Catch Livies Jerkshad Review

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:01pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good convo. I used some of these as i liked the look of the 7inch black with gold specks. Caught decent fish still prefer zman for my snapper fishing. They tick far more boxes for me than any other brand especially as they have added more colours and shapes over the years. For trout bait junkies and savage blow the zmans away though. All depends what you are looking for in a plastic.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 10:13pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bit of bad feedback on the Catch Livies. Bought 7 inch Jershad in Engine Oil. On removal from the clam shell packages, all was not well. One softbait was fine, the remainder were a sticky mess. Difficult to rig and tore easily.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 10:58pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gee, that sounds like a trip back to the shop for a refund, mate. Not of "merchantable quality" I think the official phrase is under consumer law.
Very disappointing, hopefully just a dodgy batch?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 1:57pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah, luckily, I fished the receipt out the bin. Haven't been able to get back to H&F to get an exchange/refund as have COVID. I'm fine before anyone asks, very mild this time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 5:15pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just exchanged the packet without too much difficulty once the scepticism was dealt with. We noticed that the main colour in the faulty softbaits was quite different to the others (clear vs brownish). It was as if a component was missing from the mix.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 7:53am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

That's an interesting question - because red won't be red at a decent depth where the lumo will show up.
My understanding is the red will look greyish (at least to human eyes) once it's down at say 20m (depending on water clarity). Stand to be corrected.

All colours disappear at some point with increasing depth of water, but red is the first to go. Maybe that's part of the attraction?  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 12:53pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

Just exchanged the packet without too much difficulty once the scepticism was dealt with. We noticed that the main colour in the faulty softbaits was quite different to the others (clear vs brownish). It was as if a component was missing from the mix.

A good end result, thanks for the update.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 5:34pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Longer term user report. I've had some problems with Catch Livies pre-rigged on worm hooks. They just kind of split in two where the hook goes through the head of the softbait. Not sure what's going on here, maybe some kind of reaction with the metal? I realise this isn't how most people use softbaits in NZ, so might not be an issue for you. Back to ZMan for me. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 6:08am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just got some of their 6' grubs as I like some of the colours they have available that Zman don't do. Will try them during lure masters see how they go along with some squidtrex.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 7:46am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Please report back. I think the Livies are good fish catchers. Also interested to hear about Squidtrex. Will you fish them classic softbait style, or vertically?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mc Tool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 4:28pm
Mc Tool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Awe  crap !  I can see soft baiting becoming an Olympic sport LOL
I wish I was young again .... Id be heaps smarter than this time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 8:06pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Longer term user report. I've had some problems with Catch Livies pre-rigged on worm hooks. They just kind of split in two where the hook goes through the head of the softbait. Not sure what's going on here, maybe some kind of reaction with the metal? I realise this isn't how most people use softbaits in NZ, so might not be an issue for you. Back to ZMan for me. 
Haven’t used the Catch baits, are they made from the type of material as the Zman. I found the thin worm hook could get pulled out through the side of the bait on some of the early PVC soft baits.

I like the bait Junkie but they are better on the bait Junkie jig heads and the BKK jig heads are nice as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 9:16pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interestingly, both Catch and Zman claim to be made of TPE. I'm no plastics chemist, but I'm guessing that title covers a lot of different formulations. I realise worm hooks put more pressure on the material, but the Livies spontaneously split, some without being used.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 9:38pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Interestingly, both Catch and Zman claim to be made of TPE. I'm no plastics chemist, but I'm guessing that title covers a lot of different formulations. I realise worm hooks put more pressure on the material, but the Livies spontaneously split, some without being used.

Yes TPE or TPR is the new super strong plastic. I use it on my new jerkshad models. Not all plastics are equal and lot of different formulas used.
I know my new TPE are stronger than anything on the market. I had my first "lost tail " a month ago and that is with nearly a year of use.
tbh, they are too tough, not good for repeat business
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Page  <123