CANTERBURY KAYAK FISHING CLUB

Page  <1 266267268269270 271>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jaytheham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 10:30am
jaytheham View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I'm totally keen for a saturday mish, is Peraki really that sheltered from a NW? It's looking pretty blowy on the forecasts I've seen.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 3:05pm
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Peraki - NW 11-14kts. Once you get out around the corner in close it's sheltered enough.
Nape Nape - Based on Hurunui mouth forecast is gentle to moderate NW breeze.
Kaiakoura - NW dies out Friday, turns W, SE, S only 4-2

At this stage KK or Nape Nape is my preference. Better fishing on all counts. Might go Friday night and throw pots out too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 3:33pm
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Actually Jay you are correct about the NW in Peraki because it funnels down the inlet and it can be mean. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 7:58am
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

peraki is best on a NE. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 9:20am
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You are correct.
Definately going to KK if anyones keen to join me. Might go tonight yet and throw pots out. 0274807909
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote stuart165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 6:34pm
stuart165 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

good luck, will wave on the way past if i see you. heading to okiwi in the boat for the weekend. Tried pots with mackeral, cuda and kahawai north of kk 3 weeks ago with no luck. set them in 4 or 5 m of water. dont know if the helps with any info.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 1:33pm
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Saturday was a beautiful day at Kaikoura. Hardly a breath of wind, conditions were perfect. Cray pots came up empty. Had good bait too with Blue Cod and Paua Hua. Surfcasting Friday night with prawns and mussel turned up nothing off the beach at Mangamaunu which surprised me. Saturday I drifted 800m out off Mangamaunu beach targeting Gurnard and Rig with Prawns & Mussels, no luck with Gurnard but scored this very nice Rig yum yum!
Drifted the sand further north, but Dogs everywhere. Bigger Dogs this year too for some reason. Used cooked Prawn and Mussel, but the Dogs loved all of it. Came in for a dive and got 1 undersized Cray, 1 nice Butterfish and 6 good Paua, 1 measured 160L x130W. Came on to a good pod of monster Paua like that after getting my quoter, so know where to look next time.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 1:27pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice work grant!
are you around at xmas?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 1:37pm
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

yeah don't go away until 8th January. Got 8 days at Parapara up by Collingwood. Hope to get into some snapper and might go 15k out and try to find me a Tuna
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 11:47pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

great i'm off between xmas and new year

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NathanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 9:15am
NathanW View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys, Heading up round Abel Tasman for Xmas/NYs (Pohara to be specific) anyone know of some areas around there at are good for kayak fishing? any hints or tips? never been up those way with a yak so would appreciate any hel

Nathan
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:39pm
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Nathan,
I'll be up there too, but not until the 11th Jan. Staying at Parapara just north of Pahara. I don't know the area well enough, but the mussel farm north of Collingwood is a good spot on the right day apparently. Plenty of snapper and gurnard out off the beaches there I would imagine. Patons Rock is popular for snapper i hear. Long way out to deeper water of 20-25m, it's 10k out but worth a go because last year the place was going off with KG's & LB's.
Good luck
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NathanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 8:24am
NathanW View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Chook, Thanks for the advice, unfortunately i think you may have got Pohara & Pahara mixed up, we are going to Pohara which is 5 minutes away from Tata Beach in the Abel Tasman, Nelson. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 9:40am
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I just spelt it wrong. That's the place i meant "Pohara" it's about 20k away from where we're staying at Parapara
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NathanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 11:32am
NathanW View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Awesome, Have googled some of the places you mentioned! looking forward to trying them out, will let you know how i get on! appreciate the information! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 12:46pm
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

check out swell for Jackson Bay west coast awesome. Weather good too! we should go for 2-3 days
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 12:01am
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

some small king fish are starting to turn up around banks peninsula

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 9:22am
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

canterbury king fish thread....theyre out there in numbers it seems......

http://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/canterbury-kingfish_topic61451_page8.html
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gollyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 9:49pm
gollyfish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

stu and i took a look for a king this morning....no joy. but i did avoid the 4 orca i met the week before!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Monsterbishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 9:12am
Monsterbishi View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

We're out at Okains bay this week, dragging our net around the breakers has bought up some fine and tasty specimens - including a sodding great Rig that was a joy to release and even more fun watching it swim away afterswards - will post pics when we get home on Sunday :-)
Page  <1 266267268269270 271>