FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid 19 - fishing & anything related

Page  <1 3132333435 40>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:42pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I would like to know why no new cases have been updated on this site, or deaths for days now. Its starting to look around 100k cases per day now. But releases on Wuhan look like the extreme measures China put into place (about when the rest of the world should have) are working and no new cases in the region recorded. It does give me hope that whilst its growing fast, that all major countries putting in WHO measures will see a fast drop as well in 6 weeks time.

Somebody, I believe Joe Rogan, said the epicentre for Italy has a large elderly population. Which is why many believe the mortality rate to be so high vs USA etc with 136:1m pop.  Germany which has personal impacts to me has a very good health system which could be keeping its down, Spain is off the hook along with Italy. By far the 2 biggest hit countries per 1M pop.

I still believe the World Military games in Wuhan late 2019 has something to do with the fast spread of the disease. I do hope all involved were tested and contacts traced and tested. This is where the conspiracy I believe started, but is absurd and already debunked as proven naturally occured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_World_Games

Many have been calling for tighter controls on the Wet Markets in for years now. I wonder how much international pressure will be put on China if they do not do something about it themselves?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:57pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Is it possible the wet markets in china have given the general population some degree of immunity in so much as stronger immune systems.
Whereas in the super hygienic west have we created weaker immune systems,due to high consumption of high carb,high sugar ,low healthy fat, junk processed foods. Likewise some have long been warning us on the use of antibacterial soaps as having potential to weaken our immunity to pathogens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:03pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Lock down Lunch.
OK guys - don't get any closer.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:11pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Italy believes it's been in their country since October. People.still using China's numbers.....(palm meet face)
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:35pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

Italy believes it's been in their country since October. People.still using China's numbers.....(palm meet face)

Have you got a sauce for that?

Yes China was yesterdays news, although I think the issue people have is the same as them not sharing vital information at the beginning of the pandemic, people are not trusting any real numbers etc.

But I believe it, that plays into my World Military games theory, ending in October in Wuhan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Military_World_Games

There are other theories for how for Sars-2 to have entered Italy though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:49pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Notice: 19 - 20 Covid-19 - Important information for mariners

This local notice to mariners is issued in line with government guidance regarding the Covid-19 Level 4 restrictions.

All mariners are advised that all non-essential boating must cease while the level 4 restrictions are in place.

In addition, please be advised that:
All on-water events (such as yacht races and swim events) have been cancelled.
The Harbourmaster’s office has reduced capacity to respond to maritime hazards whilst the level 4 restriction are in place. Therefore, all mariners are asked to navigate with extreme caution during this time.
People living on vessels are subject to the same Level 4 lockdown requirements as those living ashore.
Vessels at anchor must remain in the same location during Level 4 unless it is unsafe to do so.
This notice is valid until further notice.

If it becomes necessary to conduct a rescue at sea for someone not complying with these requirements, Coastguard volunteers are placed at unnecessary risk and an additional strain is placed on emergency services. We are asking that you please be kind.

The Harbourmasters office thanks you for your cooperation in these unprecedented times.

Andrew Hayton

Auckland Harbourmaster
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:53pm
Platinum
Platinum

It was on the herald website but can't find it now. The war games theory has been doing the rounds for a while,could be true. So could many other theories,like the Chinese people stealing it from a Canadian lab,then one of the Canadian researchers getting nailed for taking money from China without telling anyone. We will never know either way so what's the point.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:56pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I worry for Akl - Sth Akl in particular. If it takes hold there, I doubt Akl will be out of lock down in 4 weeks.
The Govt is currently preparing to run the country region by region.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:11pm
letsgetem View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

When this is all over, hopefully there will a thorough examination of what has unfolded. Including the government facing what they should have done differently.

Ill start the ball rolling -

Remember, there was a time when we were completely free of the virus. Should have prohibited all inward travel (of non-citizens or residents) much earlier. Obviously they thought this was "too drastic"; but it was soon shown to be "not drastic enough"". And, incoming travellers should have been ALL tested for the virus, and any positives put in compulsory quarantine. If this had been done about 3 weeks earlier, we would still be virus -free.

There should have been far greater testing and enough testing gear to allow this.

Theres been some lauding of how well Jacinda has performed. Oh? When its obvious to me, that she has been behind the weaknesses in government action.

I said before - shes too young and nice to look after the country when the "chips are down".
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:17pm
Platinum
Platinum

Asymptomatic...carriers... testing is a shot in the dark at best
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:26pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

It was on the herald website but can't find it now. The war games theory has been doing the rounds for a while,could be true. So could many other theories,like the Chinese people stealing it from a Canadian lab,then one of the Canadian researchers getting nailed for taking money from China without telling anyone. We will never know either way so what's the point.

I know, but the "Bioweapon" conspiracy has been well and truely debunked  From Bruce Lees Forbes article "If someone actually decided to develop SARS-CoV2 as a bio-weapon, that person needs to find a new job". No country would be dumb enough to create such a thing that will kill its own people as the article says. So its not about the Games being a consipiracy, rather, given Sars was isolated regionally, Sars-2 being a natural mutation, given its timing coinciding with outbreaks in Italy and it the Games being held at the Epicentre which saw its first cases not long after.

But what it does highlight which is what I said since swine flu, its a shot across the bow, now 5 major ones, from mother nature. This one yes will kill a lot of people. But imagine if it was as contageous but the mortality of Ebola. The world is quickly learning what the movie outbreak some 25 years ago showed, we are not prepared for the inevitable. Flu is one of over a thousand (i forget known number) known deadly "Novel" viruses, some with MUCH higher mortality.

So this is like a fire drill, our first one we have been FORCED to do, the others we ignored.

Perhaps we need to reconsider our consumption of Birds and Bats? Or at least mixing their bloods on the same chopping board. (not being literal on stritcly Birds or Bat, but whichever ones seem to have the most likely "novel" virus capability)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:39pm
Platinum
Platinum

I wouldn't put it past China to try something on its own people,what's a million test subjects when you have 1.4 billion.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:42pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Do you actually realise how completely irrational that makes you sound fish-feeder?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:43pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sunday to Wednesday will be very very difficult days...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:47pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Lock down Lunch.
Regards
Alan

Looks like its up on the ceiling mate! LOL
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:51pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yep.... seen it. 
Bugga.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:58pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by letsgetem letsgetem wrote:

Theres been some lauding of how well Jacinda has performed. Oh? When its obvious to me, that she has been behind the weaknesses in government action.

I said before - shes too young and nice to look after the country when the "chips are down".

I think she has the right balance of giving a .... and being capable of making tough decisions.

IMO Key screwed NZ during the GFC with the bail out, rather than letting us naturally land at our economies real worth and our property markets real worth, instead we had a second even worse wave of greed in the property market. I just hope I dont lose everything in 18 months time due to his decision and her harder one. Ive already been down that path and Id rather face 1/50-/1/100 mortality than do it again.

I do agree we were late though, but we were ahead of many other countries. UK wanted to keep going and accept the toll until a vaccine was ready. Trump is still talking about getting back to business.

When dealing with potentially ~1/16th of our country gone (some with $800k pa still claming a benefit/pension) she put these peoples lives ahead of us younger ones paying for the pension losing all our wealth and potentially homes. Thats not an easy decision, vs Key just printing money being a yes or no answer. Personally id gamble my life at 1-2% vs losing everything. But she has made a hard decision and there is nothing nice about it. Either way somebody loses big time.

RE testing if asymptomatic you wont find it anyway. the heat sensors used at some airports I thought were good measures as a quick way to find those with symptoms.

I do agree in general about some of your sentiments, i just have a different perspective on them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:04pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by JK JK wrote:

I hope he has caught his limit and frozen some, could be a long wait until he gets a ceiling feed like that again.

Best served on a couple of strips of toilet paper. Tongue

It was funny how that "Survalist and Pandemic" show shot to #1 in US the other week, Im sure this is the cause of what should now be known as the toilet paper virus. I didnt realise until today people were actually have fist fights over the stuff. Man, like Trump and the China guy, it doesnt take much to lose what makes us civilized.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:08pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by JK JK wrote:

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Lock down Lunch.
Regards
Alan

Yeah - sorry. It is the right way in my picture file - but seemed to have got flipped when posted. If you wait long enough - they should fall down.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:13pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So, here is a fishing story for you.
The crays I got in the pic I hand potted for. In a spot I can see the float from my kitchen window. In 30 yrs I have never fished that area. I knew they got crays there - but I always left it for guys that don't have a boat - I can range further - altho I never have to go far. Now, I am that guy without a boat - and no one else is fishing the area - got it to myself. I was real excited to pull the pot and find crays in it. And good size too - not really necessary to measure - 56-58mm (only get males here) at a guess. I have always known the good ones are often in real close, and I push my boat right in when times permit - run the nose up on a rock. But these guys were in waist deep water, 100m from my doorstep.
The next month may not be so bad after all.
Fish your feet first.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Page  <1 3132333435 40>