Boat reviews

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat reviews
    Posted: 19 Jun 2003 at 2:47pm
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi guys

Was at the bookshop at lunchtime and picked up a copy of 'NZ Propeller Boat Tests Trailer Boat Collection' It's a 216 page mag with tests of 49 trailer boats. It is well worth the $9.95 if you ask me.

Look forward to having a good read of it over the past couple of days.
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2003 at 5:14pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

kfsi, does it have prices? and can one buy it anywhere? cheers john
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2003 at 1:41pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

has anyone found a good source of boat reveiws on the internet? the only one ive managed to find that has been relavant to nz is the boatpoint site.

marcus

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2003 at 1:52pm
Titanium
Titanium

CJ, it does indeed have prices. Don't have it with me but from what I remember it has a price for hull only, price as tested and also a separate price for the outboard and trailer as per the test boat.

Should be able to buy it at most bookshops.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2003 at 4:31pm
Titanium
Titanium

kingfishsi, four down, four hundred to go! what book stoe did you get it from, maybe i'll call them and see if they have more. its not to be found in onehunga anywhere. cheers john

marcus, let me know if you find one eh? cheers john

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2003 at 4:52pm
Titanium
Titanium

I got my copy from the Whitcoulls in Downtown... I was in there at lunchtime today, I should've checked to see if there were anymore.

The thing with this mag is that if you didn't already have enough boats you've been umming and aaarhing over, you certainly do now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2003 at 5:02pm
Titanium
Titanium

cheers i will try them. oooohing and aaahhhing sounds more like it to me! i've never been much for following the trends and so far i have really only heard talk of fyran ramco and stabis. all good boats, love the stabis, but if there is another brand that looks good i'd be keen to check em out. thanks john
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2003 at 5:25pm
Dio View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

john

The guys from our club fish the west coast regulary in various boats seaboss/ mclay/ bonito/haines hunter & sea-nymph.The general opinion of us all if you don't mind a glass boat is that the Sea-nymph Searider 550 has the best ride.

Dio

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wakatoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2003 at 5:59pm
wakatoa View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Try this for stabi reviews John. I have had a stabi 490 for 4 years and no regrets.

http://www.stabicraft.com/index.cfm/Reviews

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grounded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2003 at 6:25pm
Grounded View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have a copy and really enjoyed reading (drooling over) it. It has prices but those are the prices current when the boat was tested, which could be two years ago. All the reviews and a whold host more are available from their website at a price of $7 each (I think).  www.prop.co.nz

Chris

It's a mystery to me
I was a Jerk On Line
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2003 at 7:03pm
Titanium
Titanium

dio, what club is that, the manakau sfc? i was at the last meeting and will be joining next month if so. and i have nothing against glass, just have been told by some they are hard on the tow vehicle and i think they need a bit more power and fuel. its just a cost thing. i would even consider ply although everyone i tell that to goes a bit funny.

wakatoa, have looked at the stabis alot. really love em, specially the safety aspect if i'm taking out my wife and friends. suddenly seeing a few more of the new style for sale used and will keep my eye out for anything in my price range.

chris, just read your pm, thanks alot that is just the sort of stuff i need to hear.

cheers john