Big Blue Backyard.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Blue Backyard.
    Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 7:44pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Excellent new show on Tv1 Sunday night.showed how tides effect the whole system.Seems the outgoing tide everything shuts up shop.cant wait for the Hauraki gulf episode.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 9:16pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I reckon, some good fishing shows on the telly, and good to see a show that looks at things from a different perspective. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 7:13am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Surely not you mean there is a show that doesn't just revolve around showcasing the sponsors latest product
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 7:22pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Those orca scare the [email protected] out of me.one day I was going along slowly and looked out the back of the boat to see a big smiley face closing in .I put the throttle down and was off.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 7:02am
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The quality of the filming is awesome!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 6:09pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

top marks to producers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 9:11pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It was a great show !   learned a lot ...  especially about the breeding of crays and kina.. life cycle etc...  feeding habits etc..  great stuff  9.5/10  for me....Thumbs Up 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote carlostairua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:14am
carlostairua View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Yep, loving this show
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 12:14pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

First 2 episodes were great thought this one focused too much on the angle fish & demosels, I think they failed to really show how good the Poor Knights are.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 6:04pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

last nights show got me thinking that i need to do a poor nights trip,been past but never stopped,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 6:43pm
Platinum
Platinum

It's worth a look for sure.

hit the bottom and rub the sand and huge snapper swim right up to you.

Stingray gardens are cool also.

Only been twice but would like to dive there again so should motivate myself, I tend to stick round home to much.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 7:18pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Do you need to scuba dive or can you get a feeling for the place by snorkeling?thinking late january.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 7:49pm
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We take the kids out with snorkels masks and togs. Bogie boards as assisted flotation/rest area. They love it! Need to watch out for other boats etc...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ponty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 8:47pm
ponty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great show. Seems like they pick two animals and really look at them in detail, with the eating habbits, habitat, breeding and predictors. Interesting the difference in breeding habbits of crayfish and snapper let their eggs go deep compared to angle fish leaving them and protecting them. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:45pm
Platinum
Platinum

I think in front of Blue Mao Mao arch it's pretty shallow and there are plenty of big snaps there.

I would say yes go for it but if nobody else here has snorkle experience there ask one of the dive outfits out of Tutukaka best snorkle spots etc.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:51pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yeah great show alright. I don't mind learning about angel fish or demoiselles as I don't know bugger all about them. I not 100% sure but I thought the narrator said something about stingrays only feeding on shellfish. If that's what he said he got that kind of wrong. Maybe I misheard as there was a lot of noise at the time.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:56pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think the narrator meant a variety of crustaceans, Smudge.  I'd say he probably wasn't responsible for the script .....
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 11:05pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Maybe, they certainly do take live fish though.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 9:06am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

guys if you are out there in the area its well worth a snorkle ther are shallow spots and a cave that are spectacular its the best dives i have ever had.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 8:02am
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I thought that the show and camera work were bloody good actually. We made a point of watching every show which says quite a bit.