CRUSHER NEW NATIONAL LEADER

Page  <1 56789>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote bricker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 10:55pm
bricker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

At the end of the day........we the public will have the pick up the bill that coronavirus has wrought on the economy. Most folk realise that taxes will have to increase to cover the massive borrowings that the Govt. have incurred to keep NZ virus-free. Yes agriculture and it's exports will help massively BUT the bill has to be paid......period, as the Yanks would say. Look out for CGT on asset sales and a multitude of other ways to increase the tax take. 

There are huge unknows......the biggest of all will be down to how the rest of the world reacts to their economic woes. Govts across the globe are burning cash at a totally unsustainable rate. The knock-on effects of which will be generationally life-changing AND totally unknown.......no-one has any idea of how this will play out.

IMHO New Zealand's biggest problem is how/when do we let down the drawbridge and join the rest of the world? All well and good patting ourselves on the back having eliminated the virus, but it will be a mighty lonely 'party of one' if everyone else is in the "we have Covid-19 and were living with it" camp. Not much good saying "well done chaps" then turning round and finding you're "Norman No-mates"!!! It's all a bit of a conundrum. Mind you, if weed becomes legal we can all just roll a thick one and say "WTF"  Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 11:25pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm wondering if a dropper rig is the same as a ledger rig ?
This is still a fishing website , is it not ?
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 11:40pm
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sure is the same thing skoti, also called a paternoster
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 8:21am
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Skoti Skoti wrote:

Skoti this is just about the wisest thing said on all these posts. You know Ive seen smudgy rubbish a lot of what you say but hell mate after me you would be the next wisest person I  know.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 8:59am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

Originally posted by Skoti Skoti wrote:

Skoti this is just about the wisest thing said on all these posts. You know Ive seen smudgy rubbish a lot of what you say but hell mate after me you would be the next wisest person I  know.

You can always rely on Skoti to explore the real issues and serve up the cold hard facts
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:24am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'd ask these two for the answer
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:42am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

From Willie Jackson...

I've worked with Judith Collins for almost a year on The AM Show's political panel so have a very good idea of her nature as a politician and because of that, I am redoubling my energies to ensure she doesn't become the Prime Minister.

Don't get me wrong, Judith is great talent for TV political panels and I have enjoyed working with her.
Her sharp wit and put downs are the perfect mix for Breakfast TV shock jocks, but New Zealand doesn't need a quick witted sarcastic entertainer as Prime Minister right now, we need someone who can make difficult decisions in real time with empathy, insight and kindness and of course that’s Jacinda not Judith.

Empathy, insight and kindness are not Judith's strengths.

We don't need a PM like Judith who says divisive things about beneficiaries.

We don't need a PM like Judith with her legacy of dirty politics scandals, and we don’t need a PM who has a very casual attitude towards the treaty and comes up with ridiculous lines like “is there something wrong with me being white”. She knows how stupid and racially divisive that comment is but she says it deliberately to attract the anti treaty, anti Māori right wing vote.

The ironic part of course is that she is not a raving racist or redneck but more the politician who will do anything and say anything to get her team across the line.

We need a Prime Minister who can run New Zealand for all of us, but Judith is a 'Us-Them' type of politician.

In the wake of Covid and the pandemic we need a PM who can reach across the broken edges of society and bring everyone together, Jacinda does that to the point whereby we feel pride at her leadership.

I believe Judith winning the election would be a disaster for New Zealand. Her divisive political instincts was the reason why she could never win the national leadership and is why John Key never supported her.

They are instincts that might placate National party traditionalists and a desperate National party caucus but would be appalling in power.

For some of us, the astronomical polling for Labour has led to a complacency, Judith as National Party leader should end that complacency now.

Everyone who has been impressed by Jacinda and have felt taller for her leadership need to rally now to the cause to ensure a second term, because a first term of Judith Collins would be as culturally shocking to us as Trump's victory in America.

We need builders, not dividers.

Jacinda is a builder, Judith is a divider.

The election is on September 19th, start talking to your whanau now.
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 10:24am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 10:27am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think party political broadcasts need to have a " promoter statement" attached and contact details Catchelot!

Evil Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 10:28am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote widerange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 10:50am
widerange View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

must watch.long start about 4 minutes in
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 11:15am
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Perhaps TTM and his cohorts may have the scent of a trail in their nostrils.
Last few paragraphs and the mention of the year 2030.
Agenda 2030 perhaps?
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 12:06pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

V* - He's encouraging Marxist values.
Too much wealth in certain areas and way too much poverty in the rest.
Changing that is a dangerous route, eh?
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 12:11pm
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The one world govt ideas not even being hidden anymore. I've been getting called crazy for 20 years for saying that now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 12:56pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

You'll find all the detail on what you need here Catchelot:

I don't need anything Salty and couldn't care less, if you don't like the news article or the author then don't read it, Simple!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 1:37pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Jacinda is a builder, what a hoot!

I got 99,700 promised houses that say otherwise.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 1:47pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Ohhh dear Big smile. No there's bound to be some truth behind that stuff,

I don't think that there isn't corruption around us, but then according to you I'm a hardcore Labour supporter. I don't have strong political allegiances and I think I have voted left twice in my life many years ago. I thought I was allowed to have my own thoughts just like you think you should be allowed to have yours. 

Smudge, i've never referred to you as a hardcore Labour supporter. I've also never said you or anyone else for that matter can't have their own thoughts. You're making stuff up now, i've actually said the opposite in this thread. I'm all for the debate of ideas.
On the flip side you've tried to paint certain forum members as nutjobs then openly admitted you haven't researched or have little knowledge of the topic at hand.
You've threatened multiple forum members (either publicly or through private messages) with being banned despite them not posting anything abusive towards other members just views you disagree with. Who's the one trying to stop the discussion of ideas...Pot, kettle, black.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 1:50pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think it is not a crazy thing at all TTM.

You got to also laugh at people who bemoan the power of individuals with money trying to get control.
Bringing down rich people never made anything better for the poor. It has happened several times in modern history.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 1:59pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Take the money off the rich and everyone is worse off.
Stifle people of innovation,of the mind ,risk takers ,and they will simply choose not to be productive. Without production, new ideas, new technology we all go backwards. Money is the incentive to get ahead.
Everyone has that choice, to get ahead.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 2:01pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

To that point Muppet i think if Labour get back in with the Greens and go ahead with their tax proposal or even half of of what is being proposed that will be a big nail in the coffin for NZ as we once knew it.
Page  <1 56789>