Council Life

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Council Life
    Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 3:11pm
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I thought i'd share a story about work today and how your rates really are being put to great use.

In the mens, a sign had been put up over the hand dryer saying "Out of Order, an engineer has been called." Having seen this for the past 3 days I decided to have a go at fixing it myself. After seeing there was no indicator power light, I searched for the wall switch. Seeing it was in the "Off" position I thought about writing a report about it, sending it to Committee and then notifying the public about whether it was best to engage a consultant to investigate further, stick with the status quo and wait for an engineer or flick the switch to "On." 

I opted to flick the switch and reward myself with a coffee and the admiration of my colleagues.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 3:42pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I hope that you filled out all the OSH forms and have attended the correct training course to qualify you to undertake such a technically tricky operation Cliff.  Otherwise I'd keep a low profile and deny any knowledge when someone asks why the dryer is working again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 4:52pm
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sanitation is a serious health hazard. When it was first noticed that dryer was not working this should have been reported to the OSH rep , who then should have closed the toilets ( after filling out a hazard indentification report ). If this meant the ratio of toilets to workers was out of kilter then the building should have closed and everyone sent home until the problem was remedied.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cigar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 5:40pm
Cigar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

And tomorrow you go to work, and the office is in chaos because someone has died from being electrocuted by the hand dryer. The aforementioned dryer was known to have a major fault, so was turned off at the wall and a sign put up to stop people using it until it could be fixed, but some unknown person turned the switch back on and removed the sign......

Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 6:34pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

right now Cliff thats it,you being a non union member i will have to report this to the shop steward,we cannot have anyone walking around using common sense,it affects the overtime 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 8:25pm
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 11:01am
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by pompey pompey wrote:

Sanitation is a serious health hazard. When it was first noticed that dryer was not working this should have been reported to the OSH rep , who then should have closed the toilets ( after filling out a hazard indentification report ). If this meant the ratio of toilets to workers was out of kilter then the building should have closed and everyone sent home until the problem was remedied.

This ratio sounds like an interesting idea to get Friday off work!