular has caused so much damage to recreational fishing rights  through his 77+ aliases by alienating some of the most responsible recreational fishermen in the country.

Absolute barstool of a man who unfortunately believes with his whole heart he is doing the right thing. Sad because he can't see what most of us can.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 8:19pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Who has 77 + aliases
The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote REIVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 8:24pm
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 8:31pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by mowerman mowerman wrote:

Who has 77 + aliases

A member of these forums who has now agreed not to post here anymore.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 8:31pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by REIVER REIVER wrote:

yep
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 8:43pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This eels issue is the same as the salt water fishery. Overfishing but .environmental and habitat degradation most likely at main reason for collapse . sea grass is an area that the small elvers live in .As a child upon around Pakiri river .Omaha sea grass was everywhere .all gone now..I recall 1000s upon 1000s being in these areas..If this is a trend around shallow harbours and river inlets it may explain some of the loss ..
This degradation is slowly spreading out further into the saltwater and inner fisheries. Could explain the scallops.pipis.etc
The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 8:48pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Who has 77 + aliases

Hey smudge you sure its 77+ and not 78+ and continues to post.

Sorry cant help myself been a long few days stuck in a class room biting my tongue.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 9:23pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Who has 77 + aliases

Hey smudge you sure its 77+ and not 78+ and continues to post.

Sorry cant help myself been a long few days stuck in a class room biting my tongue.

Well the guy has given his word. Surely he's telling the truth. I know he cares for the fishery, unfortunately he has no idea about how to get people on his side.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 2:20am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

fair call "smudge"will leave alone and see where we head next,hopefully it get back to those involved and might raise a quetion are we doing it right?
Page  <12