Butterworth fly rods

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterworth fly rods
    Posted: 11 Mar 2003 at 11:52am
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could get the top end of a Butterworth fly rod from. I have just been given one by a friends brother who accidently slammed it in his car door and broke it in half. I don't think it's repairable so am keen to get a new tip section and put it to use. The code is GF9007AFTMA#7.

Cheers
Kingfishsi
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2003 at 12:14pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Thompson Walker are the agents in NZ ph09 5735007 ask for Graeme Thompson you will get more joy from talking to him....... but i thing you will find they don't bring them in from Aust ... but he might bring you one in if you ask nicely.....

Cheers Lethal 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2003 at 12:19pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Lethal , have you had a go at jigging for trout?

What are the secrets? How different from snapper jigging ? (apart from lighter gear etc)

Russ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2003 at 4:22pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Hi Russell, no i haven't mate all this time the best ive done when it comes to trout is sit on the bottom and watched them swim around in lake Taupo down near Waihi bay........ that was before anyone started jigging for them the anglers back then just surface trolled for them, but it was an interesting sight all the trout where on the edge of the drop-offs chasing little minnows or smelt long thin silver fish they where in groups of around 20-30 the small fry, a trout would circle them till they were in a tight ball then crash through the middle hopping to pick one off.... so even then you could see how a jig would have nailed them..... my highlight in that dive was waving a glove in front of holes under a log and grabbing the freshwater crays when they grabbed the clove managed 6 crays that day most up around 9ins long including the big blue claws when measuring, never seen them that big before.... they taste nice too.....

Cheers Lethal

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2003 at 4:46pm
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Lethal for that phone number. I'll give Graeme a call.

I have to agree with regards to the freshwater crays. Use to catch them when I was eeling in the stream that runs through my parents property. Yummy

Kingfishsi