FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drifting side on

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rozboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:28pm
Rozboon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well, that's enormous.

I've heard of people using those 1m^3 bulk bags with good effect, although maybe on smaller boats.

You can buy them cheap as, for example: https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/other/listing-2038550124.htm?rsqid=e0719cb35fb94cefa3ffc4a9af3507b2-001 then just put a big bow shackle through the handles (you may need to make up a little bit of a halter if this just pulls the mouth closed) and add a trip line. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dontpanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 8:08am
dontpanic View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The Bulkbag is a pretty cool idea, there is also the big suckers they use for rubbish collection, Flexibin and Green Gorilla.

Could be an interesting project getting one rigged up.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 6:57pm
Joker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If your going to go bulk bags then those cheap rectangular blue tarps from the red shed with a Y halter tied to each corner with one longer than the other and used like those modern parachutes might warrant an experiment. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dontpanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 4:33pm
dontpanic View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I got a nice surprise on Friday evening to come home to find my wife has bought a 12 Foot handbrake shute, we have both just been getting into the lure fishing thing (softbaiting, micro-jigs and kaburas) and she is as keen as I am to get it sorted.
The wind was very moderate this weekend so it has not been a real test but I will report in once we have had a chance to put it through its paces.

Page  <12