Covid Level 3 Auckland

Page  <1 45678 11>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:15pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Over $5,000 for a single person quarantine now and an extra $3,000 for an extra adult and $1,600 per child.
How you like paying for them apples?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 12:03am
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

Wouldn't it make sense for international passenger flights to arrive at a destination other than NZ's most populated city?
Waiouru has an airstrip, accommodation and messing facilities plus existing personnel to enforce quarantine procedures, perfect.

Are you sure Waiouru has an airstrip capable of handling flights to & from overseas as it is as far as I am aware a military base ...  

My comment about utilising the facilities at Waiouru was somewhat tongue in cheek.  It is sometimes difficult to express that train of thought in writing.  I'm sure your comment with respect to unsuitability of the Waiouru airstrip for international flights is valid.
Having said that if one was to consider the logistics of transiting incoming pax from an existing international airport within NZ to a  Waiouru or similar facility, it's not rocket science.
As per Muppet's post above it would appear some companies are doing quite nicely thank you very much, all at the tax payers' expense.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 5:47am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It seems Jacinda may misinformed us again regarding this outbreak. Looks like there was contrary advice given to those involved in the cluster. Guess she will blame her Unite Against COVID Team now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 7:07am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Over $5,000 for a single person quarantine now and an extra $3,000 for an extra adult and $1,600 per child.

As far as I know the increase only applies to foreign students (they are letting some in) and essential workers - ie non Kiwis.
Medical essential workers get changed same as kiwis. They claim even with this new charge the taxpayer is still subsidising the system.
And last I heard - at least 30% of the invoices have been unpaid. And they have no track of where the people are. many I suspect have come...........and gone again. Home for Xmas to visit aunty etc and back to wherever they came from.
You have to fill in a form declaring if you 'intend' to stay in NZ more than 3 mths. But like a lot of Cindy's plans, there is no system to check
those that may be dishonest.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 8:04am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Personally I think it’s great.  You should too since you want to shut the border.  This may deter some. If they don’t pay then I’m paying.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 8:06am
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

As far as I know the increase only applies to foreign students (they are letting some in) and essential workers - ie non Kiwis.
Medical essential workers get changed same as kiwis. They claim even with this new charge the taxpayer is still subsidising the system.
And last I heard - at least 30% of the invoices have been unpaid. And they have no track of where the people are. many I suspect have come...........and gone again. Home for Xmas to visit aunty etc and back to wherever they came from.
You have to fill in a form declaring if you 'intend' to stay in NZ more than 3 mths. But like a lot of Cindy's plans, there is no system to check
those that may be dishonest.
Alan

Up until now almost no-one is paying. If you were returning home to stay it’s free.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 10:07am
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It seems Jacinda may misinformed us again regarding this outbreak. Looks like there was contrary advice given to those involved in the cluster. Guess she will blame her Unite Against COVID Team now.

Yip, will go something like this

"Ashley, this is your leader speaking...do you see that bus? I'm going to push you now Ashley, it's for the good of the team"

We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 10:15am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I doubt many of the returnees will stay here, they already decided it was better to live elsewhere.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 10:40am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Daily Mail U.K

"Trouble in zero covid paradise.. Jacinda Ardern under fire for unleashing social media mob on KFC worker she criticised for failing to self isolate as Auckland enters ANOTHER week long lockdown over just 11 cases.--- "--
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:08am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

In the UK where Boris had been under fire but he is rising again.

Meanwhile in Washington Biden praises Ardern while signing off policy that allows men to compete against women in sports.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:14am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry just cant accept that ...

Again I state that Im no Fan of Jacnda..
There are some people who no matter what  are told, suggested to do, will have a certain  pre conception in their head that no matter what no message will get thru...
 Then there ar others who no mater what the message is or how serious the issue is will think they are somehow exempt or blessed in such a manner that makes them exempt.
we have seen this in the past...
We have a community out break .. the initial accidental outbreak cluster is all good, and some church group or family or escapee just does their own thing regardless.

We live in a PC no consequences society that individuals cant be just stupid, or make out as ignorant or privileged, and instead we blame systems, and everything else.

Its about time and over due Jacinda has got angry at those  self privileged idiots who at the end of the day never take responsibility for their actions and blame everyone else.

An old saying .. "you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:23am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Steps what you got to realise is people are phoning the Unite Against COVID Team and asking advice. It is just not coming from the horses mouth.

A woman just on the radio was part of the K Mart cluster and was asked to isolate and they got to her 5 days after possible contact. Her husband is still going to work! And in her time off felt sick! How does that make any sense?

Plus all her check ups have basically been crap, repeated questions with no concern to her specific history. To her credit she has stayed home.

It seems the young lady who was linked to the KFC got contrary advice also.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:54am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Sorry just cant accept that ...

Does this help you accept it Steps? Direct from the horses mouth.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 12:34pm
Platinum
Platinum

I supposed the overwhelming support for Jacinda just goes to show how ignorant the vast majority are.  It simply amazes me that we have gone this long with the vast majority believing that our COVID response has been anything other than incompetent.

Mistakes and errors I can take and accept but not serial incompetence, and not making significant headway in over 12 months.

Remember when we were all kept in lockdown the first time a little longer because we were building a gold class contact tracing system?  I do.  We still don’t have one because a single case needs a lockdown response.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 4:15pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep you are right on contact tracing.
And now maybe some will start waking up to the fact we can’t go on with the lockdown solution.
South Korea has now moved onto an acceptable amount of covid and done away with lockdown. They are having approximately 500 a day of which the NZ equivalent would be 50. Remembering our peak daily was what 80?
Also the NZ response is being portrayed as we are good little sheeple who will do anything Jacinda tells us. Especially in publications like the Guardian. Does it still matter to you what the world thinks of us? Personally I think it is more important we get our kids to school and we enjoy our freedoms even with the risk now especially they are saying it is not going away this year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:05am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Stand to be corected above as to the web page stuff thaty has comer out since my post...

A woman just on the radio was part of the K Mart cluster and was asked to isolate and they got to her 5 days after possible contact. Her husband is still going to work! And in her time off felt sick! How does that make any sense?

Nope no sence at all

And then we get people like this person and so many others with simple basic commonsense.

Plus all her check ups have basically been crap, repeated questions with no concern to her specific history. To her credit she has stayed home.

It seems the young lady who was linked to the KFC got contrary advice also.

Which Im sure that most of the posters here would have thought to themselves "this doesnt make sense" and used basic commonsense.. and stayed home as well
Well I hope Im right most posters would have had that commonsense right?

My wife, a teacher , then in Sth Auckland, a while ago had a couple cold symptoms... She was told to stay at home till results came back (about 24hrs later) ..And so did our whole 'bubble'
Out of simple commonsense..

Oh thats right we dont have that anymore.. we do what we are told even if doesnt make sense... or even bother to question/ ask.. "would it not be better for the whole household stay home?

No common sence = stupidity
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:45am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well that is part of Jacinda’s agenda is it not?

Making us rely on what they say goes the so called Podium of Truth. So if someone rings the Covid helpline and gets told they are ok to work are they not speaking the party line?

So your argument for common sense goes out the door when those advising don’t follow it.

Not to mention lefties are not noted for having much common sense as it is.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:01am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hmm, commonsense? That would include locking down the whole of NZ for a few cases in Papatoetoe?

Commonsense might be that you start to modify your approach after 12 months when you see overseas isolation approaches working better (eg NSW), but no, that wouldn't play out politically as well, or give the platform to maintain your profile.

Commonsense and common decency might say you would front up and say "oops sorry, didn't realise the student who worked at KFC was told they didn't have to isolate, and the rules were actually changed after they stopped working. I shouldn't have piled the whole of NZ on them oh and I shouldn't really have started a stalinist 'dob-them-in' from the pulpit-of-truth either. That certainly wasn't kind of me".

Not seeing much common sense from that side are we?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 6:18pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Over 16,000 businesses gone the past year more than double the year before.

Add a few more this week too I suspect.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 6:52pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Common sense.. Well from our point of view.
 When Wife gets a cold symptom , we both isolate till test comes back.
 If we had been somewhere that a confirmed covid case has been.. We would isolate the few hrs till our tests came back.

Its not rocket science.

Common sense does not mean look around to find a bloody loop hole or excuse to get around basic commonsense practice.. or happen to have gone down some internet rabbit hole ending up being a conprisay denigal that covid even exists...

And lets face it Papatoe high is just up the road from destany church.. note how 2 of that 'community' refuses a test?

All that put it perspective?... make sense?... sensible thing to do?

Page  <1 45678 11>