Does anyone recognize this Stabicraft boat?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Swintsnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone recognize this Stabicraft boat?
    Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 2:00pm
Swintsnz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys, 

Does anyone recognize this boat? The auction title says 1988, but then 1994 underneath. It states 2012 for the motor. Is there anyway to find these things out?

I am looking at buying a first boat and just looking for a few pointers. It would be used for a combination of heading around inshore coast, and also be able to head out to the Hen and Chicks or Little barrier etc safely. My price range is pretty much capped at 10k.

I have been looking at some pontoon boats, for their stability and added sea keeping abilities.The name and state of this boat are not particularly inspiring but finding pontoon boats in this price range seem quite thin on the ground. 

Whats the easiest way to check if it is all legally obtained etc? 

What would people check with an older alloy pontoon boat?

The link for the photo is here:
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1597457222
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:26pm
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

This could be a start

Plus the serial number on the outboard and some boats / trailers also have serial numbers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote notalloyit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 1:26pm
notalloyit View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Make sure your legs and back can take a pounding, you'll get it with one of these.
also ensure you have a decent waterproof jacket as you'll also get wet into a head or cross sea. good work boat, not pleasurable.
BNS Design & Print LTD 0800 733 000   for all printing needs, special rates for website members. Free freight NZ wide.