BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 10191020102110221023 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote doublenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 5:35pm
doublenda View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good catch Piwi.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 10:58am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Out off Harrisons this morning for a couple of hours and picked up 5 snaps to 45cm a trevally and a kahawai.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 8:19am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Piwi.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote doublenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 7:28pm
doublenda View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Another good catch Piwi,got out this morning my self,messy sea to start with, did come right once wind dropped, just 2 under size snapper to release.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 5:01pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Oh bugger Doublenda. Should be some good fishing coming with autumn.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ripples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 5:21pm
ripples View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi BOP Yak man: please share this information (i.m not that great with this)

Hi all, EBOP Kayak FC has its 2023 comp on 22nd April. HQ is again the Ohope Charter Club. Boundaries from Katikati to Waihau Bay, briefing Friday 7 p.m Ohope Charter Club. Main prizes include a main spot prize choice of either a new fitted out Reload. Heaps of other prizes for main categories of fish ++, i.e, $700 accommodation voucher for average weight snapper for an entrant outside the EBOP. See entry form and rules on Face book page EBOP KFC under Events or go to: 

https://form.jotform.com/220401346681852

NB, it is not mandatory to be at the briefing Friday p.m but please register and identify your fishing grounds by e mail [email protected] or text me

Jeff on 0212286051.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ripples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 5:27pm
ripples View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi all, EBOP Kayak FC has its 2023 comp on 22nd April. HQ is again the Ohope Charter Club. Boundaries from Katikati to Waihau Bay, briefing Friday 7 p.m Ohope Charter Club. Main prizes include a main spot prize choice of either a new fitted out Reload. Heaps of other prizes for main categories of fish ++, i.e, $700 accommodation voucher for average weight snapper for an entrant outside the EBOP. See entry form and rules on Face book page EBOP KFC under Events or go to: 

https://form.jotform.com/220401346681852

NB, it is not mandatory to be at the briefing Friday p.m but please register and identify your fishing grounds by e mail [email protected] or text Jeff on 0212286051.

Clap

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pappaddlbrdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 3:16pm
pappaddlbrdr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Got out on the paddlebaord with the softbaits Sunday arvo. The wind was a bit tricky on the board but  ocean was alive with surface activity and had an amazing session on heap of kahawai & a Trev for sport and then a couple snapper for the table.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 7:51pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work. Have dusted off the yak for a jam in the morning, conditions too good to miss out on after all the crap weather.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:11pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice job off the Paddleboard!

DT looks nice tomorrow. I know another guy who is heading out tomorrow too.

I went Sunday morning off Papamoa. Was easy fishing in close.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 8:30am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

easy fishing yesterday for 35-40s in 16m
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 5:56pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

And a Dory Mike great eating.
Autumn is so good for fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 5:33pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Dusted off the cobwebs, snails and slime and heading out in the morning. Spot t.

Seems like closer is better.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 12:40pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got out in the dark, took a wave over bow and got saturated. Tried in 10, 16 and finally got into them at 22m. Broke my trace, so fished one rod tied with a granny knot braid to jig. I can’t see ****e in the dark. Ended up with 7 pannies, most on the good ol yellow Ali express jig.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 3:07pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good stuff Dale I also went this morning off Harrisons with my nephew. Was pretty bumpy out there and fishing was slow. I ended up with 3 pannies and a kahawai and my nephew 5 pannies.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 4:57pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah, not the nicest of conditions. Took me about an hour to even get a hit, then it was all over pretty quickly once I went out deeper. There was a heap of sign at 10m.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 5:32pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Heading off the domain tomorrow with Phishpulla if anyone else is interested
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 10:54am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Excellent fishing limited by 7.30am

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Swainsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 11:06am
Swainsnow View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Lovely day on Sunday-Harbour entrance a bit like a washing machine with go fast boats on all sides. Long 1.5m plus swells on a mostly glassy sea. Have to admit I needed the exercise paddling out past A-beacon but could have used at least one pannie for dinner. No luck but nice day to be on the water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 1:33pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A great weekend away with the usual crew. Fished the 3 Species comp in the coromandel. We all caught plent of fish. A new concept with a release section of prizes. As you can imagine it will take a little time getting use to measuring at sea. Just missed out on top spot for released Ky. Next time I must get the fish laying straight and gain 0.5cm.
Thanks Laurie and all the sponsors.
Our crew ended up I the prizes, well done Luke 3rd overall and second place Trevally and Ash 3rd place snapper, I got second place released ky. I will not need any soft baita for a while. Thanks Kaveman Tackle, Catch fishing and Daiwa
Page  <1 10191020102110221023 1025>