best tow vehicle for 3.5 ton sub 60k

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote anarchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best tow vehicle for 3.5 ton sub 60k
    Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 8:54am
anarchy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hi all just a general question as to what peoples experiences are with tow vehicles for 3.5 ton in a late model vehicle sub 60k needs to be comfy for the family not fussed ute or suv 4wd a must
cheers mike
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 9:03am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What are the big angry fish boys using to tow there 7.5 game king ?
That's gotta be a similar weight
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 9:26am
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

i think they have moved to a mazda (BT50?)

http://bigangryfish.tv/big-angry-fish-style-mazda-bt50
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 9:43am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You can't really compare a sponsorship deal with real life experience, nice Utes but I dunno I reckon you are are better to look at a suv with a bit more weight if your tow package is actually 3.5 tonne I would be looking for a vehicle that weighs a bit more than 2 tonne .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote andrem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 9:49am
andrem View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

you will get close to a 200 series cruiser for that. Have driven the ford / mazda utes and the 200 series, no comparison...200 series amazing two vehicle and the v8 diesel is just awesome.

Boss just bought his second one!!
Rehab
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 10:21am
Titanium
Titanium

was going to say that but didn't want to state the obvious .
designed and built to tow all day every day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 10:31am
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The Mitsi Pajero 3.2 DiD is rated to 3.0 ton, the towbar on mine says 3200kg...7 seats, extras tuck away in floor, heaps of boot space, dame comfy, love mine on road and off... 4 wheel disc brakes as well and a proper 4wd hi/lo ratio selections
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 10:33am
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

landcruiser x 3
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rob Optimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 11:33am
Rob Optimist View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ist choice 200 Series Cruiser, they are getting down to that price now
2nd choice 100 Series Cruiser

You can't beat weight and power for towing boats around the three and a half tonne mark.
               "attitude is everything"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 11:51am
Titanium
Titanium

can't wait till the 200s are old enough for me to afford one , the 300 mustn be too many years away that will help. Untill then im stuck with 2nd best.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 11:53am
Titanium
Titanium

we tow 3 tonne with a 100 series comfortably.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rob Optimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 8:12pm
Rob Optimist View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

They both great tow wagons Angler,
300 must be out there getting tested in disguise somewhere now I reckon.
               "attitude is everything"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sea reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 8:15pm
sea reason View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Comfy for the family.I bought a NZ new 4.6 Rangerover in 2008 with trepidation but it has been great.Will tow anything ,air suspension,does not use much more gas than the 3.4 petrol Hilux it replaced,a great drive on longer trips,have put a 100000 ks on it with only regular service items,brake shoes etc and they are cheap to buy but buyer beware
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 8:34pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Rob Optimist Rob Optimist wrote:

They both great tow wagons Angler,
300 must be out there getting tested in disguise somewhere now I reckon.

Wonder what it will look like ? Ha yep I know more than happy with the hundy .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 8:42pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I tow 3 ton with 100 series cruiser , the first hour of our trips being coromandel hills and narrow roads , after that you hardly notice your towing. You will be running with braking system and breakaway , don't underestimate the value of a suitable suspension set up also.
200 series better again.

You can't beat having some weight in your tow vehicle , my choice to avoid relatively lightweight vehicles with high tow ratings.

Nissan patrol another option . Mind you I would steer clear of the late 3.0 models. Why they discontinued the bulletproof 4.2 6cyl diesel Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Obsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 9:26pm
Obsessed View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cruiser x4, I have a 100 series, 440000kms on clock, goes as good as the day it was new, more toe than a roman sandal!
will drive to 500000 then upgrade to a 200 series. Nothing compares!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Andee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 10:19pm
Andee View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cruiser x 5, we also have a 100 series VX. Towing a Dickey 8m boat with Suzuki DF 300 outboard.
Don't know what the boat + trailer weighs but it's a pretty serious tow when full of fuel etc.
That Cruiser has been very good to us, and has cost very little from new. It's now showing close to 300K on the clock.
There is nothing to compare with them in your price bracket Anarchy.
Ours was a run out model at around $72,000 new. The 200 series are a tad dearer!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 10:41pm
Titanium
Titanium

There resale value alone is testament to how highly they are regarded , guys are doing half a million kms + in them without hassles .
I wonder how long these new lightweight small engined high output Utes with ridiculous tow ratings will last trying to do the same job.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 5:11am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Probably last the warranty period....
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote strx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:18am
strx7 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

if you want to tow 3500kg you need WEIGHT, and no double cab ute provides it unless it was built in the U.S.
you need the heaviest, gruntiest SUV you can lay your hands on.

Ideally a Landcruiser or Toureg/Q7

Page  123 4>