BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 9991000100110021003 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 3:58pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well done . Pitty its not Saturday      
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 4:25pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Waylander cool hopefully get to meet you.

DT understated as usual, awesome bag.

A few tuna getting caught within 3 kms at the moment.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 4:48pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Were heaps of skippies out there today but couldn’t get a take on what I had
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 8:40pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice catch DT.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 8:28pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice bag DT!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruff as Guts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 1:13pm
Ruff as Guts View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Wow awesome catch! Thats what we wanna see for 1000th page! Must have missed the txt.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 6:32am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Fished in the ebop comp on Saturday.
Camman kindly picked me up Friday afternoon and we headed down to Whakatane to the fishing club and then onto our accommodation lodge down the east cape.
A great group of guys and a fun night of pool and too many beers before bed around midnight.
Up before 5am. The forecast wasn't mint and we could here the surf. The beach there is very steep so there isn't a 2nd bar break to worry about but the dumper on the beach is very tricky especially coming in where you get held by a back current before getting tossed up the beach.
Anyway we all launched successfully except Ash who got cleaned up and snapped a brand new rod and broke 2 flush rod holders. He got out 2nd time round and then we spent around 6 hours fishing.
Fishing was pretty good. I caught a good feed of snapper to 52cm and a couple of gurnard. Lots of small kahawai around too.
This comp had a max of 60cm which unfortunately a couple of our group exceeded by 1mm or so.
I headed in about 12.30pm and made it in clean. The wind just started to blow anyway. The other guys all started coming in and just made it in clean.
Only Allpom left and I decided to video him to put a bit more pressure on him 😄
and it worked as he was turtled on the hamster wheel wave that holds you.
His carbon paddle unfortunately floated back out so he grabbed another kayak and went back out to retrieve it.
Back to Whakatane and weigh in. Awesome they had the fish filleting dude there again who cleaned up our catch.
No prizes for me but a fun weekend and some good eating brought home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 10:55am
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Fished the ebop comp yesterday. Decided to try out west this year to try and go for more species as have found in the past our chosen spot out east provided nothing more than good snapper for me. Forecast looked semi decent all week but checked port website at 4 am and was reading 2.4 and average 20 knot easterlyShocked.
Went to Maketu to have a look and sure enough a no go so decided to head down coast to see if got any better which it slowly did but still average off shore so decided to launch at Whakatane heads which was an easy launch and looked ok from shore.
Easy launch right enough but pretty big rolling swells once out there- paddled into huge amount of dolphins which whilst being pretty awesome didnt give us much confidence fishing wise and was essentially proved correct with only ky caught with my biggest just under 2 kg.
Wind picked up after 1 and the swells just grew bigger so pulled the pin about 2.
Good catch up and laugh with other competitors once back at weigh in and prize giving with the highlight of course being Allpom's turtle esp with Piwi's commentary in the background.LOL 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 8:42am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice reports guys.

Cool to get some Gurnard Andy, pretty rare at the moment.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 9:21pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

It was good to see you blokes again.  After last year's lockdown I didn't want to miss the fun this year.  I'm hoping to do a longer trip next time around so I can explore the area.  It was also good to take a prize home. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 5:36pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice one Schecter 👍 I saw you get called up for that prize. Great weekend lots of laughs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 9:01pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice dt and no ponies.
Was fun fishing with the guys at the comp. That suck and dump wave got me. I also had good fishing and took out second place Trev. Had 2 good size king fish teasing me. I tried to get one but unfortunately I didn’t.
Surprised piwi didn’t put up the video
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:56pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great day out today it glassed out about 9 came across schools of rat kinges feeding on the surface. So hook up on one for a bit of gear testing great fun. On the snapper side of things 1@600 2@ 570 2@ 450 1@ 400 . I Was fishing about 10 minutes out in line with the lady walking her dog 👍
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 12:38pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Solid haul Cam !

Beaut morning out there today no surf or wind. Fished with my nephew and Newbie. Was a bit slow but kept 3 solid snaps with 2@56cm and a KY. My nephew got some pannies and a couple of gurnard.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 2:35pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one boys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 3:24pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

What a nice day put back plenty of keepers brought home two nice eaters 490& 520
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 8:37pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one guys!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 2:29pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work fellas. I haven’t been out but did manage to get lucky with a draw prize through the DB export Fishing comp and scored some kit.

Also a heads up the Tauranga fishing club snapper comp has been postponed a couple of times and is down for next weekend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 2:33pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice prize DT. I keep forgetting to put fish up on there.
Looks like this morning was still good conditions.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Newbie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 9:42am
Newbie11 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Friday was good for me, I got a couple of pannies early on so was selective from there and took another 5 in the low to late 40s home as well. Caught well over two limits worth. Gulps worked for me, z mans were a bit slower.
Page  <1 9991000100110021003 1025>