Barrel Smoker

Page  <12345 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 2:13pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

trying too.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 2:28pm
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

ok, are you going to cook them to the end or are to going to take them out and wrap them in a foil. wrapping them in foil with some honey, brown sugar and some dijonnaise mustard make them nice an tender, flavour to die for. cooking them right true without wrapping, they might be little tough and little dry ...   if you have nice pice of charry wood put on the charcoal  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 2:36pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

was thinking of wrapping in foil last 30 minutes and put back in?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 2:52pm
Gold
Gold

i know you are know what you doing but have a quick look at one of my favorited channel, have a look, see what you think.btw, I'm always wrapping ribs, they are falling 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 3:16pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

bugger should of watched it first,all a learning curve,like your idea of wrap some goodness in the meat though,been going a little 1.75hrs temp at 75c about thinking another 1 hr take off and wrap??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 3:40pm
Gold
Gold

ok, i hope you hv a thick ally foil, what you don't won't is the precious liquid running away. my secret, secret recopy is: i melt butter (amount depends on amount of ribs .... be generous) apple side vinegar, honey, brown sugar and Dijon mustard.  now the smoke is not important only the heat from the charcoal... man i can smell your ribs from my place LOL  
Guess what ... I'm coking tandoori chicken ... again 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote lawabidingpoacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 4:05pm
lawabidingpoacher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

well the snapper turned out great , just got back from taking some to my mum ( along with some brisket and snapper fillets  and other veges ) i use methalated sprits to start the charcoal , pour a bit on  , leave for a few mins and flick a match in  , then leave for bout 20 min or so. put a few bits of te tree on and away it go's.. when the smoke dies down put more te tree on _ easy as
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 4:09pm
Gold
Gold

recently have develop liking to spicy Northern Indian cousin...  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lawabidingpoacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 4:11pm
lawabidingpoacher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

i gotta learn how to post photos
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 4:11pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just wrapped twice in foil with mustard djion in jar and golden syrup,no brown sugar,never mind,will give it 40 minutes and a bourbansouthern food right!. can hardly wait.
Served up with baked potatos and a (she said we must)salad

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 4:20pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Really dumb question,do let your coals burnt out or do you put out with water and reuse the good ones later??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 4:27pm
Gold
Gold

hoping your miss will luv the effort. it goes so well with KFC coleslaw 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 4:43pm
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Really dumb question,do let your coals burnt out or do you put out with water and reuse the good ones later??

Myself, i always let the charcoal burn out ... it may take some time. Put a nice pice of wood to season you smoker even more Cool 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 5:16pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

first batch seems moist ,mustard soaked in ,place back for quick warm up,wife happy and ordered chicken for next weekend,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 5:32pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks awesome Paul
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 5:54pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

not knowing how its suppose to taste seems ok by all here,maybe jst not use to charcoal cooking/flavour?? But this a first so only can improve. Thanks Kandrew.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 10:18pm
Gold
Gold

Well done, looks great. Was raining today, hope you didn't get wet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 5:34pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Got some fish now,little heat but lots of smoke,running just under 50c.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 5:41pm
Gold
Gold

Looking forward to see some pic and your feedback on the cook ;)
What fish are you cooking ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 5:43pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by RockCrashing RockCrashing wrote:

Looking forward to see some pic and your feedback on the cook ;)
What fish are you cooking ?
Some old snapper from freezer,filleted ,left skin on,hoping it wont curl
Page  <12345 10>