Charter operators~~the GOOD ones

Page  <1 10111213>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 9:02am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by bentbutt bentbutt wrote:

Dove charters on board Wild Goose out of Kawhia last week. First time charter goers me an my 10yr old. Full moon, the fishing was I thought fantastic, so skipper off the hook. He and his deckie Bruce worked non stop for the crew doing everything needed for clients in a manner better than we often receive across a shop counter. Thanks Dove, my boy will remember that trip for the rest of his life.

I just had a message from Bruce the deckie telling me about bentbutts son, catching most of the fish.
The youngster was a "machine",he said, & was real good at what he was doing.
Not to dusty for a 10 year oldClap

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Fish'n Chix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 1:40pm
Fish'n Chix View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just came back from a trip out of Whangaroa with Blue Water Adventures. This is my 2nd time on the boat and it's a serious fishing machine! - White pointer with 2 x Honda 250's on the back - it gets up and boogies and is well set out - heaps of room and a dunny! PLUS - skipper is knowledgeable and good value buggar.
You can catch anything out of Whangaoroa too - Marlin (they got one yesterday), Tuna, Bass, Bluenose, serious Kingy's as well as all the usual stuff. Only $300 inc bait and gear.
Accommodation is bloody cheap too. We have booked a few trips and need people if you're keen - I will post it shortly Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bornagainfishermen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 12:31pm
bornagainfishermen View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fish and dips Roy's the man very knowledgeable and hard working going the extra mile to get you hooked up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 7:44pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by bornagainfishermen bornagainfishermen wrote:

Fish and dips Roy's the man very knowledgeable and hard working going the extra mile to get you hooked up

X2 I just had a great day out on Fishndips with some mates and we were all very impressed with Roy's effort and attitude.
Great boat, great skipper good times.
If your into lure fishing or you just wanna try it out make a booking and get amongst it.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpursMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 1:45pm
SpursMike View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, A few of us from work are thinking about doing a charter soon and looking for some recommendations. Wanting to go from either Auckland or Gulf Harbour. 4-6 people . Thanks in advance.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 4:03pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Mike. Welcome aboard.
There's a whole section above dedicated to "Charter Reviews" 

but when I looked recently I was disappointed that the most recent 'review' was Sept 2016. (!) Lots more from 2006 etc...

Surely some more recent reviews are available?

I booked with Nik Key of Snap Fishing Ventures myself. Met him at The Boat Show.

I might have to write my own review. Good Luck.
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote PJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 12:38pm
PJay View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Hauraki Express (who operate from Westhaven and Sandspit) got a really good write-up in the "Charter Connections" part of NZ Fishing News November 2017. 

They particularly praised Capt Nick Jones.

(Disclosure: Nick's my son...!)
PJ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 10:25am
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just smoked a big chunk of Kingfish, courtesy of a friend who went out on Earl Gray chasing Kingfish.
They were very successful!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote _Jimmy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:21am
_Jimmy_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey team, 

The guys we used to go with for charters in Auckland are no longer,  and we are stuck for ideas for a good boat that can do a reasonably all weather charter for 6+ people. (covered fishing area) 
Any tips or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. 

cheers, 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 8:31am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by _Jimmy_ _Jimmy_ wrote:

] Hey team, 

The guys we used to go with for charters in Auckland are no longer,  and we are stuck for ideas for a good boat that can do a reasonably all weather charter for 6+ people. (covered fishing area) 
Any tips or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. 

cheers, 

Contact Capt Roy or Kev at Fishndips great charter operation Roy is a great skipper.

Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote formtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:25am
formtool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi guys, 
Can anyone suggest a good replacement for Diversity charters. Really enjoyed being able to just get out on a charter by myself and meet other people rather than try and organise a group which most of the time someone pulls out. Or if there is a group of fishers who require another person for charters then could be keen. Around Auckland and outer gulf area. Now the kids growing up, me time required.
Cheers Rod
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote beer_cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 9:36pm
beer_cruiser View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Any one know of a charter out of Whakatane that could take 12 tradies for a Christmas party?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 12:33pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by beer_cruiser beer_cruiser wrote:

Any one know of a charter out of Whakatane that could take 12 tradies for a Christmas party?

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dutchy_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 1:55pm
Dutchy_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Any in Akaroa area?
Or any locals feel feel taking a solo out. Will supply beverages and some cash in the pot
always keen for a fish! 0220901730

http://www.theworldwidefishingclub.com
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Recreational_Richo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 2:58pm
Recreational_Richo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Bay Fishing Charters - Nimble II

Based out of Marsden Cove Marina. 

Captain Andy is a good operator, never sat still once the bite stopped and i've always gone home with a full bin. Been out twice and going again Easter. Can't wait!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 9:31pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Is there any charters that target Kingfish. I get replies like, if they skipper decides etc etc. No I want to only go for Kingies. Im picking Tauranga and Mayor Island might be good, but seems in Auck or Guld Harbour there is sweet FA. Want to get some kings smoked before I head south.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 10:18pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

... Want to get some kings smoked before I head south.

Most charter operators would balk at letting you walk off with kings ( plural).
One should be enough for anyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vundu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 5:32am
Vundu View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Out with the Snapper Fishing Charters today. Hopefully the weather will be okay.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Vundu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 7:52am
Vundu View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The weather was perfect and the fishing was great. Another good day 
  with these guys.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 11:30am
John_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A few diff charters on the scene these days.....most have been around awhile... Thought would update a few

Snap Attack with Carl & Lenny, out of Westhaven.. general snap fishing

Nik Key on various boats, think is looking for something else, but def one to look at, doe's mostly sliders...

Ultimate charters have a few boats & is worth a look, cater to all sorts.

Various boats in Coro:
Legionaire II with Noel, our Rsa used to hire him a lot, beast of a machine...

Nadgee a good boat, not fastest but puts you on the fish..

B & B is a quick boat from Thames, see him a lot when we out there...
fish next to him a lot lol.... motor is always going.... cause fish trained well, from the harvesters...LOL

Can find most on FB... just look

cheers

Page  <1 10111213>