#blackmagic30years

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kian._.v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #blackmagic30years
    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 5:21pm
kian._.v View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

My Dad, Sister and I set out on a beautiful mornings fish in our small inflatable in Matarangi/Whangapoua, Coromandel. The wind died off, the sea turned to glass being able to see your own reflection. We casted our soft baits in and hoped for the best. I placed my rod in the rod holder so I could fix something inside our boat. All of a sudden "ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz" a reel starts to scream. Turns out it was mine!!!Big smile. I yelled in excitement "Yeeooww" I snatched the rod from the holder and began to whined in a fish off a life time. It turns out the fish fought harder than its size. As the healthy looking snapper slowly rose to the glassy surface we all screamed and yelled in excitment. What a stunning looking fish it was. It weighed in at 8 pounds and measured at 56 cm. But the excitement didn't last for long. As I went to icky this yummy looking fish, the razor sharp knife slipped along the slimy scales of the snapper and the blade pierced and cut my finger. As I saw this, it played over and over in slow motion. I got light headed as I saw blood and more blood exiting the large wound on my finger. Luckily, from all the excitement and adrenalin I didn't feel a thing. We cut part of a clean towel and wrapped it around my finger to stop the bleed. We carried on fishing for a total of 1 hour. We thought we would try squidding. Sadly we ended up losing a couple black magic squid jigs from getting snagged in the long weeds. Since losing a few B.M squid jigs we thought it was best to go. But it ended very nicely as we headed back onto sand and decided to drop down our soft baits to see if we could get anything else for dinner. Luckily my younger sister was able to snatch a large gurnard and healthy pan snapper. Thanks to my sister and I we had gathered our dinner. And I went home happy and sad with a decent sized snapper along with a big gash in my finger... Haha.
Cheers, Kian
Kian
Cheers Guys!!!!!!!