FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Braid to trace (again) .

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:41pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Firey Firey wrote:

Hang on a minute BA you wrapped the braid around the mono and kezza wrapped the mono around the braid. Does it matter? Trying to wrap heavier mono around braid is a tad difficult so im thinking the other braid around the mono.

you always tie the mono or flouro around the braid.Flouro is very good as the braid grips it nice.My two cents worth....spiders hitch or bimini to yacatan and three turn lock knot from power pro.Never failed me.Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 10:11pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Firey Firey wrote:

Hang on a minute BA you wrapped the braid around the mono and kezza wrapped the mono around the braid. Does it matter? Trying to wrap heavier mono around braid is a tad difficult so im thinking the other braid around the mono

sorry mate, I actually tie the braid round the mono, it nips up nice its an easy as knot guys worked today on 30kg bronzies no worries at all.Wink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Firey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 10:26pm
Firey View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

So obviously it doesnt seem to matter which does what Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 10:32pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

persoanlly mate I like the braid binding to the mono as its the thinner of the 2, I used to do the same as Kerren but got the odd slippage, both appear to work well and I have no complaints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 1:13pm
Cbro View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bimimi to a yacatan, IMO its the best and most stream lined connection, like Blue As, I prefer the braid binding to the floro.   Nothing wrong with a spiders hitch, some people find it easier, Takes me the same time to tie a Bimimi.
After tying the yacatan i like to do a half hitch so the tag end does not get snagged in the guides.

Page  <12